News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

worldwide computer initiatives

Started by LHX, December 10, 2005, 07:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

in reference to the other thread:

article about online access to everybody
$100 computers
etc

QuoteQ: Given that currently the global production of laptops is under 50 million, can the 100 dollar laptops be built and shipped in the quantities that Negroponte is promising -- 100 million to 150 million every year by 2007?

A: The computers have to be manufactured in those kinds of numbers if the price point of 100 dollars is to be achieved. It costs as much to make one microchip as to make one million microchips. The cost lies in setting up the manufacturing infrastructure. The more they build, the cheaper they can make the computer. This computer will change the global laptop market because of the scale of its production.

and the rest of the article:

http://www.ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=31103
neat hell

Cain

Communications revolutions will not save you.  In fact, evolution works better in isolated groups.  The comms revolution is slowing down our ability to change and adapt, by introducing a common base factor.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: CainCommunications revolutions will not save you.  In fact, evolution works better in isolated groups.  The comms revolution is slowing down our ability to change and adapt, by introducing a common base factor.

This is the troof.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LHX

uhhhhhhh

there is no isolated groups anymore

it dont matter what works better

its a matter of what is happening
neat hell

Cain

Nothing, if the neocons get their way.  American capitalism is the highest expression of humanity, a prefect system. History ended, dont you know?  Only savages like the Muslims and Communists think otherwise.

LHX

Quote from: CainNothing, if the neocons get their way.  American capitalism is the highest expression of humanity, a prefect system. History ended, dont you know?  Only savages like the Muslims and Communists think otherwise.

i understand the company line

but
how do you reconcile that with
1. the effects of technology on the human brain
2. the effects of human production on the environment that humans then have to live in
?

there seems to be a glaring discrepancy

recycling an already used metaphor -
i understand some people dont want the show to end
but...
neat hell

Cain

1 and 2 are just more subtle methods of control.  If you've bought the idea of progress, they've already captured your thought mechanisms.  Its always been about control, the finest drug on the market, which is instantly addictive and always needs more to get that same high.  Everything else is mental masturbation and self delusion.

LHX

Quote from: Cain1 and 2 are just more subtle methods of control.  If you've bought the idea of progress, they've already captured your thought mechanisms.  Its always been about control, the finest drug on the market, which is instantly addictive and always needs more to get that same high.  Everything else is mental masturbation and self delusion.

no no

what im sayin is that technology IS having an effect on the brain

and methods of 'production' are creating a place that aint conducive to life

with those two elements
how can this be compared to anything in history?
i understand men will approach it the same way they approached everything else

but
it is clearly a different story

like the dude what thought it was just another cold and it turned out to be meningitis and it exploded his fuckin brain
neat hell

Cain

Things have always effected human brains.   Methods of production have always made places unconducive to life.  I see no difference between then and now, except the acceleration of the process.

LHX

Quote from: CainThings have always effected human brains.   Methods of production have always made places unconducive to life.  I see no difference between then and now, except the acceleration of the process.

you see no climax to these situations?

as in
the human brain can only handle so much
and
the human body can only tolerate so much toxicity

?
neat hell