News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

The Night Shift

Started by Lurker, February 25, 2005, 08:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lurker

The night shift isn't for everyone, especially when you work in the sewers.  In the sewers, you have to think on your feet (if you sit down, you'll drown).  You have to be quick on your feet, to dodge the ratzillas.  

A ratzilla is a huge rodent that vaguely resembles a rotweiller crossed with Spiro Agnew.  They can grow to be almost 18 inches long, not including the tail.  Rumors on the crew whisper of the horrible fate of Ed the Gimp, who was (as legend has it) carried off by a pack of the little monsters, never to be seen again.

And then, of course, you have vast areas of tunnel that have lapsed into disuse, and are no longer shown on the charts.  These areas are inhabited by homeless people, more ratzillas, and - according to old timers - the ghost of Roy Cohn, who finally got what he deserved.

America isn't ready to deal with the world that exists beneath their feet.  One ratzilla, alone, would be enough to set off a panic...hundreds might end our nation as a socio-political entity.  The teeming hordes of cockroaches would be no problem, obviously, as America has long been accustomed to cockroaches, both octopedial and bipedial.  And nobody, not even Vin Diesel, wants to deal with the ghastly notion of cannibal street urchins and/or the gnawed carcass of Ed the Gimp.  Who WANTS to think of such things?  

Not me, anyway.  Which is why I'm hiding in the crew shack, typing on this computer.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LurkerA ratzilla is a huge rodent that vaguely resembles a rotweiller crossed with Spiro Agnew.  

Ugh.  Don't SAY such things.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

/o\

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: All rights reservedthis was  8) !

Thank you.

LMNO

To steal from Horab,

W00t, my friend.

W00t.