News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

the DMV: being stuck in the mud

Started by sakredchao, February 16, 2005, 09:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakredchao

recently i have decided to buy into the war and get a car.  and insurance..  however, i have discovered that dealing with the department of motor vehicles is very much like being stuck in the mud.

in fact, after doing both, i perfer the mud.

i consdered blowing it up but they would just build a larger building, so in the meantime  will contnue to go around using the unregistered version of my car.

kim
consistancy is the blah blah-blin of blah blah blah

Bella

Try AAA. Seriously. You can do most of the stuff you need at their offices and won't have to stand in line at the DMV. It's way worth the cost of membership to deal with real people instead.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

East Coast Hustle

AAA is the bomb, yo!

seriously, that $35 a year or whatever it is had gotten me out of almost as many bad situations as my .357...

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Bella

Me, too. I used to be famous for locking myself out of my car.
Or leaving the lights on and running the battery down.
just like in a dream

East Coast Hustle

yeah...one time I locked myself out with the car still running...and I was at work at the time, delivering pizzas...total cluster-fuck, but the day was saved in the end...

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

DJRubberducky

What I love about AAA is that it doesn't have to be your car.  If you're a passenger, you can call in your benefits.

I once bailed out a friend whose keys got locked in his car.  I hadn't actually been riding with him, but who the fuck was gonna know that, as long as I was with the vehicle to hand the locksmith my card?
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

LMNO

The DMV can be an experiment in monitoring your own patience levels.  You can listen in to all the other pissed off customers, a& realize that the person working at the DMV has to listen to their bitching for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.  YOu can take a meta-level awareness, and notice how you yourself are getting frustrated, and you can process through it.  

Makes beurocracy almost tolerable.  However, it helps if you plan to be there for 2 hours longer than you think you will.  That way, you're not stressed about how long it's taking.

Hoshiko

I have to go to the DMV today and endure the agony that is new resident licensing.

Last time I went they had 3 lines, all of which merged together towards the end. They didn't have any signs up telling you which was which, but they did have a helpful electronic scrolling sign on the wall. It slllooowllly flashed vital information, such as "Remember to buckle up!" and "3:15". If you waited long enough, it also told you which line to stand in.

Only the scrolling feature was so fast that everyone would hold their breath in a kind of mass anxious tension, waiting for the moment... and then you would hear 100 people sigh in unison as the information flew past too quickly to read.

The DMV is a lesson in chaos masquerading as order.
Making people sorry they asked since 1983.

She got the speakers in the trunk
With the bass on crunk.

LMNO

Quote from: Hoshiko
The DMV is a lesson in chaos masquerading as order.

...And therefore should be consecrated as a Discordian Shrine.

Lord Trout

Hmmm... The last time I went to the local DMV office, I found they had stationed a clerk at a desk by the door, in addition to the normal clerks in their usual positions. This special door-clerk was there solely to collect forms from people who think ahead and do all of the paperwork they need done ahead of time, and to tell everyone else where they can shove their incomplete paperwork.

I handed her my completed accident report, she stamped it and actually smiled at me. I was probably the first person she'd actually been able to assist properly all day. The clerk told me "Have a nice day!", and I thanked her and left.

Total time in the building: 20 seconds.
Well, shit.

Horab Fibslager

the last time i was at a dmv(like 7/8 years ago) it was empty...
Hell is other people.

sakredchao

i don't think that aaa will register the car for me, but if so, it's well worth 35$.

i don't think such a service would suit me..  we can't even figure out how to lock all the doors

my patience for most things is pretty decent..  my patience for the government however.....  not much.

kim

Bella

I registered my car at AAA, but it would depend on your state law.
just like in a dream

sakredchao

i'll look into it if our other 2 plans don't work..  
our plans being lieing and forging documents.

thanks
kim

Bob the Mediocre

Quote from: McStabyeah...one time I locked myself out with the car still running...

I did that when I got a jump-start from someone. The battery was completely dead, too. When I finally got the extra keys and drove it, the needles on all the gauges kept twitching down. When I noticed that, I turned off the radio.
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!