News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

Favorite Song Lyrics/Poetry

Started by ataraxia, October 01, 2005, 07:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

It was supporting the THRAKK album, with the double trio.

I was out of my fucking head.  All the hippies around me were freaked out by the cocophany.  I saw one girl, obviously tripping her ass off, just curled up in a ball and crying.

It was wonderful.

Suu

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on May 18, 2007, 05:16:26 PM
$55 a pop for the show in Portland.  I saw them once during the Lateralus tour with Fantomas opening up.  I'd have rather seen an extra hour of Fantomas and an hour less of Tool.  The music was tight, but seriously, one of the most boring performances I've ever been too.  Maynard stood at the back of the stage the whole concert.  It was like he was posessed by Eddie Vedder or something. 

I'd have taken Fantomas over Tomahawk and the Melvins from the last couple times I saw them, trust me.

And yeah, they don't do shit on stage, but I don't go to concerts usually to watch people jump around on stage...or mosh. I will never understand why people mosh at Tool shows. Ever.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

The show I saw actually I thought it was quite fitting the way the band was arranged on stage.  The rhythm section were at the front while Adam Jones was further to the back on the right and Maynard way to the back basically all you could see was his silhouette.  But I thought that was fitting because I really think it's the rhythm section that makes that band.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

The rhythm and "not taking 5 years to make an album that sounds exactly like the last two" sections, to be accurate.

Suu

I don't think that the albums sound alike...*raises brow* Sans maybe parts of Undertow and Aenima. Lateralus was imo a lot lighter than the previous two but a lot more progressive, and 10,000 Days is melancholy as fuck.

Opiate? Underrated alternative rock, by far. Not to mention I always get very odd looks when I sing the title track at kareoke.  :mrgreen:

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

I have to admit I lost interest after Lateralus.  It was a good album but it didn't seem, to me, to have the same spirit that Aenima did.  And Undertow was great because it was more raw and less slickly produced.  Production can really, really ruin what would be an otherwise fine album. 

Suu

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on May 18, 2007, 06:43:17 PM
I have to admit I lost interest after Lateralus.  It was a good album but it didn't seem, to me, to have the same spirit that Aenima did.  And Undertow was great because it was more raw and less slickly produced.  Production can really, really ruin what would be an otherwise fine album. 

They sold their souls to make a record...  :evil:

They also didn't swear in Lateralus, I have no idea what they were trying to accomplish with THAT, but it felt out of character for me without some sort of secular string followed by an audible 'Fuck'.

10,000 Days is about Maynard's mother dying of cancer, so the first half of the album is some serious lamentation on that, then it just gets strange. The slipcover can provide hours of endless enjoyment as well, but I don't think there hasn't been a Tool album cover that wasn't 'artistic' in some way shape or form.

AFK

Oh yeah, I heard they did something different with the 10000 days packaging.  Yeah, they have been rather clever with their packaging.  I was fond of the California falling into the ocean animated thingy they did with Aenima.  It was like you could play along during the title track.  "Learn to swim" indeed.   :evil:

Suu

It's these weird eyeglasses thing that you view pictures of them with, and it turns them all 3D and there's some strange shit in there.

AFK

you should keep your pets out of your CD collection.   :mrgreen:

Suu

They don't touch my CDs...I found that my cats seem to like hair metal. Especially Def Leppard.

AFK

Perhaps your cats would like this one by Whitesnake:

Walking down the street, you're the center of my universe
You got the world in your pocket, my manhood locked in your purse
You ain't a bad girl, honey, no matter what the neighbors say
It's just you wear those skintight dresses with your g-string tuned to A
Sweet, sweet, child of the street
Heaven sent, you're an angel dressed in black
Cool stiletto strut, you're a drop-jaw cardiac
You're the genuine, feline, prettiest girl I've ever seen
With your thief of hearts smile you're a certified pleasure machine
(chorus:)
Dressed to kill in diamonds and fur
You get what you want with your pussycat purr
But the kitten's got claws, she
'll tear your heart out
The kitten's got claws, she'll scratch your back
The kitten's got claws, she'll tease an' please you
The kitten's got claws, she's a heart attack

You treat me good, sometimes you treat me bad
But keep it up, honey, you're the best time I ever had
No matter what you put me through, I must confess
Ooh, you got more style than a brand new XJS
(chorus)
(repeat verse one and chorus)
You scratch my back, baby, and I'll scratch yours

Suu

Good call! I'll download it when I get home.

Either way, I don't know what it was, but I was on a DFL (stands for Def Fuckin' Leppard, btw.) kick back when we got them as kittens, and whenever I would play it, especially Pour Some Sugar on Me, they would bolt into the room.

..of course as kittens they don't need much of an excuse to bolt around, but I thought it was ironic.

AFK

It's from the "Slip of the Tongue" album which was the one where Steve Vai did all the guitar work.  It's a good album for anyone into that kind of music.  I wish I still had my Hysteria album.  I lost it along the way and have never gotten around to replacing it.

Payne

Regaining Unconsciousness- NoFX

First they put away the dealers,
keep our kids safe and off the street.
Then they put away the prostitutes,
keep married men cloistered at home.
Then they shooed away the bums,
and they beat and bashed the queers,
turned away asylum-seekers,
fed us suspicions and fears.
We didn´t raise our voice,
we didn´t make a fuss.
It´s funny there was no one left to notice
when they came for us.

Looks like witches are in season,
you better fly your flag and be aware
of anyone who might fit the description,
diversity is now our biggest fear.
Now with our conversations tapped
and our differences exposed,
how ya supposed to love your neighbor
with our minds and curtains closed?
We used to worry ´bout big brother,
now we got a big father and an even bigger mother.

And still you believe
this aristocracy gives a fuck about you.
They put the mock in democracy
and you swallowed every hook.
The sad truth is you would rather
follow the school into the net
cuz swimming alone at sea
is not the kind of freedom that you actually want.
So go back to your crib and suck on a tit
go bask in the warmth of your diaper.
You´re sitting in shit and piss
while sucking a huge pacifier,
a country of adult infants.
A legion of mental midgets
all regaining their unconsciousness