News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Recommend your favorite movies

Started by indigoblade, January 15, 2009, 02:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Sir Squid Diddimus

i can't think under this kind of pressure!!

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Brotep

The Sting
The Usual Suspects
Big Fish
Pan's Labyrinth
Burn After Reading
High Fidelity
Office Space
Evil Dead III: Army of Darkness

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Raphaella

The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

wade

I LIKED APOCALYPTO...

ALSO THIS  CANCELLED TV SERIES, SEASON ONE OF THE BLACK DONNELLY'S.  ITS GOOD STUFF.
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

Triple Zero

Quote from: Anton on January 15, 2009, 08:55:04 AMThe Sting
The Usual Suspects
Big Fish
Pan's Labyrinth
Burn After Reading
High Fidelity
Office Space
Evil Dead III: Army of Darkness

well these are all awesome movies that I would have listed myself. except I didn't know "The Sting", so I'm getting that one now (from 1973, right?)

i should also really watch High Fidelity again some time.

some more additions:

The Big Lebowski, Totall Recall, Twelve Monkeys, Triple X, Blade, Pitch Black, Love Actually, Lord of War, Waking Life, Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, The Dark Knight, Rent a Friend, Phileine zegt sorry, Alles is Liefde, Kopps, They Live, uhhhhhhhh I'm out of ideas.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

Okay, serious additions:

I don't really watch a lot of movies myself.  I'm more into crime dramas (Criminal Minds and The Mentalist being my current faves)
Anyhoo, I'm probably as much of a LOTR geek as Suu is a Star Wars.  Love those movies.

Others:  Fargo, Death to Smoochy, Gladiator, The Shawshank Redemption, Natural Born Killers, and Titanic. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Messier Undertree

fomenter

western = the outlaw Jose wales + the life and times of judge Roy bean + barbarossa
vigilante = boondock saints
prison escape = cool hand Luke + the great escape
con = the sting + confidence
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp