News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

I Want to Change the World - Ranting for the Helluvit

Started by Zurtok Khan, June 04, 2005, 08:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zurtok Khan

This was just unjustifiably weird.  I demand great justice!  I was sitting and watching the movie "The Princess Diaries," a few moments ago with my mother.  While watching it there was a little blip that went across the bottem of the screen that said something to the effect "Come save the world..." with some disney cartoon or whatever.

This had the startling effect of making me think.  I know, a somewhat foriegn expression of the neurons in my head all acting up.  I'm sure I'll be better after the lombotomy.  Well, this thought was, "Why can't I change the world if I want to?"  I know, very cliche.  How dare I!

Of course, I've always wanted to change the world.  Not in the Miss America, "I want to bring world peace." and everyone then applauds way.  I don't really know how to describe it.  I've always wanted to change something, at it's most basic and poignant level.  Not just wanted, ached, and burned, and hungered.  Why can't I change the world?

She's calling out to me, I think.  I don't know where I'm going, but I will change something somewhere along the way.  Or, this burning ache will eat away at me.  Either way.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Zurtok KhanThis was just unjustifiably weird.  I demand great justice! I was sitting and watching the movie "The Princess Diaries"...

I dunno what your rant was about because at this point I lost all interest in ever reading anything you might ever write.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

gnimbley

That's why you miss so much, Turd. You judge too quickly. I saw that
movie in the theatre, with a friend whose girlfriend had her young
child with her and it was the only movie playing they felt comfortable
taking her to that day. So, if I wanted to visit with my friend, I had
to go to the movie. Then we went to Joe's Crab Shack which I don't
recommend unless you are a little kid.

Good luck, Khan. You can do it. Just make you sure to try it first over
there and see if it turns out okay before you try it over here.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: Tomorrow Comes Today
Quote from: Zurtok KhanThis was just unjustifiably weird.  I demand great justice! I was sitting and watching the movie "The Princess Diaries"...

I dunno what your rant was about because at this point I lost all interest in ever reading anything you might ever write.

8)
Turd, I agree with the gnome, you miss a lot.

Zurtok, you are marching to the beat of a different drummer.  Those of us who do that get strange looks and rude comments(see above).  You are

1  On the right track.

2  In good company.

Keep up the good work.  You see things that others do not, the same goes for a lot of us on this board.   Be the best you that you can be, treat people with kindness, fuck with authority and you will change the world, or at least little bits and peices of the corner of it that you inhabit :D

East Coast Hustle

really I was just being snarky.

I read the whole thing, just like I read everything.

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

agent compassion

::tosses Turd a copy of "Ella Enchanted"::

Twisted fairy tales, stabbing, and really bad jokes.

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

East Coast Hustle

I meant that I read his post, not that I read the Princess Diaries.

:roll:

I'm reading a really good children's story right now, as a matter of fact...

It's called "The Prince".

it's by some italian dude...Niccolo something or other....

should probably be required reading for all 4th graders.

8)

agent compassion

QuoteI meant that I read his post, not that I read the Princess Diaries.

Rolling Eyes

I wasn't suggesting that you had, or that you should...

Hell, I certainly haven't.

But I thought you might want to know about a fairy-tale movie that didn't suck. Guess not.

:roll:

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

East Coast Hustle

I appreciate the thought, but it's just really not my cup of tea.

8)

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

Know the feeling, Zurtok. If I ever get a hold of The World, none of you will even fucking recognize it.
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]