News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Cell phones increase brain activity

Started by Adios, February 23, 2011, 03:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: Requia ☣ on February 23, 2011, 06:19:39 PM
I was thinking more a lineman.  A power distribution center is loaded with transformers.  That's not a high voltage thing, any transformer produces a hell of a field (it's actually the whole design of the transformer).

Basic math to begin with. P=IE

Even with relatively low current, 120,000 volts is going to pack a punch.

In a power distribution like I worked in we are talking 13KVA.

Requia ☣

Slightly more advanced math: B=m0I/Pir^2

B here is the strength of the magnetic field, m0 is a constant.  Voltage isn't part of the equation for the strength of a magnetic field.

Edit: the above equation assumes a non coiled wire.  Coil the thing up (like in a transformer) and the field strength goes way way up.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Adios

Quote from: Requia ☣ on February 23, 2011, 06:30:25 PM

B here is the strength of the magnetic field, m0 is a constant.  Voltage isn't part of the equation for the strength of a magnetic field.

Edit: the above equation assumes a non coiled wire.  Coil the thing up (like in a transformer) and the field strength goes way way up.

So you're good with a high tension line running through your back yard?

LMNO

Slightly even more advanced math:

This is fun!

AFK

This thread is going on the list for March 15th. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Charley Brown on February 23, 2011, 06:33:42 PM

No, but that's a matter of it potentially breaking or me accidentally making physical contact.  The magnetic field is like getting worried about catching the flu from a tiger.

Adios

Quote from: Requia ☣ on February 23, 2011, 06:39:46 PM

No, but that's a matter of it potentially breaking or me accidentally making physical contact.  The magnetic field is like getting worried about catching the flu from a tiger.

Shit! You can fly??

*GrumpButt*

Logic truth tables. Not math, but fun anyways.

Nvm Pic was friggin huge. >.>
*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

Adios

Adios

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 23, 2011, 06:39:00 PM

I anxiously await that day with baited breath.

Luna

Quote from: Charley Brown on February 23, 2011, 06:45:10 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 23, 2011, 06:39:00 PM

I anxiously await that day with baited breath.

I was thinking a bucket, actually...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Requia ☣

Quote from: Charley Brown on February 23, 2011, 06:43:19 PM

Shit! You can fly??

What actually could happen and what would make me nervous are two very different things.

Adios

Quote from: Requia ☣ on February 23, 2011, 06:51:38 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on February 23, 2011, 06:43:19 PM

Shit! You can fly??

What actually could happen and what would make me nervous are two very different things.

A block of frozen shit could fall from an airplane and hit your house.

I'm helpful like that.

Dysfunctional Cunt

You could be attacked by rabid squirrels while walking down the street wearing a Mr. Peanut costume?

This is as much fun as the math!!  :lulz:

Adios

Quote from: Khara on February 23, 2011, 06:55:59 PM

You could be attacked by rabid squirrels while walking down the street wearing a Mr. Peanut costume?

This is as much fun as the math!!  :lulz:

Don't forget about bats, nasty little fuckers.