News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

How many bytes?

Started by Captain Utopia, November 28, 2009, 05:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Utopia

"Overall view of large file room at FBI headquarters. 1944"





From what I can gather, the large sheets of paper are fingerprints and a small amount of descriptive text for an individual. Compressed, I'm pretty sure the data in that room could fit under one terrabyte. Most of the space in that hall seems to be sacrificed for the ease of filing, rather than storing the data itself.

But any guesses? I arrive at the terrabyte figure by assuming an upper limit of one megabyte to store all information on an individual, and that I expect there may be several hundred thousand individuals listed, but less than one million.