Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Rant 141: Fascists Are Everywhere

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, October 13, 2005, 10:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Rant 141
Fascists Are Everywhere

"Nothing's sadder than a bunch of some grown ass adults who can't think for themselves."

"Russia or the USA? Who do you think is next in China's sights for depopulation, colonization and gaining more natural resources? They recently did it to Tibet. But now Tibet's mostly destroyed and used up. And China is growing. The rulers of China have been planning this for decades. It's not going to stop until you wise up. Hell, the fascists that run the USA these days will probably sell North America to the fascists who currently run China."
-A man in a bar after I asked him why he thought the CCP was fifty times worse than the Nazi party.

Actually, that man I quoted above said some more things that were even worse. Upon researching his 'ideas' I found that they were substantiated. (Go ahead now and search for yourselves online. It will take hours. Don't worry. The rest of this rant will be waiting for you to read when you get back.........)

The scary thing about all this is that it seems that the era or eras of human slavery and degradation are far from finished if any of our so-called rulers (around the world) have their say. Hell, they don't need our cooperation. They can manufacture our consent through shiny toys and other distractions. From Al Qaeda and extremist Islamists to the Christian Fundamentalist plans at "reconstructing" a Christian Dominion in the USA...to African despots who keep their own people enslaved to multinational corporations and medical research programs to the uber-fascist and racist expansionist policies of the Chinese government...the idiots are running amok and they are in charge of the vast majority of the armed forces and economic powers on this planet. The machine is continuously making its inroads and its moves in its continual invasion into the quality of your lives. And we, the populations of Earth are buying into it lock stock and barrel. No wonder the children are angry enough to throw bricks into chain-store windows. No wonder that some people are freaking out and shooting up a bunch of people or blowing up things. People are angry and frightened and atomized.

This state of people getting sick of it all and fed up can easily be channeled into the usual socially acceptable patterns of "get them before they get us" or of  "get mine first before someone else gets it" and no one will ever think to the wiser. No one will ever see the long term large scale ramifications of living in a global market where the very idea that this is not what we want is laughed at for being an absurd extremism that should be cured by either drugs, shopping, entertainment...or failing that, psychotherapy or re-training.

Why am I so upset? Because I am a human being first off. But also because of the socio-cultural milieu of which I am a part: The Irish-speaking world, which, like other hard pressed Celtic communities, has witnessed and undergone the same old damned imperialism, invasion (social, cultural, and economic), and oblivion for the past several hundred years. I don't really believe in cultural inheritance-type ideas, but perhaps I do have a certain inbred hatred towards fascists and other dominator-type sorts that comes handed-down through generations of family ethnic heritage and from my own personal choice to participate in a modern Celtic community that is struggling to survive as free people. Perhaps. But I still say that my cultural allegiance is only one influence that may explain it. Perhaps it's my Erisianism that makes me hate fascists and their ilk. Perhaps I actually take the ideal of democracy seriously enough to think that it is worth it.

Who can really say? What's that? Oh look, something shiny.

The exiles of New Orleans are learning and will learn the abject lessons of the way power works in this world and society as they see their city rebuilt with most of them locked out of any future living there. I know this for a fact. It's what happened to the Irish 150 years ago during the Great Starvation when 5 million Irish people deemed a "surplus population" were allowed to die the miserable death that famine and its sequential diseases wrought. What did the survivors have to do to survive? They had to leave. Look at Ireland (excluding the North) today. A rich comfortable society that is pretty and perfect for tourists and playboys-and-girls. Looks nice on the post card doesn't it. (Perhaps the grass is greener when countless dead have fertilized the soil, eh?) The people who run the USA have been handed a perfect opportunity to get rid of the poor in an attractive tourist area and they will use it fully. Don't kid yourselves.

Fascists are everywhere. They are in power, or will be shortly, over society. And they hate YOU. Not only do they hate YOU, if they can't reshape YOU into being one of them, they will destroy YOU. And they will stop at nothing to do whatever else it is that they wish to do. Even if it means starting another world war, or continuing some war on some terrorists, or in blowing up crowds of people (like the Islamic fascists). They are making moves. What are you doing about it?

That's what I thought. You're doing nothing. That's okay. Most people are content with doing nothing. They are content with the superior marketability of the products offered to them. They are content with the prefabricated "choices" they are offered. They like the idea of the great illusion of freedom under which they have succumbed because it is really just too darned dark and scary to think about any alternatives. It's too damned thick and dank to think that the fascist dominators are running things and their little lackeys are everywhere in society conspiring against any intelligence that doesn't further the five or six acceptable 'alternative views.' I know what you are thinking of saying to me now. "What's that? Stop talking like that! My brain hurts now. Let me get back to my entertainment and my smoking pot. What's the matter with people like you, Hugh, who always hold up signs saying 'DOOM' with your silly hats and your weird religions with unheard-of Goddesses that say we are free simply by choosing to grow a spine?"

Fuck. They know they should really just put on their jack boots and start parading around. At least let me get some yuks in by throwing tomatoes at their dumb asses before they lock me up and throw away the key. Even so, they can't get us all. There might be too many fascists or of those who like obeying the fascists (or of pretending to be important fascists), but they still aren't wise enough to find us all, as worried as they are about their shiny things. Human nature, being what it is, is full of abnormalities and glitches and anomalies and of all sorts of uncomfortable facts. Hell, they can even try to breed us out. Fat chance. As long as there is disagreement, trouble, and strife in society, there will be a chance for us...Hell, as long as there is sex, there will be people like us saying "told you so."

