News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

My Advanced Creative writing final

Started by Felix, June 10, 2005, 01:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felix

You,ĶYou,Äôre a part of it.  As I stand back to regard the whole atrocity as one I see you as a cog in it, turning gleefully in the knowledge that you,Äôre so vital to it,Äôs real purpose.  It casts a gloomy shadow over the last living flower, blocking out it,Äôs sun with a callous flash of black teeth.  And you,Äôre so stuck in there it never occurred to you that you,Äôre so wrong, such an abomination.  You horrible wretch,Ķ.

The living day-mare of this existence you have carved out for your kind that reeks of a pervasive, profound ignorance and impersonality.  It,Äôs terrifying.  Abominable, yet so resilient to me that I cannot but curse it,Äôs darkness, my candle extinguished by lack of light alone.  Do you even know how many like you it turned to ruin for a little efficiency since you last looked?  I hope so.  This poisonous machine, this rancid ideal.  Nothing good ever came from it.  

The worst part was that it came to exist so quietly, like a thief in the night.  No one thought to question such professional, authoritative stiflement of what it,Äôs creator was born to abhor.  Ironic how something so free and true could allow this.  No, not ironic.  
Not even funny.

I,Äôm stopping by you to tell you all this because I,Äôm so powerless against the higher functions of this machine.  I have to attack the very simplest of cogwheels to go unnoticed, unpersecuted.  

It doesn,Äôt watch you all so hard, you know.  Oh yes, if I were doing this to anything as important as an actual device, I,Äôd be long dead.  You,Äôre so obedient and reliable, so foolish and uninformed you,Äôre not worth the effort to mistrust.  

So there you have it.  You,Äôre going to die with shit in your pants and a curse on your lips because you couldn,Äôt see what was in front of you, killing in front of your face with its eyes on you next.  You,Äôll wear it,Äôs jeans and listen to it,Äôs hip hop because it makes so much sense to do what you,Äôre told.  You,Äôll even extol how great it is to be on it,Äôs side to your last dying breath, because it has you.  It has you dead to rights a total slave to it, because when it told you that you are free you took it for granted that it didn,Äôt expire.  You are free yet, free to eat it,Äôs crap and suck it,Äôs phallus like the deferential sheep you are.  It,Äôs going to eat you whole and you,Äôll smile gratefully like the living dog food you pretend to revile.

As I move on, leaving the obstinate tool behind, I sigh and hold back tears of frustration.  I push down the painful lump of anguish in my throat and collect my strength to keep trying.  To reach just one of them would make it all worthwhile.  To encounter one critically thinking, questioning individual would validate all my efforts, because that would mean it was actually possible to beat it.

LMNO