News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

LHX keeps f&%king around with MAYBE LOGIC

Started by LHX, January 03, 2006, 07:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

yeah

so

up until yesterday - i felt good about this maybe logic shit

but
the big problem with it seemed to be that it made everything ambiguous or mysterious

ladies and gentlemen and mutants and other creatures -
that has all changed

i found myself at the book store where they sell coffee and baked goods
in the philosophy section
when i decided to translate philosophical questions into maybe logic

i spotted this book called 'the meaning of things'
so
i decided to aim at the most basic of the questions

what IS the meaning of life?

i took me some time to translate it into maybe logic

but

the best i could translate it to is something along the lines of -

why do i have this body?

and - for those who may not be fans of the concept of property -

what do i do with this body?
or
what do i use this body for?

this is one instance where the use of maybe logic took something vague and turned it to something much more specific

-- and a question what actually seem like it might have an answer

please
insights
please
neat hell

LMNO

What seems to be a meaning of life?

Even tho this is close to "proper" E-Prime, you still have to break down what is meant by "meaning" and "life", since both words can work on many different levels.

LHX

Quote from: eroticWhat seems to be a meaning of life?

Even tho this is close to "proper" E-Prime, you still have to break down what is meant by "meaning" and "life", since both words can work on many different levels.

good point

lemme think about it
neat hell

the other anonymous

Quote from: LHXwhy do i have this body?

What other body would you have?

Quote from: LHX
or

Um, masturbation? Always worked for me.

(And if you don't know how, I'd suggest giving your body to someone who actually knows what to do with it... like Enrico.)

LHX

Quote from: the other anonymous
Quote from: LHXwhy do i have this body?

What other body would you have?

true - maybe i should say why do i have a body

or

Um, masturbation? Always worked for me.

(And if you don't know how, I'd suggest giving your body to someone who actually knows what to do with it... like Enrico.)

self-satisfaction
or
self-sacrifice

a monk
or
a suicide bomber

jerk off
or
get fucked

maybe
maybe
neat hell

LMNO

Quote from: LHX[
self-satisfaction
or
self-sacrifice

Possible Tarot Connection:

Hanged Man vs. Lust (Strength).

But I'm not the tarot expert.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

You want something like this, you should read Nagarjuna's "Verses from the Center." That'll pervert your mind.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

LHX

Quote from: Irreverend Death to Poultry, KSCYou want something like this, you should read Nagarjuna's "Verses from the Center." That'll pervert your mind.

as opposed to the pristine un-perverted-ness that runs rampant on these forums
neat hell

the other anonymous

Quote from: LHXtrue - maybe i should say why do i have a body

Because, without it, you'd be dead.

LHX

hahaaaaaaaaa

no need to talk silly now
neat hell

the other anonymous

hahaaaaaaaaa

The deeper the answer, the farther you fall when trying to find it.

Chylde o' Kaos

Hrm...

I can see where yer goin' with this one..and the only thing that I can really come up with, off the top of my head, would be to break it down till you get to the question of "Do I really exist at all?" Asking "why do I have a body" if ya wanna get really technical with the whole Maybe Logic mindset, denotes assumptions of what a body "is," since, if you ask "why do I have this body?" you're assuming you have one, and by doing so are then defining what a body "is."....so, my thought is that the best thing you could boil it down to, using maybe logic, would be something along the lines of "Do I exist?" since there's no definition or assumption about what anything "is". You're not assuming you have a body, you're not even, really, tacking a definition onto what existance "is", since you're questioning even that....

Does take one waaaayyyy out on a limb though...there was something, too, that Wilson commented on, with all of this, in a taped interview I have of him...trying to remember what it was he'd said...the interviewer asked him that, with all this questioning, avoiding using the word "is,' talking in e-prime constantly, can't one just get to the point where it becomes silly, since you're breaking things down SO much...and Wilson said something (if my memory's not failing me here) to the effect of how you can't work with e-prime from the standpoint of questining everything so that no reality map is ever created...and that we each have to have some sort of reality map to go by for functioning in this world, so that to work with e-prime doe not mean that you stop thinking of the world in terms of what "is" alltogether, or else you'll never have a reality map or frame of refferemce to go by, and you need these for functioning in this world...something to that effect, though I know I'm getting parts of it not quite right...and, *SIGHS* the tapes are all in England, and till I can get them outta there I can't listen over that bit of it and see what it was he said about it all, exactly...

This does seem like a good case in point, though...I mean, we can get to the point where we start questioning whether, in fact, we actually exist, and that, while fun from a magickal or philosophical point of view, isn't exactly something that makes living in the every day world all THAT easy! To me, e-prime's one of those things that's useful to keep in the back of your head, as a useful way of always questioning things and never stop thinking about them, while still creating a reality map for yourself nonetheless, which will, inevitably, require you to break out of using e-prime...the map's not the territory, but if ya don't create a map for yerself in the first place, then ya got no territory to walk on anyway, is the way I like to think about it...

