News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

NAFR Sermon 17: The LAST ONE

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, April 11, 2005, 10:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Sermon on Eristicism 17:
The Last Sermon; in which the highest secret of Erisianism is revealed for a limited time only.

"C?©n f?°th a bh??m ag radaireacht i gc??na?? faoi rud?"

"Bramm hep trouz na c'hwezh a zo labour difrouez!"
(Flatulence without force or noise is useless.)

-Ancient Breton Proverb

"If you ranted all that crap like Irreverend Hugh, you'd have phage days more often too.
-St. Kallista (something I overheard)

QuoteAs noted in Sermon 16, this is the last sermon. I feel that the days of posting rants and sermons to the PD forums is over. Roger and Trollax, two of the most prolific writers posting here, have chickened away in a fit of insanity or some private line of bullshit either Eris or Bob is feeding them. The vast majority of my sermons (and the rants which preceded them) were written for my home cabal first and then shared with those of you on the forums. Now I must move on to other Erisian evangelical activities. Perhaps some day in the distant future, I will decide to post sermons and/or rants again. No one should hold their breath. But do know that I will continue to preach Erisianism wherever I find it useful IRL, but only if I can wear a silly hat.

Yeah, we know you. You know you. I know you. You're the one who says "this is not about me" or "you have it all wrong." And that's precisely because it IS you we are talking about. We have it all, or mostly, right. We are the ones who fly high on supercharged Erisianism and constantly invite you along, remembering Our Goddess and The Original Snub. We sometimes toss Golden Apples your way because you are our sisters and brothers. No harm in that, at least in our intentions.

Have you taken a good look at the world around you recently? It seems that, much like in the latter sixties and early seventies, some of the youth are NOT doing as they are told. A lot of them are rejecting the pre-fabbed expectations to just fit in. In the USA, for every willing recruit into the Armed Forces, it seems there are two or three new converts to anarchism or whatever the hell people call it to excuse their behavior these days. But that's no sign of health or improvement. For every convert to the religion of anarchism (about as superstitious in its visions as any other religion) there are several dozen converts to the cult of the mall rat. I would venture that a good deal of the anarchists are mall rats. But don't be so hard on them. What else could be expected?

Everyone seems to want to wave a flag, even if it's the flag of anarchy. Everyone seems to want to have a belief to take away all the scary parts of life, even if it's the belief of no beliefs. Everyone wants to be a part of some group, even if the group alleges that it is an 'ungroup', especially if the group lets one maintain the illusions of weirdness that many normal people seem to be obsessed with. It is a damned shame that people get caught up in defending this or that identity or this or that label and forget the simple naked truth that true identity or uniqueness is destroyed by asserting it. This seems counter-intuitive because everyone around us appears to have bought into the whole 'assertion of identity' habit. But it's simply a trap. A trick of the market researchers who know exactly what to make you think in order to get you to buy more of what they want to sell you.

Even then, don't blame them or despair over the situation. Simply watch the spectacle and contribute something to the din, if you wish. Rest assured that Eris is fucking them (the so-called normals) over just as surely as She has duped you into becoming Discordian.

There.

I have just told you the secret only known by the highest 23rd level Discordians, the sort of people who could pull off things like the Horrible Police Prank of this past January...the sort of people who years ago listened to my fevered rambling lines of urban concrete cracked poetry and formed a cabal around those twisted thoughts and installed me as the misdirector. It was all a trick to get me to LEARN. And learn I did. What do I ask of you for revealing such a secret (see a few sentences previous, for those of you with A.D.D.) when you don't even know the secret handshake? Nothing except praise for Eris and perhaps your willingness to continue to Take No Shit from others and to keep your mind working. Even so, I could be lying.

Had I known about what I now know, perhaps I would have read self-help books instead of allowing myself to be persuaded into misdirecting the cabal. Perhaps, but the offers of tequila I have received and still receive for doing such a thing, is something to be taken into account. And it really is a lot more fun to LEARN this way anyway. Therein lays another occult secret that will astonish you when you begin to figure it out.

That said.

I have a few more words to say to you before I get down off this soapbox.

Many of you have convinced yourselves that being Discordian is a useful excuse to avoid intelligence or to avoid any sort of searching whatsoever. Well...you are right. It is a useful excuse. But you are wrong to do so as experiments have shown that even those who use Discordianism as an excuse for stupidity or even as a pretty label are in the very real danger of blowing their minds out through their noses like so much snot. Or having their minds blown by someone or something else. In any event I encourage more of the same behavior. It may be dangerous, but only to those with huge egos. And it can only help to spread the memes brought to us by Our Lady. (If you think I have just contradicted myself, you have only gotten half of the message.)

As long as you are in no danger of falling into the toilet, you are doing okay. So push away all those depressing angsty whining thoughts about what a fuckpit this world is. We all know it can be a fuckpit and a miserable hellhole populated with some uncaring people. (By all gods! Look at the leaders of the USA for evidence of this.) But there are people who do care, if you'd only take the time out to stop your drivel and look for them. And the world being what it is, is simply what it is, with no regard for whatever label you are giving it at any given moment.

Or you can simply forget you ever heard or read this. In fact, just forget everything.

-Irreverend Hugh, KSC

[april.7.2005]
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Guido Finucci

As luck would have it, I have a few shots of El Jimador sitting in my cupboard.

I may not have always said so but you've certainly distracted me down an interesting cul-de-sac of thought, or two, in the time I've been reading this drivel.

So, here's a shot to you Hugh, and my thanks for the bits that made my quotes file and the bits that spun my world.

<drinks>

Burning Trees

Great!

As soon as I get here, all the raving insanity is finished.

I shall read some of the rest of this and Roger's stuff. Perhaps I will become a preacher of some sort.
Someone should give you an award.

