News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Roger has a point about the pie and cookies

Started by Cain, March 19, 2005, 04:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: EraPassing
Quote from: Scribe
I only did it in the vain hope that Roger may stop his cookie and pie trip he currently is on.

Don't worry, Scribe, the fact that you started the thread is the only reason I opened it.
It degenerated from there.

P.S.  I like Rog's trips.

Sorry about that, I just felt it may stop every thread being filled with Rogers pies, cookies and *shudder* Unicorn.  If you havent seen it, well....its indescribable really.  Rog can have some very interesting trips on occasion, its true.

Ghost In The Machine

I only did it in the vain hope that Roger may stop his cookie and pie trip he currently is on.

Don't worry, Scribe, the fact that you started the thread is the only reason I opened it.
It degenerated from there.

P.S.  I like Rog's trips.

Sorry about that, I just felt it may stop every thread being filled with Rogers pies, cookies and *shudder* Unicorn.  If you havent seen it, well....its indescribable really.  Rog can have some very interesting trips on occasion, its true.

I have bad dreams about that emoticon.

East Coast Hustle

*is still not 100% convinced that YUO =/= ROGER*

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: Bathory's Sainthood*is still not 100% convinced that YUO =/= ROGER*

8)

Okay.  ::shrug::

Hoshiko

Quote from: EraPassingSure, and I'll even use small words:

This thread was a waste of time.  From now on, I'll just scan the icons and make sure I'm not reading posts made by anyone that I already know has nothing worthwhile to say.

"Worthwhile" wasn't too big a word, was it?  I mean, I know it has a lot of letters and stuff...

EraPassing,
Is tired of reading bullshit.

Thank you so much for this enlightening post. It added so much to the conversation.

I've yet to see you do something even remotely "worthwhile". If you're tired of reading bullshit, then post something good yourself. Or would that ruin your pointlessly critical intellectual elite schtick?
Making people sorry they asked since 1983.

She got the speakers in the trunk
With the bass on crunk.

East Coast Hustle

*grabs a lawn chair*

*makes some popcorn*

*grabs a cold 6-pack*

*waits*

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

EraPassing

Quote from: Hoshiko
Thank you so much for this enlightening post. It added so much to the conversation.
You're welcome.

QuoteI've yet to see you do something even remotely "worthwhile".
Where've you been?  I've engaged in several debates on this board.  I haven't had much to say lately, of course, but that's because there's been nothing to say.  I totally empathize with Rog's pie and cookie rant.

QuoteIf you're tired of reading bullshit, then post something good yourself. Or would that ruin your pointlessly critical intellectual elite schtick?
Lately I've been refraining from talking much on the board because there's nothing to say.  Except today, when I got fed up.
And guess what?  As you've pointed out to me in the past, it's an open forum.  That means I get to make whatever comments I want to and there's dick-all you can do about it.  Same as everyone else on this board.
How you like them cookies?
Elves suck.
Yeah, I said it, I went there.  Whatcha gonna do?

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: Hoshiko
You're welcome.

QuoteI've yet to see you do something even remotely "worthwhile".
Where've you been?  I've engaged in several debates on this board.  I haven't had much to say lately, of course, but that's because there's been nothing to say.  I totally empathize with Rog's pie and cookie rant.

QuoteIf you're tired of reading bullshit, then post something good yourself. Or would that ruin your pointlessly critical intellectual elite schtick?
Lately I've been refraining from talking much on the board because there's nothing to say.  Except today, when I got fed up.
And guess what?  As you've pointed out to me in the past, it's an open forum.  That means I get to make whatever comments I want to and there's dick-all you can do about it.  Same as everyone else on this board.
How you like them cookies?
I think you missed Hoshi's point.  Correct me if I am wrong Hoshi, but I think you meant that Era argues a lot, debates a lot, but does not necessarily have any great insights, even though she thinks she does.  Era, I have seen you argue for days about something, never adding anything new, just to argue.  To me, cookies and pies for the sake of fun is better than arguing for the sake of arguing.  After everyone has made their point, it doesn't make sense to keep saying the same things over and over

PS I wasn't going to say anything, I was going to let it go, but I had to answer out in the open, I have seen how nasty you get when you think people are talking about you behind your back :roll:

COOKIES AND PIE FOR ALLLLLL!!!!!1111

Hoshiko

I like cookies a lot, thanks.

You've engaged in several debates. Bully for you. Engaging in debates is not the same thing as writing things of substence and value and putting your views out there in the form of original posts. Commenting is easier than originating. I'm well aware that I tend to fall into the "will debate for cred" category if I'm not careful, so I try to avoid criticizing those who have the guts to write rants, epistles, original thoughts, etc.

And if I do, I make damn sure I have a good reason for doing so beyond a sense of entitlement and boredom.

Quotethat's because there's been nothing to say. I totally empathize with Rog's pie and cookie rant.

Not true. We've all managed to say quite a bit without your imput. I'm sorry if it's not quite up to your lofty standards.

We've BEEN through the cookie and pie thing. Roger's rant was repetitive. He might feel that it's not the right path for him, but he (and others) keep using it as an excuse to attack people and I'm getting damn sick of it. I thought his recent cookie and pie persona was amusing and I got the intent behind it. I've seen a lot of improvement lately in how people approach this debate and I was liking the progress, until certain people feel the need to go over the same hashed-over ground again and again.

If there's a reason this board is deteriorating (which is yet to be proven to my satisfaction), it's because of people being LAZY and using cookie and pie rants as an excuse to nitpick and sit on their asses. Don't like cookie and pie? Drown it out with substence. But pointless bitching over the same, tired points gets us nowhere, and it's a million times worse than what you're railing against.

QuoteAs you've pointed out to me in the past, it's an open forum. That means I get to make whatever comments I want to and there's dick-all you can do about it. Same as everyone else on this board.

Oh, I know that. I wouldn't have it any other way. But your comment was a direct insult to me and those who posted to this thread, most of which have contributed more in the past 3 months than I've seen you contribute in a year. I had no beef with you prior to this, and I don't know why you insist on acting as though we're all against you. You only hurt yourself.

I think I've been very patient and nice about this in the past, and I don't talk shit for fun. But it's posts like yours that hurt this board more than cookies and pie ever will.

Do you need a hug? Is that what this is?
Making people sorry they asked since 1983.

She got the speakers in the trunk
With the bass on crunk.

Horab Fibslager

and dniether do i hoshi.

but i don't fell no pain, i don';t have   no pain   , i don have    no time

for conflicting points of view!

quoted from some dumb fucker who overdosed on heroin.
Hell is other people.

LMNO

Didn't I cover this in one of my Epistles?

Perhaps my metaphores wee too Obtuse.  my bad.

Horab Fibslager

i thought they were too acute. a man can die from too much cutness.

i'll take a hug.
Hell is other people.

LMNO

Horab Fibslager

Hell is other people.