News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

hit/write syndrome...aka 'duhhh'

Started by Mangrove, February 28, 2006, 06:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangrove

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20060227/114107382000.html

The dudes who wrote 'Holy Blood/Holy Grail' are pissy at Dan Brown because they claim he plagarized their silly book for the content of Da Vinci Code.

What they are less vocal about is the journalist who, working around the same time (late 70s/early 80s) had a full, detailed written confession from one of the 3 French surrealist weirdos who faked all the Priory Of Scion nonsense in the first place.

This guy wrote to the HBHG authors and asked them to reconsider publishing because he knew that the whole 'bloodline' plot was bollocks. (They ignored him and had an international bestseller...doh)

Even funnier, is that the Vatican actually spent the time disputing the Da Vinci Code claims and appointed a 'head of anti-Dan Brown studies' or whatever the hell he was meant to be.

In summary:

3 French guys fabricated a dumb story and told it to 3 English guys.

The 3 English guys wrote an international bestseller claiming that it was all 'true' inspite of a clear indicator from a researcher that it was not.

Much later, an American used a big chunk of this silliness to write a book of fiction about an organization that he claims is real (but isn't).

To counteract this, some Italians, under the command of a German (Formally under the command of some Polish guy) appoint one of their own to insist that what the American was saying, wasn't true after all.

Why can't we come up with something like this and make ourselves rich?
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

I still think the HBHG guys should win.  I mean, at least it was original when they did it.  Dan Brown is a hack who has been getting away with being considered a writing genius for to long.

Iranon

Yes, but he's an enjoyable hack.

This would be even funnier if the French guys weren't faking and the hoax confession was a coverup.
< insert overused cliche about inserting amusing sig here here >

Cain

I didnt think so, personally.  I've read the Da Vinci Code and another of his books, and I found both to be cliched and totally predictable.  But maybe I have high standards.

LHX

i couldnt get thru the divinci code

actually

i almost threw the divinci code
neat hell