News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

So you want to be a Viking?

Started by Zurtok Khan, June 23, 2005, 09:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zurtok Khan

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

There's nothing like getting high.  In the middle of no-where.  With a bunch of Viking wannabe's.  Well, besides getting drunk off your ass on some damn good mead along with that.  And, I suppose one ought to include the whole thing about chucking axes, and hammers, and spears.  Did I mention getting drunk off your ass on mead?  Yeah, that was cool.

I went camping, out into that damndable wilderness that gets in the way of all our civilization(tm).  Grr!  There's nothing like sleeping on a couple of large rocks to get one's manly juices flowing.  (Did I mention the mead?)  There's nothing like sleeping on a couple of large rocks on a damn HILL to make you understand chaos...when you wake up and the side of your tent is attempting to become the bottem...well, you know Eris has been visiting you in your sleep.  When you have a 40 minute drive on a dirt road (you call that a road?) that a truck with 4x4 drive has a tad bit of trouble with (mainly having to do with that whole river thing one has to drive in for a bit) you KNOW that this trip is gonna be fun.

But, I didn't get what I thought I'd get.  (Do we ever?)  I got a more then I could've ever hoped for (besides the awesome mead).  I met the nicest people I could ever imagine.  Ever.  I found a group of people that was more of a family to me in 48 then my real family is.  Funny, huh?  I learned what it meant to not only be trusted, but to trust.  Completely.  I learned not just how to give love, to give what I have, but to accept it.  It was one of the greatest experiances I've ever had.  What can I say?

Alot, I suppose, I'm rather long winded.  When you feel like the rest of the world actually cares what you do, you feel limited.  When you have someone, anyone, who doesn't care what the fuck you do, they like you anyway (well beyond that whole raping their baby pig thing, or whatever is that you do to piss people off), no matter what, you feel free.  Never felt that before, didn't even know it existed.  Now I have 20 people that feel that way about me.  Feel damn good.  DAMN good.  I might even learn to like myself enough that it doesn't matter.  For now, I'll just depend on them.  I <3 Vikings.

You don't get what you need, you get what you want.

Of course, what do I know?  I'm just a damn dirty hippy.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

LMNO

Funny... I always thought Vikings were sailors, not mountaineers...

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: LMNOFunny... I always thought Vikings were sailors, not mountaineers...

mmmm......sailors......

:drool:

LMNO

So, you're the type of woman who hangs around on the docks, huh?

Quote from: LMNOSo, you're the type of woman who hangs around on the docks, huh?
Nope, I married a sailor so I would never be without one :twisted:

LMNO

::insert "smells like fish" joke here::

/o\

Rev roger says you know nothing about chaos, survival, and the jungle if you havent amputated your friends arm with a wrench for food.

hippy!

8)

Zurtok Khan

Quote from: Vlad TepesRev roger says you know nothing about chaos, survival, and the jungle if you havent amputated your friends arm with a wrench for food.

hippy!

8)

Never said I did know anything.

ANd yes, I am a hippy. Thank you.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Malaul

I do that one week a year
we call it Dionysius... (im sure you can get teh general idea behind this camping excursion)
I go camping with a buncha folks and thow axes
dance around the VW bug sized fire
drink mead
smoke things I really shouldnt
drum till my hands are bleeding
make love/hate till we can no longer stand , sit or lay down
fall asleep still wrapped in the scent of my lover, while still holding my axe in one hand and mead in the other,.,,

I cant wait for the next trip
its less than a months away
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

We do something like that, but, hmmm, nope it's pretty much like that, hehehe :twisted:

the only difference is that whole families are there, so there are people from 4 to 60