News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

A final piece of advice to noobs:

Started by BADGE OF HONOR, September 21, 2005, 03:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: deet
Quote from: SweetyHmm- the other posters were charming but you seem to be a bully- no use of rhetorics here...

See, there are basically two types of people- those who will answer to rationality and those who respond to violence only, - its senseless to try to convince them with the other, the non-fitting method; and since the Reverend seems to be of the second type its senseless to discuss here. (though it would be appropriate to defeat him in e.g. martial arts)...

My rhetoric stick is causing your penis envy.

And my kung-fu is like wet blanket; unpleasant, and you maybe not sleep after.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I just snorted milk.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

B_M_W

Quote from: deet
Quote from: SweetyHmm- the other posters were charming but you seem to be a bully- no use of rhetorics here...

See, there are basically two types of people- those who will answer to rationality and those who respond to violence only, - its senseless to try to convince them with the other, the non-fitting method; and since the Reverend seems to be of the second type its senseless to discuss here. (though it would be appropriate to defeat him in e.g. martial arts)...

My rhetoric stick is causing your penis envy.

And my kung-fu is like wet blanket; unpleasant, and you maybe not sleep after.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  out of five. a :lol:
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

LMNO

Quote from: Sweety
See, there are basically two types of people- those who will answer to rationality and those who respond to violence only,

Then there are the people who respond to irrationality...

Like a difficult poem...

Or Free Jazz...

Or Japanese noise...

And then, there are the poeple who will respond to a complete lack of rationality, like the sheeple and the cabbages...

And then there are the people who will respond to anti-violence, and kind and gentle words and actions, regardless of whethere they are true or not...

What was I saying?

Oh yeah.  Stop being an aristotelian.

Sweety

thanks for being not- primitive, LMNO. :)

yeah I normally also prefer the triangular-creative principle (the Yi Jing)&Pythagoras (yet Aristoteles also had some good points)

also as a reward I'll give you the source for those thoughts:
QuoteThere are those who understand reason and those who understand violence. Reason is wasted on the violent man and violence is wasted on the reasonable man. If thou wishest one to hear thee, speak in his language or speak not at all.
- The Devil's Apocrypha by John A. DeVito
it funnily fitted ;)
(I'm a tiny girl.)²

LMNO

So, fight fire w/ fire?  violence w/ violence?

I say, no.

I say, you can fight using "their" rules, but with an opposite tack.  Fight violence with no-violence, fight Reason with no-Reason.

Or

Change the rules and "hit them where they ain't".

Make them play in your arena.  The game rules can often be changed.

Cain

Thats why LMNO would make a decent guerrilla commander.  You dont hit the enemy at their strongest point.  Militarily the CoN, society, the Illuminati, whatever name you have for it will thank you very much for showing their crackdown (wiretaps, spying, ignoring posse commitas etc) is all very justifiable and nothing has been changed because they have all the guns, the non-lethal weaponry, the tanks, airplanes, tac-nukes and so on.  So you dont go down that route and find another weakness.  Thats basic.

LMNO

Aw, thanks.

However, it's really hard to change the game rules when you're trying to develop rapport.

Try doing that the next time you argue with your lover, you'll see what I mean.

Sweety

Did I ever say that I would agree with that saying- it simply fit well, so what? my exposition of its source was rather a distancing of myself from it...anyway, I'll leave that open for interpretation..
(I'm a tiny girl.)²

Cain

Quote from: LMNOAw, thanks.

However, it's really hard to change the game rules when you're trying to develop rapport.

Try doing that the next time you argue with your lover, you'll see what I mean.

Well, yeah.  Thats why I'm so hot on defining the enemy in relation to ourselves, so hopefully that sort of crossover doesn't occur.  It has nothing at all to do with reading too much Carl Schmitt.  Maybe.

LMNO

Quote from: SweetyDid I ever say that I would agree with that saying- it simply fit well, so what? my exposition of its source was rather a distancing of myself from it...anyway, I'll leave that open for interpretation..

For future posts:

Unless you insert an explicit disclaimer, the general tendency is to assign the post to the poster.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNOSo, fight fire w/ fire?  violence w/ violence?

I say, no.

I say, you can fight using "their" rules, but with an opposite tack.  Fight violence with no-violence, fight Reason with no-Reason.

Or

Change the rules and "hit them where they ain't".

Make them play in your arena.  The game rules can often be changed.

This is the correct answer.  You play to your strengths, and your enemy's weakness.

Using force on the CoN is kinda like having a shoving match with a steamroller.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Idem

Perhaps I should have read this earlier...

But no one on these forums seems to have insulted or criticized my behavior yet, even past the 50-post thingie.
(I'm waiting)

LMNO

Quote from: IdemPerhaps I should have read this earlier...

But no one on these forums seems to have insulted or criticized my behavior yet, even past the 50-post thingie.
(I'm waiting)

Fuck off, nimrod.  Why do you even bother to continue breathing?

Demonica, Oracle of Doom

Quote from: CainThats why LMNO would make a decent guerrilla commander.  You dont hit the enemy at their strongest point.  Militarily the CoN, society, the Illuminati, whatever name you have for it will thank you very much for showing their crackdown (wiretaps, spying, ignoring posse commitas etc) is all very justifiable and nothing has been changed because they have all the guns, the non-lethal weaponry, the tanks, airplanes, tac-nukes and so on.  So you dont go down that route and find another weakness.  Thats basic.

the illuminati are psychic vampires poised to suck the life-force out of
the meaningless maggots.  They laugh at wiretaps.  They'll thank you
after they squish you.

http://www.n3kl.org/sun/noaa.html

"I don't want the world.
I just want your half."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: IdemPerhaps I should have read this earlier...

(I'm waiting)

Kill yourself, and fuck the body.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.