Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Ego, Heroism and Ideaology

Started by Jasper, May 26, 2007, 11:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Lamanite on May 30, 2007, 11:09:48 PM
Quote from: Felix on May 26, 2007, 11:23:07 PM
I’ll say right now that I’m having some trouble correlating my thoughts into anything compelling, so I bring my ideas here unfinished.  What I’m thinking about is the way we all seem to more or less live our beliefs and do so in a way that is intelligent and seemingly heroic compared to the normative way of people’s self-conduct.  It’s principle and extremism, it’s ego and slack, it’s bravery, it’s putting your beliefs into actions, but it seems somehow more than all of that and boiling it all down into a more compelling arrangement is proving difficult.

We stand up and shout our guts up, bringing the thunder no matter what people want to hear.  We know our minds and we are not easily fooled.  I’m willing to sacrifice some cool points by even mentioning it, in order to figure out what it all is.

It’s like title of honor, being an asshat-yeti-mutant.  Anyone worthy of the title is immensely proud to be called so, yet aware that it is not a status that maintains itself- it is based upon performance.  New boot versus old guard constantly, because it’s about who’s best.  It’s not peaceful, because the entire attitude cannot exist tranquilly.  It’s about Mastery, Perception, Bravery, and Respect. 

What am I talking about?

Faith.

Faith is for people who don't WANT to use their brains.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

I,Äôll say right now that I,Äôm having some trouble correlating my thoughts into anything compelling, so I bring my ideas here unfinished.  What I,Äôm thinking about is the way we all seem to more or less live our beliefs and do so in a way that is intelligent and seemingly heroic compared to the normative way of people,Äôs self-conduct.  It,Äôs principle and extremism, it,Äôs ego and slack, it,Äôs bravery, it,Äôs putting your beliefs into actions, but it seems somehow more than all of that and boiling it all down into a more compelling arrangement is proving difficult.

We stand up and shout our guts up, bringing the thunder no matter what people want to hear.  We know our minds and we are not easily fooled.  I,Äôm willing to sacrifice some cool points by even mentioning it, in order to figure out what it all is.

It,Äôs like title of honor, being an asshat-yeti-mutant.  Anyone worthy of the title is immensely proud to be called so, yet aware that it is not a status that maintains itself- it is based upon performance.  New boot versus old guard constantly, because it,Äôs about who,Äôs best.  It,Äôs not peaceful, because the entire attitude cannot exist tranquilly.  It,Äôs about Mastery, Perception, Bravery, and Respect. 

What am I talking about?

Being Almost Human.

Jasper

What, then, would qualify as completely human?

LMNO

I dunno.  I don't think anyone's gotten there yet.

Jasper

With the possible exception of George Zimmer.

LMNO

Jasper

Did you hear about his guarantee?

tyrannosaurus vex

I,Äôll say right now that I,Äôm having some trouble correlating my thoughts into anything compelling, so I bring my ideas here unfinished.  What I,Äôm thinking about is the way we all seem to more or less live our beliefs and do so in a way that is intelligent and seemingly heroic compared to the normative way of people,Äôs self-conduct.  It,Äôs principle and extremism, it,Äôs ego and slack, it,Äôs bravery, it,Äôs putting your beliefs into actions, but it seems somehow more than all of that and boiling it all down into a more compelling arrangement is proving difficult.

We stand up and shout our guts up, bringing the thunder no matter what people want to hear.  We know our minds and we are not easily fooled.  I,Äôm willing to sacrifice some cool points by even mentioning it, in order to figure out what it all is.

It,Äôs like title of honor, being an asshat-yeti-mutant.  Anyone worthy of the title is immensely proud to be called so, yet aware that it is not a status that maintains itself- it is based upon performance.  New boot versus old guard constantly, because it,Äôs about who,Äôs best.  It,Äôs not peaceful, because the entire attitude cannot exist tranquilly.  It,Äôs about Mastery, Perception, Bravery, and Respect. 

What am I talking about?

The Sacred Wango and Tango
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.