News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

grah...

Started by The Meringue, March 16, 2005, 11:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Meringue

The sheer mechanics of the consciousness raising of the entire world are far greater than any one of you could ever pessimise.

I think death is preferable.
The Meringue: Made from fluffy white eggs, yet hard and crunchy, like nails down a lackboard on your teeth, how can something so airy be so confusing?

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: The MeringueThe sheer mechanics of the consciousness raising of the entire world are far greater than any one of you could ever pessimise.

It can be arranged easily.

You want some cheese with that whine?
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

The Meringue

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSC
Quote from: The MeringueThe sheer mechanics of the consciousness raising of the entire world are far greater than any one of you could ever pessimise.

kids one third my age are fucking each other and getting drunk and we still continue to live our lives blissfully ignorant of the decay of the social world around us, and it seems to me that all the most of you want to do is sit around and make jokes about it. and I'm sure you'd love to make jokes about my saying that you'd gladly sit and make jokes about someone in the throes of an easily preventable death because you're "discordian" and "free from constraint." An upturned jug of water does not a buddha make. You're walking farces and eris laughs at you not with you.
The Meringue: Made from fluffy white eggs, yet hard and crunchy, like nails down a lackboard on your teeth, how can something so airy be so confusing?

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: The Meringue

kids one third my age are fucking each other and getting drunk and we still continue to live our lives blissfully ignorant of the decay of the social world around us, and it seems to me that all the most of you want to do is sit around and make jokes about it. and I'm sure you'd love to make jokes about my saying that you'd gladly sit and make jokes about someone in the throes of an easily preventable death because you're "discordian" and "free from constraint." An upturned jug of water does not a buddha make. You're walking farces and eris laughs at you not with you.

It's all good. Eris laughs. That's it. If you want meaning for the shit, go to the local Walmart. I hear they have a sale on meaning this week.

Horab Fibslager

panzee.
Hell is other people.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

That's what I am saying.

The Meringue

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCIt's all good. Eris laughs. That's it. If you want meaning for the shit, go to the local Walmart. I hear they have a sale on meaning this week.

Well, no meaning, what are you doing sitting in a house, what are you doing with a conscious brain? Just go out and get stoned all the fucking time. Life is imbued with meaning, and that imbued meaning has an import for us, as individuals and even as a whole. And not even you of all people understand that.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCIt's all good. Eris laughs. That's it. If you want meaning for the shit, go to the local Walmart. I hear they have a sale on meaning this week.

Well, no meaning, what are you doing sitting in a house, what are you doing with a conscious brain? Just go out and get stoned all the fucking time. Life is imbued with meaning, and that imbued meaning has an import for us, as individuals and even as a whole. And not even you of all people understand that.

Heh. Meaning is simply a function of the human brain. You want to start talking about appreciating life? Start by not confusing it with your emo dramas and crap about 'meaning/meaninglessness'. Learn to tell the difference between reality and the way you feel about it.

The_Meringue

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCHeh. Meaning is simply a function of the human brain. You want to start talking about appreciating life? Start by not confusing it with your emo dramas and crap about 'meaning/meaninglessness'. Learn to tell the difference between reality and the way you feel about it.

Reality as it is, without any kids of human value is nothing more than hairless apes and nothing matters because it's all relative to conscious seeing percieving minds. Society and everything is a mental concoction built around meaning. So you tell me, what's nothing more than emo dramas? The human world is nothing but emo dramas. take it all away and you're a vegetable, not some spiritual paragon.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: The_Meringue
Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCHeh. Meaning is simply a function of the human brain. You want to start talking about appreciating life? Start by not confusing it with your emo dramas and crap about 'meaning/meaninglessness'. Learn to tell the difference between reality and the way you feel about it.

Reality as it is, without any kids of human value is nothing more than hairless apes and nothing matters because it's all relative to conscious seeing percieving minds. Society and everything is a mental concoction built around meaning. So you tell me, what's nothing more than emo dramas? The human world is nothing but emo dramas. take it all away and you're a vegetable, not some spiritual paragon.

Nope. Take it all away and you are just a person...not some fucking immortal human being who thinks he has a right to live on forever and ever because god said so....just a person who lives and dies. you want spiritual paragons, look to the moss underneath the rock. Because that is what spirituality will turn you into.

The_meringue

Nope. Take it all away and you are just a person...not some fucking immortal human being who thinks he has a right to live on forever and ever because god said so....just a person who lives and dies. you want spiritual paragons, look to the moss underneath the rock. Because that is what spirituality will turn you into.

Who every said anything about immortality? So I'm not comfortable with the idea of my entire race coming and going, or with billions of people barely seeing the picture before they're dragged out in a puff of heat and light. It takes unease with the way things are to create change, to sustain change. Chaos exists in imbalance don't forget. It's time when we say it's time so if spirituality turns me into a fungal growth which doesn't feel, cogitate, experience and suffer highs and lows then shoot me now.

Unless (and I hope) we're crossing wires here.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: The_meringue

Who every said anything about immortality? So I'm not comfortable with the idea of my entire race coming and going, or with billions of people barely seeing the picture before they're dragged out in a puff of heat and light. It takes unease with the way things are to create change, to sustain change. Chaos exists in imbalance don't forget. It's time when we say it's time so if spirituality turns me into a fungal growth which doesn't feel, cogitate, experience and suffer highs and lows then shoot me now.

There really is nothing more to it. We live and we die. No mysteries in the skies. No big white man who is checking his list. No astral bodies and no psychic dimensions. It's all right here right now. If not, nothing would be at all at anytime or in anyplace.

The Meringue

Quote from: The_meringue

There really is nothing more to it. We live and we die. No mysteries in the skies. No big white man who is checking his list. No astral bodies and no psychic dimensions. It's all right here right now. If not, nothing would be at all at anytime or in anyplace.

I'm not disputing that, I'm not looking for meaning here. I don't want a white coated man checking a list or astral bodies in a big bubble chamber, the cosmic engine is a myth and I've said that time and again.
If nothing is true and all things are permitted then what do we do when we go to work? when we operate our engine lathe? Consider all the events that have come before our present moment when we hop on a train, who forged the steel for the wheels? who machined them? what possessed the person at the ticket office to become a public servant, did they even want to?
Something's going on in reality, even if it's not laced with emotional content something's going on, and I can't just sit back and be content to say it's just hairless apes running in circles, hairless apes and pointless activities or not, something's happening. and you can only afford to take the perspective of ultimate relativism when you are a hairless ape who's well fed and safe.
If it's all relative then is it OK to go around killing and maiming. Yes. it is. But does it get you the things you want? only so long as you're at the top of the pile. odds are one day you'll be like the old head gorilla, beaten by a younger, more fit male and relegated to the outer fringes of the marriage group. If you want to ensure your lavish lifestyle and that it continues beyond the point of your fitness for the top of the heap then you must ensure that as many people as possible have what they need and want.

Ghost In The Machine

kids one third my age are fucking each other and getting drunk and we still continue to live our lives blissfully ignorant of the decay of the social world around us, and it seems to me that all the most of you want to do is sit around and make jokes about it.

Explain the part that's new.

The Meringue

Quote from: Ghost In The Machine

kids one third my age are fucking each other and getting drunk and we still continue to live our lives blissfully ignorant of the decay of the social world around us, and it seems to me that all the most of you want to do is sit around and make jokes about it.

Explain the part that's new.

it's the difference between seeing refugees on TV and being one, being as how I'm going to be a father some time soon, I'm seeing it with fresh eyes, and it scares the shit out of me.