Started by Richter, April 29, 2009, 01:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

WHO is talking about swine flu. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Richter on May 01, 2009, 01:44:49 PM
Quote from: L.D.D. Szarowka on May 01, 2009, 02:00:51 AM

its an outrage that to go out of our houses we HAVE to wear clothes - give me nakedness

OR KILL ME

(note, i am grateful do, to not have to see old and/or fat people nakedz)

(note2, the thing about not dressing nicely and showering everyday, is that one loses "structure" and becomes so unproductive and "fuck it ill do it later" type)

Depends what you're doing too.  I'm often my most productive jumping around the shop (read: combined storage / shop / bedroom) in busted jeans and an undershirt when I have a project I can really lock into.  Same if I come home in buisiness casual clothes, toss down my bag and grab something I've still got many hour of filing work on.  Engagement with the work matters more to me than how I'm dressed.

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on May 01, 2009, 05:19:18 AM
I work in a warehouse, I can't wear anything I care about.  I always look like shit because I won't buy jeans that cost more than $30 because they get torn to shit in six months or less.

Salvation Army / Goodwill.  It's kind of gnarly, but $1 - $5 pants can be treated as properly expendable.  3 - 6 pairs of those will outlast 1 pair of brand new easily.  Dad does this for work clothes, if roofing tar destroys a pair of pants, it's much less a loss.   

That's a nice thought but I have a large ass and short legs and don't want to spend hours trying to find pants that fit when I can go to the "wall o jeans" and just grab whatever says 10S on it.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Richter

Quote from: Nigel on May 01, 2009, 06:04:56 PM
Quote from: Richter on May 01, 2009, 01:49:10 PM
Quote from: LMNO on May 01, 2009, 01:24:06 PM

That's a nice hat. 

Fix't.

Oh, DRAT.

I try to live up to the title you gave me. :)

Quote from: L.D.D. Szarowka on May 01, 2009, 02:00:51 AM

its an outrage that to go out of our houses we HAVE to wear clothes - give me nakedness

OR KILL ME

(note, i am grateful do, to not have to see old and/or fat people nakedz)

(note2, the thing about not dressing nicely and showering everyday, is that one loses "structure" and becomes so unproductive and "fuck it ill do it later" type)

Depends what you're doing too.  I'm often my most productive jumping around the shop (read: combined storage / shop / bedroom) in busted jeans and an undershirt when I have a project I can really lock into.  Same if I come home in buisiness casual clothes, toss down my bag and grab something I've still got many hour of filing work on.  Engagement with the work matters more to me than how I'm dressed.

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on May 01, 2009, 05:19:18 AM
I work in a warehouse, I can't wear anything I care about.  I always look like shit because I won't buy jeans that cost more than $30 because they get torn to shit in six months or less.

Salvation Army / Goodwill.  It's kind of gnarly, but $1 - $5 pants can be treated as properly expendable.  3 - 6 pairs of those will outlast 1 pair of brand new easily.  Dad does this for work clothes, if roofing tar destroys a pair of pants, it's much less a loss.   
[/quote]

That's a nice thought but I have a large ass and short legs and don't want to spend hours trying to find pants that fit when I can go to the "wall o jeans" and just grab whatever says 10S on it.
[/quote]

I can only respect your appreciation for surgical strike pants shopping, then.
I am also compeled to advise you to back that thang up. :wink:
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat