News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

where do you belong

Started by Horab Fibslager, May 13, 2005, 01:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horab Fibslager

anyone remember that part of shrodinger's cat trilogy where there's a dinner aprt with soem scientists a pirate and a buddhist monk and the monk's only purpose in life is to say on eline at the party? and his contentment with the knowlesdge of it being so?

probaly bullshit, but in it lies an important analogy.

you're purpose in life is to be doign whatever it is youv'e done and are doign and will do, whatever that may or may nto be, for better or worse, better or worse often being interchangable depending on perception and theperceptual effect on the observers and so on and so forth, as causlaity bounces in and wave forms turn yoru presense in this existence into a further out reachign wave deal interacting with other wave deals, ebbs and flows and cancel outs an dpeacks and synergetic dynamicty and all that fancy schmancy whatnot.

have faith!

for wether or nto it's a roll of the dice for Her or part of Her masterplan, let us remidn oruselves that in and of itself for now and ever as far as we can be concerned is this life and our existence in it. be content or nto be angry, be happy, be blisful or be however you want to be, or simpyl are, or how others want you, if that's what you want, for even if it is all her fault, adn it's all pre-destiny, then we still ahve the illusion of Free Choice, and so that whatever choice we make is pre-destined, we still are responsible ourselves fo rth echoices, and that's ht eway it is, catch 22 or not, because the catch 22 is an illusion, a philosphical detbate of the mind. which may or may not relate significantly to what is improtant, but that's nto important here. the point is, well i will quote everyone's favourite middle class sammy davis jr loving racist:

Quote from: archie bunkerwhat is is; what will be, will be; what was was

i was at a chinese buffet the other day, a man came up to the buffet at the saem time as me, he said "how
s it goin?" i said not bad, you?" he said, cant' complain, not that it'd matter anyway, because even if they listen they don't really care, and if if they do care, they're nto really listening"

this may or may nto be true, but maybe that was tha tman's purpose in life, to tell me that over a chinese buffet in ogden calgary. i mean fuckin eh eh?
Hell is other people.

The Good Reverend Roger

My purpose in life is to bounce.

And I bounce like a motherfucker.

My purpose in life is to pass startled MBAs at 95MPH on the left shoulder.

My purpose in life is to knock shit over, just to see it fall.

My purpose in life is to troll poor bastards who just want to talk about their cars and their co-dependent ways.

My purpose in life is to grip the sides of my seat helplessly, as Rick giggles his way through another thunderstorm.

My purpose in life is to fix broken shit.

And I fix broken shit like a motherfucker.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: irreversable equationanyone remember that part of shrodinger's cat trilogy where there's a dinner aprt with soem scientists a pirate and a buddhist monk and the monk's only purpose in life is to say on eline at the party? and his contentment with the knowlesdge of it being so?

probaly bullshit, but in it lies an important analogy.

you're purpose in life is to be doign whatever it is youv'e done and are doign and will do, whatever that may or may nto be, for better or worse, better or worse often being interchangable depending on perception and theperceptual effect on the observers and so on and so forth, as causlaity bounces in and wave forms turn yoru presense in this existence into a further out reachign wave deal interacting with other wave deals, ebbs and flows and cancel outs an dpeacks and synergetic dynamicty and all that fancy schmancy whatnot.

have faith!

for wether or nto it's a roll of the dice for Her or part of Her masterplan, let us remidn oruselves that in and of itself for now and ever as far as we can be concerned is this life and our existence in it. be content or nto be angry, be happy, be blisful or be however you want to be, or simpyl are, or how others want you, if that's what you want, for even if it is all her fault, adn it's all pre-destiny, then we still ahve the illusion of Free Choice, and so that whatever choice we make is pre-destined, we still are responsible ourselves fo rth echoices, and that's ht eway it is, catch 22 or not, because the catch 22 is an illusion, a philosphical detbate of the mind. which may or may not relate significantly to what is improtant, but that's nto important here. the point is, well i will quote everyone's favourite middle class sammy davis jr loving racist:

Quote from: archie bunkerwhat is is; what will be, will be; what was was

i was at a chinese buffet the other day, a man came up to the buffet at the saem time as me, he said "how
s it goin?" i said not bad, you?" he said, cant' complain, not that it'd matter anyway, because even if they listen they don't really care, and if if they do care, they're nto really listening"

this may or may nto be true, but maybe that was tha tman's purpose in life, to tell me that over a chinese buffet in ogden calgary. i mean fuckin eh eh?

ps: this is hte clsoest thign i have to an easy answer.

next week-confusion adn the heart of truth.
Hell is other people.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerMy purpose in life is to bounce.

My purpose in life is to troll poor bastards who just want to talk about their cars and their co-dependent ways.

My purpose in life is to grip the sides of my seat helplessly, as Rick giggles his way through another thunderstorm.

My dad does that in his motorhome when he gets nervous.  

In the mountains, Colorado, I think, Driving the motorhome, pulling the Bronco, going through the switchbacks, he starts to giggle.  Then my step mother gets the wine and potato chips, sits down at the 'dining room' table, facing backwards, and closes the curtains.

Are the thunderstorms with Rick scarier than that?  hehehe, that would be a rush indeed  :twisted:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy
Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerMy purpose in life is to bounce.

My dad does that in his motorhome when he gets nervous.  

In the mountains, Colorado, I think, Driving the motorhome, pulling the Bronco, going through the switchbacks, he starts to giggle.  Then my step mother gets the wine and potato chips, sits down at the 'dining room' table, facing backwards, and closes the curtains.

Are the thunderstorms with Rick scarier than that?  hehehe, that would be a rush indeed  :twisted:

Rick does it in a Beech 18, at low-ish altitude, over mountains.

Yeah, it's fun...but it also forces you to re-examine your ways, and what you find to be important.

But that's all over now, I quit the other day.

Again.

TGRR,
Knows he'll go back, eventually.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

agent compassion

My purpose in life is to comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
And possibly take over the world, but I'm pretty lazy.

8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

East Coast Hustle

my purpose in life is probably just to stay constantly amused.

total world domination is just a means to achieve that end.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

agent compassion

Honestly, Turd, I think you'd be better off sticking with pizza. Total world domination SOUNDS like loads of fun, but if you look at the history of anyone who tries it, they all get bogged down in bureacracy, paranoia and other bullshit that resembles work.

Not cool, really.

8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

East Coast Hustle

I don't want to be the emperor/king/whatever.

I just want to be the guy who conquers the world, I don't want to have to administer the world government.

I'd settle for a position as the high commissioner of the new, worldwide National Buzkashi League.

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: T'ai KungI don't want to be the emperor/king/whatever.

I just want to be the guy who conquers the world, I don't want to have to administer the world government.

I'd settle for a position as the high commissioner of the new, worldwide National Buzkashi League.

8)

Well, *I'M* not running the damn thing.

Perhaps you could talk to my good friend and spiritual advisor, Paul Wolfowitz.  He is into that sort of thing.

East Coast Hustle

no, I've already got my emperor picked out.

I think Pauly Shore will do a bang-up job.

8)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: T'ai Kungno, I've already got my emperor picked out.

I think Pauly Shore will do a bang-up job.

8)

Hell, yeah!  He won't DO anything!

agent compassion

Hehe. You do that and I'm leaving the planet, boyo.

8)

East Coast Hustle

suit yourself...lucky for you we'll be making manned explorations to the asteroid belt looking for mineral resources to exploit.

8)