News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

ATTN: The Mgt...Big brother PWNS you.

Started by Ghost In The Machine, March 30, 2005, 03:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost In The Machine

http://www.acsblog.org/

In March, FEC Chairman Bradley Smith suggested the FEC might crackdown on blogging activities as political contributions. Following Smith's comments, the FEC released a draft of their proposal that proposed that political websites that are not password protected and read by more than 500 people a month should be regulated by the FEC. Nothing creates a firestorm faster than suggesting that bloggers might lose some of their rights. CNET reports that the March proposal was radically altered because of the, "the unusual public outcry that followed a public alarm that Commissioner Bradley Smith sounded about a pending government crackdown on bloggers. After Smith's warning, an army of bloggers mobilized to oppose intrusive regulations and prominent members of Congress warned the commission not to be overly aggressive." Redstate.org's Mike Krempasky said, "If the March 10 draft had gone into effect, it would have been bloggers with pitchforks and torches storming the Federal Election Commission at 999 E St." (Click here for ACSblog's coverage of Sen. Feingold's comments on the original draft proposal).

One political thread makes a board political, by the way...and there is no objective standard as to what is, or is not, political.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

It was nice knowing you, GITM.

I think the Mgt. will destroy you soon.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCIt was nice knowing you, GITM.

If the FEC doesn't get her first.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Ghost In The Machine

They won't.

Eris grants the Mgt. pwnage over all.

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSC
Quote from: Ghost In The Machine

They won't.

Eris grants the Mgt. pwnage over all.

Okay.  Now, shouldn't you be spamming threads?

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCNope. Today is threadjack day.

So I see.

LMNO

Actually, I would love to see the FEC try to enforce that, if it ever came into existence...  Imagine, hordes of 'Net geeks, swarming every available public forum they can find, swamping them with political content...

The movie Hackers sucked ass, but it did have that "you can't stop allof us" moral.

East Coast Hustle

Hackers wasn't great, but as nascent cyberpunk movies go, it was made infinitely better by a total lack of Keanu Reeves.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

... and brightened by a young, unpretentious Angelina Jolie

...Well, less pretentious, anyway.

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

Should add this to things to fuel my persecution fantasies.
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCEris grants the Mgt. pwnage over all.

I always kind of assumed that Eris WAS The Mgt.
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

Malaul

Quote from: LMNO... and brightened by a young, unpretentious Angelina Jolie

...Well, less pretentious, anyway.
dont forget naked under her jacket as well

I love that scene
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Zurtok Khan

Angelina Jolee is the only woman I would ever fuck.  She is totally beyond hot.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Great Teacher Largo

Quote from: Saint Zurtok Ah.D.Angelina Jolee is the only woman I would ever fuck.  She is totally beyond hot.

Ever seen a picture of Utada Hikaru?
"Any sufficiently tentacled spheroid is indistinguishable from the Great Cthulhu." -- Watashi

"Never attribute to Cthulhu what can adequately be explained by Dagon." -- Miskatonic Razor

"Everything but Sterility can be inherited.  None of your direct ancestors died childless." -- Red Queen

Note to filmmakers of the future: bad dialog leads to anger, bad directing leads to hatred, shallow action sequences lead to suffering. Farming out a movie to a corporation of computer animators is a path to the dark side of filmmaking.

High Inquisitor of the LMNO Society of Discordians (LSD)

It is dark.  You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

This Poster is Owned and Operated by the Frobozz Magic Co., Ltd.