News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

A Study in Loathing.

Started by LMNO, April 14, 2011, 01:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on April 15, 2011, 05:08:38 AM
Quote from: Don Quixote on April 15, 2011, 01:51:17 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on April 15, 2011, 12:24:24 AM
Quote from: Mangrove on April 14, 2011, 09:35:40 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 14, 2011, 03:19:46 PM
Not sure any of this would properly be Horrorology, as none of it is outside of our frames of reference.  More like a study in loathing.

On the other hand, I am a cynical bastard, and I expect all this stuff.  It might be utterly new to some.

For example, the "spending cuts" amounted to a whole 1% of the spend, and were exclusively targeted by the social agenda of the lunatic right...IE, the military GAINS $5 Bn, but WIC loses half a billion, Planned Parenthood takes it in the neck, etc.  The basic blueprint is this:  Ensure poor women have loads of kids, then take away all the funding that helps nourish, raise, educate, etc, those kids.

I seem to remember talking about the banality of Evil recently...

Then take said surplus children living in shitty conditions and say "Hey! Want to go to college? Sign up and be a shrapnel sponge'hero in the fight against terror' first!"

Shrapnel sponge. I like it.

Some of them call themselves that.

So much for troop morale.  :|

We were calling ourselves bullet-sponges back in '90.

It's gallows humor...Um, fuck it, never mind.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ridgerunner on April 15, 2011, 05:11:29 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 15, 2011, 04:57:16 AM
Quote from: ridgerunner on April 15, 2011, 04:56:29 AM

The thought of Donald Trump being taken seriously as a presidential candidate makes me want to laugh and scream at the same time. 

We call this "horrormirth", and it can be represented as  :horrormirth:

Noted for future reference. :)

We do quite a bit of that kind of laughing, around here.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 15, 2011, 05:11:53 AM
Not sure any of this would properly be Horrorology, as none of it is outside of our frames of reference.  More like a study in loathing.

On the other hand, I am a cynical bastard, and I expect all this stuff.  It might be utterly new to some.

For example, the "spending cuts" amounted to a whole 1% of the spend, and were exclusively targeted by the social agenda of the lunatic right...IE, the military GAINS $5 Bn, but WIC loses half a billion, Planned Parenthood takes it in the neck, etc.  The basic blueprint is this:  Ensure poor women have loads of kids, then take away all the funding that helps nourish, raise, educate, etc, those kids.

Then take said surplus children living in shitty conditions and say "Hey! Want to go to college? Sign up and be a shrapnel sponge'hero in the fight against terror' first!"

Again requia misses the fucking everything.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Don Quixote on April 15, 2011, 05:13:35 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 15, 2011, 05:11:53 AM

Again requia misses the fucking everything.

It's ok Req, I still love you.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

My best friend's oldest son is over in Afghanistan right now. Someone in his unit got killed this week. He told the rest of his group that he was still more afraid of his mom (my best friend) than he was the locals. He's a cheerful lad like that. I don't think he considers himself a shrapnel sponge so much as a crazy-shit magnet. And I'm pretty sure he's genuinely having a good time over there. My best friend just breeds 'em that crazy.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.