News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

magic works.

Started by slartibartfast++, February 24, 2005, 11:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: gnimbleyYou didn't live through it, brother.
Can I get an AMEN!  Plus, they made how many albums.  Their first one is completely different from their last.  And wasn't it about the last two, maybe three, you got a few Lennon songs, a few McCartney songs, one from Ringo, one from Harrison.  That is like saying an entire genre sucks, which usually, but not always, just means you don't like it, or you are an ass.  Take your pick.  

COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: McStabwhatever. the Beatles fucking SUCKED. bad. just one man's humble opinion.

8)

everythign sucks in youropinion don't it? unless it really does suck, in which case you lik e it. wtf ever. i'm not a discordian.
Hell is other people.

gnimbley

I'll take the COOKIES!!!!!!!!

Everybody grows up listening to the music of their parents generation.
And then, suddenly, they discover something different. something cool,
something uniquely theirs. A new type of music. When they investigate
they find that the giants of that music are the artists that invented it.
And the truly great artists are those that redefine music. Not just do it
better than anyone else, but change the face of music. Elvis, Dylan,
Beethoven, Stravinsky. People who introduce a new way of making
music, a new voice, a new ear.

What makes the Beatles great is not that they did this.

But that they did it TWICE.

Horab Fibslager

yeah the beatles totally rock. it's quite a prgeression form their early stuff to their latter stuff,a nd it's ALL  good. even the early pop stuff. there's a guy id rink with that has like a hundred or so of their songs in mp3, and is always surprised that mso tof em get palyed on the radio on a regular basis.
Hell is other people.

East Coast Hustle

Elvis was a total fraud.

Chuck Berry shoulda ripped his tits off for it.

just saying.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Quote from: gnimbleyI'll take the COOKIES!!!!!!!!

Everybody grows up listening to the music of their parents generation.
And then, suddenly, they discover something different. something cool,
something uniquely theirs. A new type of music. When they investigate
they find that the giants of that music are the artists that invented it.
And the truly great artists are those that redefine music. Not just do it
better than anyone else, but change the face of music. Elvis, Dylan,
Beethoven, Stravinsky. People who introduce a new way of making
music, a new voice, a new ear.

What makes the Beatles great is not that they did this.

But that they did it TWICE.
OK, at which point did they do that, er which time, um you may be right, but now you have me confused.  Here's some more cookies to help you think :wink:

BTW, thanks for being one of the few that gets it about the cookies... and pie.

Quote from: McStabElvis was a total fraud.

just saying.

8)
Elvis got paid because he sounded black enough to be played on the black stations, but looked white enough to go on Ed Sullivan.  He broke a lot of ground.  He did a lot of stupid things because he listened to other people.  Missed opportunites, opportunities that should have been passed by.  He screwed up like a lot of us do, but his mistakes made history.  Or at least the TV news.

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: McStabwhatever. the Beatles fucking SUCKED. bad. just one man's humble opinion.

8)
um... the beatles were not a band when MDC finaly was able to get his revenge fantasy fulfilled against someone who's shadow he lived under who also happened to be someone he met exactly twice/// once to get his autograph on a copy of double fantasy and again later in the day when he was able to off his hero... funny about how so many "lone nut assassins" came from theat particular branch of the military at that point in time.

um... as I was saying the beatles had already broken up.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

East Coast Hustle

yeah, and MDC ensured that we would NEVER have to deal with a reunion tour, or a Vegas special, or John doing telethons to help feed poor kids in africa, or any of that shit...plus, he pretty much got Yoko out of hte public eye, which was a good thing in and of itself...

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: McStabyeah, and MDC ensured that we would NEVER have to deal with a reunion tour, or a Vegas special, or John doing telethons to help feed poor kids in africa, or any of that shit...plus, he pretty much got Yoko out of hte public eye, which was a good thing in and of itself...

8)
the public eye was the best place for her... in the underground she released an album with sonic youth the beastie boys ween and cibo matto...

at least in the mainstream she could have done things with bands no one gives a fuck about anymore like u2...
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: McStabElvis was a total fraud.

just saying.

8)

Blasphemer.  Elvis is a perfect being.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

if you have not yet seen the movie "Bubba Hotep", please do so immediately...

8)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: McStabif you have not yet seen the movie "Bubba Hotep", please do so immediately...

8)

Read Rankin's Armageddon, the Musical.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: McStabif you have not yet seen the movie "Bubba Hotep", please do so immediately...

8)

Read Rankin's Armageddon, the Musical.

Touche (damn it, cant get the thing above the e)

agent compassion

Bubba Hotep = teh win.

And Bruce Campbell's really nice, too. And he's an adopted Oregonian, nyeah.

8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon