News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

OHEMGEE GUYS TRUE DISCORDIANS 23 ERIS FNORDLAWOFFIVESFNORD!

Started by Manta Obscura, October 30, 2008, 06:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 17, 2008, 04:12:35 PM
What I can surmise from this is that it wasn't done right and it wasn't done wrong, it was done stupid.  If a guy's puking all over the place, stressed out at work, and generally having a bad day, real advice is "Dude, you need to go home, eat some chicken fucking soup, read some escapist shit, then sleep for 12 hours."  The highest amount of pressure put into the conversation ought to consist of "Go cough on the fucker's keyboard who gave you a hard time."

Anything more than that isn't advice, it's preaching.  And Discordian preaching won't be coming from a marble podium, it'll come from a rotted and caved in soap box containing sufficient rodent feces to spark a small outbreak of hantavirus.

This is, of course, coming from a n00b Discordian (my presence at these forums marks the length of my Discordianism +1 week), but if I've got it all turned around someone's going to say "go fornicate yourself with a stick," which might be the best thing for me, as it was for your buddy.

Logical, precise and well-thought-out post, EoC; thanks for the insight.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

What I can surmise from this is that it wasn't done right and it wasn't done wrong, it was done stupid.  If a guy's puking all over the place, stressed out at work, and generally having a bad day, real advice is "Dude, you need to go home, eat some chicken fucking soup, read some escapist shit, then sleep for 12 hours."  The highest amount of pressure put into the conversation ought to consist of "Go cough on the fucker's keyboard who gave you a hard time."

Anything more than that isn't advice, it's preaching.  And Discordian preaching won't be coming from a marble podium, it'll come from a rotted and caved in soap box containing sufficient rodent feces to spark a small outbreak of hantavirus.

This is, of course, coming from a n00b Discordian (my presence at these forums marks the length of my Discordianism +1 week), but if I've got it all turned around someone's going to say "go fornicate yourself with a stick," which might be the best thing for me, as it was for your buddy.

:mittens:

Confrabulations, you surmise well!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

SPOT FUCKING ON.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."