News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

Divine Spark (Piece of Shit Rant from Me)

Started by Zurtok Khan, February 25, 2005, 07:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zurtok Khan

There is no divine inspiration, there is no god.  Well, there is, but he/she/it has left the building already.  But he/she/it left you with a spark.  Just a tiny piece of burning coal ready to ignite if you touch the paper to it.  

When camping I have often waken up in the morning to find the fire has gone out, except for the few warm coals.  I've also found that if you blow on them, they have just enough left in them to reignite.  You simply have to blow on them long and hard enough to get a response.  

You are the divine mind, you are the burning coal, if you just find it.  You're already on fire, just feel it.  

Or don't, telling anyone anything is like herding cats, afterall.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Lurker

Bella

just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

DJRubberducky

I especially enjoy the implied instruction to blow your mind. ;)
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Personally, I take a lid off one of my totes and fan the flame, I am not sure if that is a good analogy, though.  Flip my lid?  Whatever.  Reminds me of the mustard seed story.  Or, a little less, but also the footprints in the sand.  You have to find that bit inside yourself.  Most people, I think Americans are the worst but I could be wrong, look for happiness, peace of mind, everything really, outside of themselves.  If you can't find it within, you can't find it without.  And trying to herd cats, holy crap.  The only way to get a cat to move in a direction you want is to put food there.   :roll: