News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

I've never cooked a crow before but...

Started by Roaring Biscuit!, March 30, 2011, 01:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

I guess so. Some things just aren't worth having the experience. For me, eating predator bird would rank right up there with doing ketamine on the list of things I'm not even glad I did once.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sir Squid Diddimus

I'd eat it.

I'll try anything (food/animal) once

LMNO

Suggestions:

Marinate.
Deep Fry.
Lots of Hot Sauce.

In other words, make it taste like anything other than what it tastes like.

Dysfunctional Cunt

You could always try that famous southern cedar board carp recipe.

Put the dressed bird on the board, roast, throw away the bird and eat the board because it will taste better.  :lulz:

Bruno

Quote from: Luna on March 30, 2011, 01:28:28 PM
You really can find fucking anything on the internet.

I hope the apocalypse doesn't accidentally the entire internet.

How else will I learn the proper way to harvest and prepare kudzu, or which antifreeze is safe to drink?
Formerly something else...

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on March 31, 2011, 08:13:38 PM
Quote from: Luna on March 30, 2011, 01:28:28 PM
You really can find fucking anything on the internet.

I hope the apocalypse doesn't accidentally the entire internet.

How else will I learn the proper way to harvest and prepare kudzu, or which antifreeze is safe to drink?

You joke but think of the fortune that could be made if you could just get people to eat it.  It's actually supposed to be quite tasty.  My mom always said it was poisonous so I never thought otherwise till a year or so ago and I saw some weird backwoods pbs show and the chick on there made a quiche with kudzu. 

I'm telling you were are missing out on a golden opportunity, that shit is everywhere south of the mason dixon line!!!

Bruno

Just cuz I'm jokng doesn't mean I'm not serious.

Kudzu fucking vending machines, yo.
Formerly something else...

Cainad (dec.)

Also a concern with crow meat: as scavengers, they bioaccumulate pretty much every nasty thing ever to be found in the bodies of other animals.

Now, I'm not saying that eating some crow will turn all of your body's cells into cancerous cells and give you mutant superpowers, but, y'know. Something to keep in mind.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Cainad on April 01, 2011, 03:15:10 PM
Also a concern with crow meat: as scavengers, they bioaccumulate pretty much every nasty thing ever to be found in the bodies of other animals.

Now, I'm not saying that eating some crow will turn all of your body's cells into cancerous cells and give you mutant superpowers, but, y'know. Something to keep in mind.

If you make sure you are exposed to gamma rays or fall into a vat of toxic chemicals afterwards wouldn't that counteract any negative exposure.

Roaring Biscuit!

In a sad twist of fate, my friend who obtained the crows managed to sell them as art.  Shame, I was having mad/possibly ingenious ideas to make it not taste like awful.  Also was looking forward to obtaining the powers of a crow.

x

BadBeast

Lots of the Gypsys up this way are fond of a Rook Pie. But that's thew only Corvid I've seen being eaten.
Raptors are supposed to taste like shit though. The most prized delicacy I ever heard the Dids
talk about, was Badger Hams. That's pretty universally supposed to be good.

Didikois. Up in your Hedgerows.   Eating your wildlife.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

BadBeast

Quote from: Khara on March 31, 2011, 02:46:15 PM
You could always try that famous southern cedar board carp recipe.

Put the dressed bird on the board, roast, throw away the bird and eat the board because it will taste better.  :lulz:
Over here, Carp are Fish.

ETA. Just saw what you did here. Got it now.  :lulz:
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4