Think about that the next time you buy your ice-cream from that truck that blasts that corny music that can be heard for miles around.

October 5th, 2005

-Irreverend Hvgh, KSC
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Cain

As long as people have irrational fears to be manipulated, there will be Fascists.  Also, I cant disagree about China.  That place does scare me a hell of alot.  However, I have always put Fascism above mere racism/authoritarianism. It has to engage in violence, messianic hypernationalism, racism, and mass mobilization behind a crusading disrespect for pluralism and co-existence.  By definition Fascists are not interested in realpolitik and any notion of international society.  They are revolutionaries with a commitment to an aesthetic of violence, both at home and abroad.  Their sense of historical rectitude and supremacy means that their agitation is unlikely to stop at their own frontier.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

During the 'potato famine', while people were starving to death inside Ireland, the Brits were exporting food out of Ireland including, but not limited to potatoes.  

I remember, I think I was in high school, there were ads on TV for a textile union or something.  "Look for the union label, when you're buying a shirt, blah, blah, blah..."  Most of the labels say mad in China now.  Scarier still are the labels that say Cambodia and Vietnam.  Even stuff mad in the USA usually says "assembled in" so all the pieces are done somewhere else.  

General Motors should be the lesson, they have shipped so many jobs over seas that they aren't selling enough cars to pay the executives salaries without raping the pensions.  I don't know what's going on with Delphi, but I keep hearing Enron in my head.

The Good Reverend Roger

Hugh said:  

"Fascists are everywhere. They are in power, or will be shortly, over society. And they hate YOU. Not only do they hate YOU, if they can't reshape YOU into being one of them, they will destroy YOU."

Not true.  They hate us no more than we hate the ants that live in the back corner of the yard.  They ignore us, unless we get out of hand...then it's time for a gallon of gasoline, dispassionately poured onto our hill.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerHewn said:  

"Fascists are everywhere. They are in power, or will be shortly, over society. And they hate YOU. Not only do they hate YOU, if they can't reshape YOU into being one of them, they will destroy YOU."

Not true.  They hate us no more than we hate the ants that live in the back corner of the yard.  They ignore us, unless we get out of hand...then it's time for a gallon of gasoline, dispassionately poured onto our hill.

Roger, that is a point. But given the nature of the rant, I couldn't get to it yet.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyDuring the 'potato famine', while people were starving to death inside Ireland, the Brits were exporting food out of Ireland including, but not limited to potatoes.  

If you could speak Gaelic, you would know a lot more about the Great Starvation that would make you HATE. Just saying.

(Irrev. Hugh....sick of his Gaelic-speaking status relegating him to second class humandom.)

Zurtok Khan

Quote from: Irreverend Hewn, KSC
Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyDuring the 'potato famine', while people were starving to death inside Ireland, the Brits were exporting food out of Ireland including, but not limited to potatoes.  

If you could speak Gaelic, you would know a lot more about the Great Starvation that would make you HATE. Just saying.

(Irrev. Hewn....sick of his Gaelic-speaking status relegating him to second class humandom.)

Pfft, second class? Don't kid your self.  I've already relegated you to 4th class humandom.  No real human could write rants this well, so I figure you're part of Verthaine's dimension.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

(Irrev. Hewn....sick of his Gaelic-speaking status relegating him to second class humandom.)

I'm sure you're right.  I know that people were starving to death because of rotten potatoes, taxes and greed.  Not to mention an incredible lack of compassion.

Zurtok Khan

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

I'm sure you're right.  I know that people were starving to death because of rotten potatoes, taxes and greed.  Not to mention an incredible lack of compassion.

Not even Roger has that much hate.  Well, at least I don't think he does...
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Shibboleet The Annihilator

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: His Holiness the Zurtok

Let the fuckers eat cake.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Let the fuckers eat cake.

It explains why for years, I never felt a shred of sympathy for anyone who got blown up by IRA bombing missions. (The Great Starvation was enforced by 200,000 British Soldiers stationed in Ireland to maintain the commerce, even as the producers were dying out.)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Irreverend Death to Poultry, KSC
It explains why for years, I never felt a shred of sympathy for anyone who got blown up by IRA bombing missions. (The Great Starvation was enforced by 200,000 British Soldiers stationed in Ireland to maintain the commerce, even as the producers were dying out.)

Too bad the IRA mostly killed other Irish people, who happened to be of the wrong religion.

Fucking Irish savages...

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: Irreverend Death to Poultry, KSC

Too bad the IRA mostly killed other Irish people, who happened to be of the wrong religion.

Fucking Irish savages...

Heh. Those weren't Irish people. They were two-bit sell outs with their heads up the colonizers' asses. Anyway, the IRA did also have to defend their own communities against the Loyalist sell-outs, the Police, and the British army. So some killing was meant to happen. Now those times are dead and gone and the IRA have ended the "war." But if the things Irish people in the North want don't come to them through politics, a new generation will revive a new IRA and fight for great satisfaction GUARANTEED.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Pfft, second class? Don't kid your self.  I've already relegated you to 4th class humandom.  No real human could write rants this well, so I figure you're part of Verthaine's dimension.

Well, we have been seen together at the Crab Nebula temple, but that's neither here nor there, man. What a man does in other dimensions is none of your concern.