Ben

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCIt is a damned shame that people get caught up in defending this or that identity or this or that label and forget the simple naked truth that true identity or uniqueness is destroyed by asserting it.  But there are people who do care, if you'd only take the time out to stop your drivel and look for them.
Question: how do we get to know the people who actually care if they don't assert themselves, and if they assert themselves, how are they destroyed?  Face raping bats?  Sounds like a catch 23 to me.

LMNO

::hands Hugh a bottle of tequila::

It'll be sad not to read you anymore, Hugh.  If you  really do stop posting NAFRs, the boards will be a lesser place.

But we shall soldier on.  I will not let these forums sink to fucktards.

agent compassion

Amen to that...

Besides, the trolls make even me look good...

Perhaps we should have a garden here too, because all the shit the trolls spew would go to waste otherwise.

:D

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

LMNO

Maybe we could set up some Public Gardens somewhere around here...

::ponders::

agent compassion

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Great Teacher Largo

Quote from: agent compassionAmen to that...

Besides, the trolls make even me look good...

Perhaps we should have a garden here too, because all the shit the trolls spew would go to waste otherwise.

:D

Bullshit makes the flowers grow, and that's beautiful.

People should remember that.
"Any sufficiently tentacled spheroid is indistinguishable from the Great Cthulhu." -- Watashi

"Never attribute to Cthulhu what can adequately be explained by Dagon." -- Miskatonic Razor

"Everything but Sterility can be inherited.  None of your direct ancestors died childless." -- Red Queen

Note to filmmakers of the future: bad dialog leads to anger, bad directing leads to hatred, shallow action sequences lead to suffering. Farming out a movie to a corporation of computer animators is a path to the dark side of filmmaking.

High Inquisitor of the LMNO Society of Discordians (LSD)

It is dark.  You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

This Poster is Owned and Operated by the Frobozz Magic Co., Ltd.

beholderofI

QuoteAnd it really is a lot more fun to LEARN this way anyway

It's cruel to be kind,
It's better on your own,
When you manage to find,
an ecstatic moan,
without guiding hand,
or having planned.

QuoteA way that can be walked
Is not the way
A name that can be named
is not The Name

Tao is both Named and Nameless
As Nameless, it is the origin of all things
As Named, it is the mother of all things

A mind free of thought,
merged within itself,
beholds the essence of Tao
A mind filled with thought,
identified with its own perceptions,
beholds the mere forms of this world

QuoteQuestion: how do we get to know the people who actually care if they don't assert themselves, and if they assert themselves, how are they destroyed? Face raping bats? Sounds like a catch 23 to me.

As (I think) Maimonides said, there are several reasons why an author will have seeming contradictions in their work. He named seven.
The gleeful zen of master wu taught me what I must do: sit atop the highest mountain spewing forth like a fountain

DISCLAIMER

Don't treat people like shit

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Thanks, Hugh.  You have reminded me why I do not brag about my exploits, and why I do not always think of them as exploits.  Also why I do not like categories.  Sometimes I feel like I fit in here, sometimes I don't.  I guess that's a good thing.  I know I do not fit anywhere else.  I can pass as a lot of things.  I can put on a particular outfit and play a particular part and hang out with lots of different people.  

I don't fit in with the xians, I don't believe Christ died for our sins, I think he was here to show us what love and compassion look like.  And to show us that we should not always follow leaders.  And they crucified him for it.  And that is what people focus on, his death and resurrection.

Then there's the various pagan/wiccan/druidic whatever groups.  Too much pomp and circumstance and ritual crap.  If I want to do something, I light a candle and/or incense and turn my focus inward.  If I wanted all that complicated stuff, I would go to Catholic Mass.  Some people think that stuff is great and I guess it is for them, but it's not for me.  

I think part of Hugh's rant is a passing of a torch.  It is time for the rest of us to get our shit together.  Those of us who can write need to start doing rants.  And those of us who think we can write need to try it and see of we can get better.  And we will all have to put up with some bizarre ramblings in the mean time.  Thanks Hugh for sharing with us all the bizarro stuff that is hiding behind the spider webs in your mind, it was very entertaining and at least a little enlightening.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyThanks, Hugh.  You have reminded me why I do not brag about my exploits, and why I do not always think of them as exploits.  Also why I do not like categories.  Sometimes I feel like I fit in here, sometimes I don't.  I guess that's a good thing.  I know I do not fit anywhere else.  I can pass as a lot of things.  I can put on a particular outfit and play a particular part and hang out with lots of different people.  

i do notmuch exploti my xploits,. yeha yal 've heared a thingro two but. ihj yeah. no.

i drank afuch uh monte alben's, in remembrance of you  wether otr nto youget he mystricla bnullshit meanign of that(and ou oughta, it's as old as solomin, and then some) i also drank in your honour. wretchd junk. i think  iscared the new girl.
Hell is other people.

Zurtok Khan

How terribly anti-climatic, Hugh, my dear.  I am quite sad that you will no longer be around to spoon feed me bits of Erisdom every now and again.  I think that, perhaps, I have grown up some, and may have to start sermonizing myself...err, I mean, sermonizing to everyone else.  Sermonizing myself could be deadly painful, besides my Pope is already missing his hood.

That being said Hugh, thanks for the spark.  I think mine is about to light into a bonfire.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Horab Fibslager

if you mis hi sspoonings, you can alwaysh hang on to ym chewables.

Quote from: eriseat my asshole n00bs!

wtf? she;s fuckin  freak, an no i aint eatien her fuckin asshole. that's you r job fuckers.
Hell is other people.

B_M_W

dude, how much did you have to drink this morning? Or is it the new weed you got?

8)
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.