News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

Consensous Reality

Started by Cain, March 20, 2005, 09:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Took this off another forum, I thought it was very good and so I am posting it here:

Hell yes I "confuse" chaos with freedom and liberty! CHAOS IS FREEDOM. To me, Chaos first and foremost, is warfare against oppressive consensus reality. Because oppressive consensus reality is evil. Its the most evil thing the world has ever known. People talk about the evil of Hitler for instance, how he killed 11 million people, but its their missing the point. Hitler didn't kill those people, CONSENSUS REALITY IN NAZI GERMANY killed those people, through hundreds of thousands of concentration camp employees. In every atrocity, in every cult, in every repressive regime, there exists an established consensus reality that does not permit questioning, and will kill those who do. Take the purges under Stalin. 20 million dead, due to consensus reality. For many of them their only crime was questioning the government. And now like 48% of high school kids in the US think that the government should approve all news stories from a recent survey!
Do you see what I'm saying? I think Hakim Bey is a genius and the ideas are golden, but I can't afford to wear the veneer of a black/criminal mage when the real criminals are standing at podiums anouncing to the masses how "good" they are. It plays right into their hands.

Of course, I dont agree with it totally.  But it is an interesting viewpoint nonetheless.

East Coast Hustle

very interesting.

if you wrote that, good show, but it doesn't sound like your style to me. I hope that you extended the proper invitations to the author.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Quote from: Bathory's Sainthoodvery interesting.

if you wrote that, good show, but it doesn't sound like your style to me. I hope that you extended the proper invitations to the author.

8)

But of course.  The author gave me his permission. And I thought it a worthy viewpoint.  I may build on it myself when I get the time.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

QuoteCONSENSUS REALITY IN NAZI GERMANY killed those people, through hundreds of thousands of concentration camp employees. In every atrocity, in every cult, in every repressive regime, there exists an established consensus reality that does not permit questioning, and will kill those who do.

Thanks Scribe, this is the point I was trying to make the other day.  And I have tried to make the point that this has happened several times in the last 100 years.

East Coast Hustle

I've got $5 says it's less than 2 years from happening again.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Horab Fibslager

LIARS! nwo you msut all wear this badge so as too be easily identified as un-norms. you will also have to register with your local registrar, and report any travel plans outside of the municipility in which you currently reside.
Hell is other people.

Zurtok Khan

Hrrm, is it the most evil thing?  No.  Can it be the most destructive thing?  Yes.  

We all make our own realities, any society creates it's own consensus realities.  Good, bad, or ugly?  No, no, and no.  It's how we opperate as humans most of the time.  Sure, there are some (maybe me, but most probably not) that work outside of the consensus and bring about a changes.

You are the only one that needs to concede to your own reality.  People who attempt to use others to ratify themselves are simply insecure bastards (and all resistance is futile dammit!), just like everyone other human on the planet.

Hrrm.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy
QuoteCONSENSUS REALITY IN NAZI GERMANY killed those people, through hundreds of thousands of concentration camp employees. In every atrocity, in every cult, in every repressive regime, there exists an established consensus reality that does not permit questioning, and will kill those who do.

Thanks Scribe, this is the point I was trying to make the other day.  And I have tried to make the point that this has happened several times in the last 100 years.

Yeah. We need to smash the filthy thing.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"