News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Presidents say stupid things

Started by Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy, March 17, 2005, 05:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is stupider

Reagan:  "I don't recall"  Iran-Contra hearings
0 (0%)
Nixon:  "I am not a crook"  upon resignation
0 (0%)
Clinton:  "I did not have sexual realtions with that woman"  Grand Jury Inquiry
0 (0%)
George W Bush: "I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves."
6 (31.6%)
George W Bush: "You're free. And freedom is beautiful. And, you know, it'll take time to restore chaos and order—order out of chaos. But we will."
2 (10.5%)
George W Bush: "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
7 (36.8%)
John F Kennedy:  "Ich Bin Ein Berliner"
4 (21.1%)
Jimmy Carter:  "I've committed adultery in my heart many times" PlayBoy interview
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: March 17, 2005, 05:02:16 PM

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: Bathory's Sainthood
Quote from: Big Cat FelixClinton?  He made us RICH.  I like living in a rich ass country.

what?

the only people that Bill CLinton made rich were himself, his shitbag wife, and anyone who partnered with him in any of his uber-shady land deals...

8)

Jesus Christ.  You've forgotten the 90s, already?

I mean, except for the Sean Hannity/Ann Coulter version.

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: LMNO
Quote from: Bathory's Sainthoodwho said anything about Cheney? he's as big a shitbag slimeball as ever walked, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that he didn't have Vince Foster murdered to keep him quite about the Whitewater deal.

what I'm saying is, Zell Miller is an irrelevant dinosaur, but Hillary oughtta scare the shit out of everyone in this country.

8)

You gotta be kidding me.... You bought into that?

Surprised me, too.  He seemed so intelligent.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Ghost In The Machine
Quote from: Big Cat FelixClinton?  He made us RICH.  I like living in a rich ass country.

what?

the only people that Bill CLinton made rich were himself, his shitbag wife, and anyone who partnered with him in any of his uber-shady land deals...

8)

of course not...hell, I lived in Seattle that whole decade...I saw kids I went to high school with become overnight millionaires off of their stock options...of course, a few years later I saw them get ther condos and Jaguars repo'd once those stocks became worthless...anyway, to give Bill Clinton the credit for the wealth created during the 90's tech boom would be like giving Teddy Roosevelt credit for the mass production and distribution of the automobile...just cuz it happened while he was in charge doesn't mean he had anything to do with it...

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: Ghost In The Machine

what?

8)

of course not...hell, I lived in Seattle that whole decade...I saw kids I went to high school with become overnight millionaires off of their stock options...of course, a few years later I saw them get ther condos and Jaguars repo'd once those stocks became worthless...anyway, to give Bill Clinton the credit for the wealth created during the 90's tech boom would be like giving Teddy Roosevelt credit for the mass production and distribution of the automobile...just cuz it happened while he was in charge doesn't mean he had anything to do with it...

8)

You can't be this naive.  The boom of the 90s was primarily felt at the working-class level.  Why do I give a shit about some 22 year old going boom and then bust?  I'm talking employment levels, median income, and standard of living.

As far as the president having "nothing to do with it", I suggest you spend more time looking into the economic initiatives that laid the groundwork (infrastructure, etc), and less time looking into the pages of the National Review..

I hope to God you're trolling.

LMNO

Bathory's Misanthropy knows no bounds!

B_M_W

The last good pres we had was FDR and that was 70 years ago. Hopefully this will change soon.

I still think Feingold/McCain 2008.

~Yurito Sakari~

The Hopeful Wannabe Buddhist Monk
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

East Coast Hustle

you guys never cease to amaze me...I attack a pseudo-liberal "centrist" shitbag sleazeball carpetbagging potential presidential candidate, and I defend Nixon's foreign policy record, and the most intelligent thing you can think of to say is to call me VoT? come on...you all know better than that anyway, and frankly, I find your inability to put aside party politics and deal directly with the issues and people involved a little sad...I didn't realize that liberals were automatically paragons of virtue and conservatives were automatically the devil incarnate...but then, I prefer to base my political opinions and decisions on the facts at hand and not some broad, overreaching label that is frequently misapplied by lazy journalists and opportunistic campaign managers...

basically, I thought we were supposed to be the ones who weren't the sheep.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Anonymous

LMNO

Sorry about that, Bath.

So, you're saying Hillary is a opportunist crook.... Unlike all the other potential nominees...

I guess I don't see why your vitriol is so specific in this case.

gnimbley

Bah humbug.

They are all opportunistic crooks. I find it hard to believe that you all
buy one brand of bullshit and reject the others. Bullshit smells the
same, and, yes, it makes the flowers grow. But only for the approved
flower vendors. The ones with the current license to exploit your ass.

Anonymous

I don't really have much hope in a cannidate who didn't figure out her husband had oral sex with another woman in the white house until he proclaimed it on television. Sounds a little blind to me. Just sayin'.

~Yurito Sakari~

The Wannabe Buddhist Monk

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

I do agree with Turd McFerguson Stabby Bath Pants, Nixon did a lot with foreign relations.  Whether it will end up being an actual good thing or whether his motives were good or whether good is a definable term are all up for debate.  

Hillary Clinton's biggest problem, IMHO, is that she did overtly what many first ladies did covertly.  It should be pretty obvious that Bill didn't fall in love with her for her body, she is smart.  I don't think she is as crooked as some, but neither do I think she has never done anything wrong.

Cain

Quote from: AnonymousI don't really have much hope in a cannidate who didn't figure out her husband had oral sex with another woman in the white house until he proclaimed it on television. Sounds a little blind to me. Just sayin'.

~Yurito Sakari~

The Wannabe Buddhist Monk

She did, but her political ambitions overruled such things.

Anonymous

I still can't respect a woman who would stay with such a ass. Wholy Chao, I mean, he fucking got fetallio in the oval office from 1+ females. WTF was she thinking? I would have dropped him like that for such a thing, especially when he lied about it then took it back and said he did it on television later!

WTF indeed.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: AnonymousI still can't respect a woman who would stay with such a ass. Wholy Chao, I mean, he fucking got fetallio in the oval office from 1+ females. WTF was she thinking? I would have dropped him like that for such a thing, especially when he lied about it then took it back and said he did it on television later!

WTF indeed.
So would I, there is no way in hell I would put up with that crap, but I am not married to a politician and I have no political amibitions myself.  That has to influence a lot of her decisions.  Why people do or do not stay married is none of my business just as my marriage is none of theirs.