News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

A Day for Queens

Started by Zurtok Khan, June 13, 2005, 07:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zurtok Khan

The Set-Up

Today was the Day for Queens.  The Utah Pride Festival.  I went, of course, being Bisexual (or am I gay?  Doesn't matter, I've decided that I'm attracted to what I'm attracted to, end of story) it was a fun little romp.

As with any outting there are certain highlights.  But these, instead of highlighting human stupidity, ignorance, and depravity, showed me the other side of human character, kindness and acceptance (the kind of acceptance that comes without even having a full understanding of why these people do these things, you know the really, really nice kind).  Of course, it was a Gay Pride festival, there were protestors.  I believe there were 5 all in all, telling everyone there that God hates them for being gay, but those we'll touch on a bit later.

All doors open for Mr. Lucky

I am Mr. Lucky.  And, while doors don't always go out of their way to open to me, streetlights seem to be quite keen on the idea of letting me through when I want to go through.  My friends and I were in no hurry, but all doors open for Mr. Lucky.  Everything moves in the right time.  This came to light when my friend Robyn told me that she normally has terrible luck getting anywhere, runs into every red light, always.  

So, we get on the train to take us up to the festival.  We get there, and the 3 people I was with (Robyn and her BF Chris, plus Robyn's friend from work whose name I don't recall) all had presale tickets, but I didn't have one due to a miscommunication.  As I tell my friends I am off to buy a ticket, a man comes over and simply hands me a ticket, and tells me that it's, "Courtesy of the Utah AIDS and HIV foundation."  I thank him profusely (he saved me 5 bucks, who can complain?).

What can you do with a girl like Maria?

My good luck really wasn't needed the rest of the day, and after all, without the VanTrap family, What can you do with a girl like Maria?  Set her out to pasture for a bit (she always did like green grassy knolls!).  So, we walk around for a bit, seeing the...sights.  There were the obligatory men walking around in itsy bitsy speedo's that barely covered their much larger parts.  There were the good drag queens and the bad drag queens, and the dykes that you could swear have a "Y" chromosome.  And you look around and think "Anywhere else in this state these people are all considered freaks.  Cool."

We got food, we got icecream.  We watched some guys bump and grind, it was fun.

Thou Shalt Not Eat Shrip

So, we'll touch on the prostestors for a moment.  There was maybe half a dozen of them.  they all had nice large signs, and told everyone there that God hates queers.  Personally, I'm of the opinion that these people are one of two things, Gay but can't admit it, or so filled with hate for themselves that they have to turn such strong hate on other people.  But, I noticed that they were nothing but a minor annoyance.  Everyone was more worried about the rain then the protestors (Drag Queens in the rain = fucking fun to watch!).  

Of course, the Queer folk have their sense of humor.  Someone had the foresight to write a sign that said, "Thou Shalt Not Eat Shrimp," in large happy letters, with a reference to Levitacus where the kosher food laws could be found that condem all Christians to Hell if the Bible is the literal word of God.  Rather fun.

QuoteAnd, your point is?

Well, the way I see it, the universe ain't a bad place.  We see so much human ignorance, we forget to see the intelligence.  We so so much hatred we forget to see the love.  We see so much bigotry we forget to see the acceptance.  If there is a force out there fighting for one, then there is one out there fighting for the other.  

Sometimes the depth of human ignorance doesn't win.  Or maybe I'm just Mr. Lucky.

But, what do I know?  I'm just a Queer Hippy.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

:sniff:
I love you, man.

HIPPIES!!!!!

You make me have hope for humanity.  Some days I love you for it, some days I don't :wink:

Ben

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

OM is so ghey and square and cheezy and whizzy and snappy and.....

fuck it. Let's go bowling and drink tequila!
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Ben

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCOM is so ghey and square and cheezy and whizzy and snappy and.....

fuck it. Let's go bowling and drink tequila!

Can't.  I'm on probation.  Posting cheeze whiz on message boards is the extent of my fun these days.   :evil:
That and whatever else I can get away with, but lots of recovery-type people in this town know me.  I can't be seen drunk.  But hey, if you wanna come to Cali and drink water and watch the grass grow until your eyes implode from the boredom, have at it, pal.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Heh.

No thanks. I'll stay here in the eternally jakeable midwestern city of Chicago. Where the tequila flows freely and the cops fine you two hundred bucks for pissing in the alley.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

LMNO

Moral:  If you're gonna be fined $200, piss in the street, instead.