News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

What the fuck are you - A Good Christian Sermon

Started by Zurtok Khan, April 12, 2005, 09:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zurtok Khan

Well?  What are you?  Are you the spark or the bonfire?  Have you even thought about it yet?  Ohh, I get it.  You need more time.  Too fucking bad, decide now.  

You can either choose to be the fly buzzing in someone's ear screaming "mindfuck dammit!" at the top of your lungs, or you can be the ogre laughing because everything went as unplanned as possible, and it was beautiful.

Unplanned.  Yup, that's what I mean.  Eris is not a Goddess of Planning.  She is the Goddess of Unplanning.  Everything little thing you try to plan out in your life, she will fuck up in a blender.  You want 3 kids, a station wagon, and a house with a white picket fence?  Don't bet on it.  The things you plan never had.  It is only the spontenaity that gets through.  Eris might suprise you with how she plays with you.  But, don't forget, even Goddesses need someone to sneak up behind them and poke them in the sides so they jump 10 feet in the air, sometimes.

Back to spontenaity.  This isn't thread-jacking, or trolling, or any of the shit people do around here to be "discordian."  Spontenaity is doing what feels (and I have no other word for this) right.  Not what feels good, or what looks nice, but what feels right.  Now I know what you're going to say, you're going to say that there is no "right" in Discordianism or Erisdom, or whatever the fuck you want to call it.  Grow up.  I'm sure if some motherfucker has his gun to your head you're going to feel wronged, maligned, that somehow the universe is punishing you (it probably is if you're the bastard who I'm...ahem...not writting this to).  And if you somehow manage to kill that motherfucker, you're going to say you had every right to do it.  And you did.  Cause I say so.  Yes, yes, I know, I'm confusing the issue (I'm not), but thats because I haven't gotten to the point yet.  The point is that that veiw of the world (that you had the right to kill the motherfucker), you're viewing as *gasp* RIGHT!  Or maybe you're just thinking that it's "intuitively amenable" or however you want to put it.  

Do I believe that there is a solid foundation of rights and wrongs to be esstablished by some random third party out in the universe?  No, not at all.  But, I think that what increases humanity (you can blow this off as hippy bullshit, I'm over that now), is good and right, and what decreases it is wrong.  Obviously I'm a greyface because I just talked about what I think is right and wrong.  Well, Halle-fuckin-lujah!  Then I'm a greyface, and I love it.

Have fun while Eris's pitbull pisses on your plans, while he's shitting on your head.  Me, I'm going to do what feels right, whenever the fuck I want to.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Horab Fibslager

el oh fuckin el.

wait for my seromns possibly on uh, yeah wu wei and th epath to xanadu. so to say.

or else some kid of bullshit.

as she inspires me, as she often does.
Hell is other people.

Anonymous

Spontainiosity is right. Humans think too much for their own good.

8)

agent compassion

Plans should be like pants: Nice and loose, but still fitting you in some general sense.

That said...I ran into an old friend yesterday. We went to the same community college a few years back, got the same degree. Though I graduated a year ahead of her, I never got myself that "dream design job" that was dangled in front of all us newbies like some kinda cash pinata.

She did.

For a while, I was pissed. How was it that I went on dozens of interviews over the course of 3 years, and never got a nibble, where she just waltzed in and landed a job like that? What was wrong with me? Of course, years of pondering this, working in other jobs and just generally reinventing myself led to the events of the last 2 weeks where I left all that bullshit behind and am starting over. No problem, except for the nagging sense of the road not taken. Wondering if I'm missing out. Wasting my education, etc.

Well, I spent half an hour with this person, and I'm thoroughly convinced that I dodged a bullet back there when I didn't get hired into that world. Because she's miserable, being in her own words a "big corporate bitch." Getting shat on because she "only" has a community college degree, even though she has a portfolio that would make me weep, and tons of experience. So she too is going back to school for something, just as long as it isn't Art.

Effing weird.

8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

CannedLizard

POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

Planning is useful to maximize my overally spontanaity.

I only do what is right because it feels good, or vise versa.
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

Burning Trees

Someone should give you an award.

Cain

Quote from: Chaplin_Sinatra_FonzarellPlanning is useful to maximize my overally spontanaity.

I only do what is right because it feels good, or vise versa.

Wow, I was going to write a rant on something like that soon...