News:

Licenced Jenkem provider since 2007

Main Menu

Vision - Ranting for the Helluvit

Started by Zurtok Khan, September 24, 2005, 04:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zurtok Khan

The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.
-John Cage

There is only one admirable form of the imagination: the imagination that is so intense that it creates a new reality, that it makes things happen.
-Sean O'Faolain

When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong.
-R. Buckminster Fuller

I have not ranted in a long time. I have whinned and I have written things, but no truely good rants.  I have many reasons, mostly I had nothing to say (which is the best reason anyone ever had not to speak), partly I didn't feel like saying it.  When you are your own scripture, why speak it outloud?  Ahh, but as we have all discovered in our time the best way to keep a secret is out in the open.

So, what have I been on about this last while?  A little bit of this, a little bit of that.  The pure chaos of communiting to school everyday (anyone who wants to see pure chaos needs to take public transit more often) has been enlightening.  I've been hot and cold with a girl for awhile (I know, shocking!).  I've even trusted a psychic to be right...and she was.  But, most of all, I've been searching for a vision.

What is this vision that I've wanted?  You know, I'm still not sure, but it seems rather pretty.  I've been planning (as I may have mentioned a couple times) an event that I hope will be very successful with the Pagan Community in and around Salt Lake City.  I've been using every ounce of creativity in my being to bend the universe to my will to this effect.  And it has taken every ounce of creativity added to most of my willpower to get it to this point.  It's strange...the event is a month off and I'm already feeling a sense of pride and happiness in my work.  It is the act of the work that I am enjoying.  But, this still is not the vision.  I found my vision for this Panel on Paganism, "Present Understanding - Future Cooperation" (http://pssa.crossworlds.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=30 to understand this particular vision...), and it is precisely what I wanted.

I have been searching long and hard for my vision for my Term Paper in my Magic, Myth, and Religion class (being an anthropology major means I get to take cool classes...).  I still haven't found it, it's being occluded.  As soon as I find it, I will take it and make it.

The point I want to make here is the importance of Vision.  If you can't see what you want, then you won't get it (of course, this isn't a problem if you don't want anything).  Once you know what it is that you want, then the hardest step has been achieved, all you have to do is walk/run/swim/type to your destination, and it will be there waiting for you.  Of course, there will be obstacles, no one can stop those, but you can walk over them.  The only successful people in the world are those with Vision, and I am not talking here solely in monetary terms (although it's easy to see there).

Know what you want, and take it.  This is the clear mind of the Buddhists.  The end result may be worthy, but the work is also just as worthy.  You cannot have the end without the means, but to practice the means with no end...well, I'm not sure what that is, but it feels wrong, or maybe it feels right and I don't know what I'm feeling.

My mind feels more refreshed by good work, by focused and loved work, then by resting has ever made it.  Not-doing (in the Taoist sense, and I think the Subgenii may have simply been making a play on words...or not, they don't seem that clever) is not sitting on your ass, it is enjoying what you are doing, and not seeing it as work because you love it.

So mostly what I'm saying is Love what you Do, and Do what you Love.  This is the path to happiness.  Of course, you may have to do things that you don't like, but feel free to change your paradigm to include liking that...it's not hard.

For behold, I have had a vision in the desert, and it has brought me joy.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

The Good Reverend Roger

Nice.  But I have a question:

So mostly what I'm saying is Love what you Do, and Do what you Love. This is the path to happiness.

What if I love to lead hordes of mutant bikers out of the wastelands, to burn the edges of civilization to ashes?

Does the rule still apply?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerNice.  But I have a question:

So mostly what I'm saying is Love what you Do, and Do what you Love. This is the path to happiness.

What if I love to lead hordes of mutant bikers out of the wastelands, to burn the edges of civilization to ashes?

imho, if you're written into teh story as an anti hero or a villain then yes. damn straight. i hate stories with pussies for antihero or villains.
Hell is other people.

Verthaine

Unfortunately,yes.Of course you must remember there may be people out there who become truly happy by hunting down the leaders of the hordes of murderous mutant bikers and using them as tiki torches.
Vincent Sebastian Verthaine, K.S.C.
Omni-Belevolent Poly- Father of Hedonism In Black of The Erisian Holy City of the Discordian Parish of New Orleans.

Goddess-Son of Sssbela,Prophetess of Doom

Pastor of the Church of Eris,New Orleans

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Verthaine

Unfortunately,yes.Of course you must remember there may be people out there who become truly happy by hunting down the leaders of the hordes of murderous mutant bikers and using them as tiki torches.

That's half the fun.

It wouldn't be as exciting if it was SAFE, now would it?

Mostly, though, I just want to tie Bush and Cheney spread eagle to the front of an end-loader, like in Road Warrior.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Zurtok Khan

This is the correct Moped.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: His Holiness the Zurtok

This is the correct armored spikey Moped with FUCKING FLAMETHROWERS attached to the sides.

Fixed that for you.

Zurtok Khan

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

This is the correct armored spikey Moped with FUCKING FLAMETHROWERS attached to the sides.

Fixed that for you.

I bow before the wisdom of TGRR

but, only because I can see under his kilt when I do.
Resistance is Fertile.

-Mark Twain

-Mark Twain

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Fixed that for you.

I bow before the wisdom of TGRR

but, only because I can see under his kilt when I do.

Don't push your luck, you...you MASHER!

LHX

yes

the obstacles will hurt

like large mountains or flaming rings with spikes

or better yet

a waiting room
neat hell