That's my 2 cents on the matter at any rate...hope this helps!
Let's pump ourselves full of magick monkey juice and take a trip to spaceland!- Younger Brother, "A Flock of Bleeps"

LHX

hahaaaaaaaaa

The deeper the answer, the farther you fall when trying to find it.

i guess the question at that point becomes

fall from where exactly?

and can this 'falling' be considered bad?
or
can it be considered inevitable?

looking around at an environment where poverty and suffering exists
and
where it can appear at times that people revel in self-destruction

maybe 'falling' is not the best word
'diving' seems more appropriate

or
in subgenius terms
GOING DOWN!!111!!1!1!!!!!!!!!!1111

1!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!1!!!

for added emphasis -
!1!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!
neat hell

LHX

Quote from: Chylde o' KaosHrm...

I can see where yer goin' with this one..and the only thing that I can really come up with, off the top of my head, would be to break it down till you get to the question of "Do I really exist at all?" Asking "why do I have a body" if ya wanna get really technical with the whole Maybe Logic mindset, denotes assumptions of what a body "is," since, if you ask "why do I have this body?" you're assuming you have one, and by doing so are then defining what a body "is."....so, my thought is that the best thing you could boil it down to, using maybe logic, would be something along the lines of "Do I exist?" since there's no definition or assumption about what anything "is". You're not assuming you have a body, you're not even, really, tacking a definition onto what existance "is", since you're questioning even that....

Does take one waaaayyyy out on a limb though...there was something, too, that Wilson commented on, with all of this, in a taped interview I have of him...trying to remember what it was he'd said...the interviewer asked him that, with all this questioning, avoiding using the word "is,' talking in e-prime constantly, can't one just get to the point where it becomes silly, since you're breaking things down SO much...and Wilson said something (if my memory's not failing me here) to the effect of how you can't work with e-prime from the standpoint of questining everything so that no reality map is ever created...and that we each have to have some sort of reality map to go by for functioning in this world, so that to work with e-prime doe not mean that you stop thinking of the world in terms of what "is" alltogether, or else you'll never have a reality map or frame of refferemce to go by, and you need these for functioning in this world...something to that effect, though I know I'm getting parts of it not quite right...and, *SIGHS* the tapes are all in England, and till I can get them outta there I can't listen over that bit of it and see what it was he said about it all, exactly...

This does seem like a good case in point, though...I mean, we can get to the point where we start questioning whether, in fact, we actually exist, and that, while fun from a magickal or philosophical point of view, isn't exactly something that makes living in the every day world all THAT easy! To me, e-prime's one of those things that's useful to keep in the back of your head, as a useful way of always questioning things and never stop thinking about them, while still creating a reality map for yourself nonetheless, which will, inevitably, require you to break out of using e-prime...the map's not the territory, but if ya don't create a map for yerself in the first place, then ya got no territory to walk on anyway, is the way I like to think about it...

That's my 2 cents on the matter at any rate...hope this helps!

i enjoyed your 2 cents

i guess i owe at least a half-penny change -

you may need a map for yourself
but
it might not need to be big
or detailed
to get the job done

also -
maybe logic could be a coping mechanism
survival tool
symbol of evolution
or
just a technique used to gain added insight on a situation

LHX - has seen multiple uses for
razor blades
bananas
spoons
bodies
bricks
and some other things
neat hell

the other anonymous

Quote from: LHXi guess the question at that point becomes

fall from where exactly?

and can this 'falling' be considered bad?
or
can it be considered inevitable?

Falling as a metaphor: falling away from the "heights" of philosophic thought. For the purpose of the metaphor, the "depths" refer to the worst of human thought.

For example, "I have this body because it is genetically superior and I am superior for understanding this and it is my responsibility to advance humanity via eugenics."

Another example: "God has endowed me with a mind and body capable of understanding his message and I must do his work and punish those who do not believe."

The answer to "Why do I have this body?" is close enough to "What is the meaning of life?" (or "Why am I alive?", since having a body == being alive, in most cases)

All Maybe Logic has done in this case is either (a) simplify the question to yeild a simple answer, or (b) obfuscate the question to make it harder to recognize your mistakes.

The "height" of philosophic thought is not some deep insight about the nature of things. Rather, it is the insight that there is nothing. At the peak of the metaphoric mountain, all thought comes to a point -- and, as geometry has taught us, a point has no length, width, or depth. It merely is.

And that is existance: there is no quality or property by which we can say "If X has or is Y, then it exists, else it doesn't."

Existance merely is.

As an excercise for the reader: Prove that Unicorns exist in the same sense that horses exist.