Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

Data Mine THIS!

Started by Random Probability, July 15, 2013, 11:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Hey Johnny, That was great, thanks.
About this:
QuoteIn conclusion, the sociological analysis can be obfuscated by bots until they are reverse engineered, but the clinical approach cannot be fooled.

Would your offline behaviour tie into the clinical approach? I'm think with the increasing spread of facial recognition stuff that will be able to be linked to online behaviours and essentially profile likely movement for anyone on a day to day basis. The UK's pretty heavy on CCTV and it would seem to be a logical step in the counter-terrorism brief. Invaluable crime fighting tool and all that.

While writing that, I can't help but wonder if France isn't a step or two ahead with this and it was a hidden reason for the Burqa ban. Surely I'm just being a crazy person now. 
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

hirley0

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 17, 2013, 03:04:05 PM
Quote from: hirley0 on July 17, 2013, 09:18:08 AM
Quote from: hirley0 on July 16, 2013, 08:43:30 AM
[img
:lol:

How much is truth & HOW Much fiction
i have no idea. i do believe in vodo as i went to that school for
several years grade 7-11 ? 13year old till i was 17? then i tran-
sfered out to Beaverton. for my Final year. No i don't understand
this either | i AM very glad i did make the move | now bac2next P

Junkenstein

Quote from: hirley0 on July 17, 2013, 06:55:47 PM

[img

The more I read your posts, the more convinced I am that you've been very on to all of this for a long, long time.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 17, 2013, 07:09:58 PM

[img

The more I read your posts, the more convinced I am that you've been very on to all of this for a long, long time.

Oh yes, I think he has.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hirley0

Listening to you clock click? R U ?/?

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 17, 2013, 07:18:01 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on July 17, 2013, 07:09:58 PM

[img

Oh yes, I think he has.

The Johnny

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 17, 2013, 06:42:19 PM
Hey Johnny, That was great, thanks.
About this:
QuoteIn conclusion, the sociological analysis can be obfuscated by bots until they are reverse engineered, but the clinical approach cannot be fooled.

Would your offline behaviour tie into the clinical approach? I'm think with the increasing spread of facial recognition stuff that will be able to be linked to online behaviours and essentially profile likely movement for anyone on a day to day basis. The UK's pretty heavy on CCTV and it would seem to be a logical step in the counter-terrorism brief. Invaluable crime fighting tool and all that.

While writing that, I can't help but wonder if France isn't a step or two ahead with this and it was a hidden reason for the Burqa ban. Surely I'm just being a crazy person now.

Correlate with credit card expenditures of everyday life, what type of people are your friends and what are your daily activities or hobbies... every single data point can. be triangulated to test hypothesis and create a personal profile which can be used to predict behaviour.

plays MTG with friends, tends to play videogames and do LARP and has normal middle class expenditures in a suburbian home and works in IT... not really a threat, because half of his life involves harmless vanilla fantasies, does not correlate with going off the deep end

now, a middle aged veteran that recently got fired from his job recently and has two mortgages, 5 children, got divorced and has a type of radical discourse online and just bought a shotgun... innocent till proven guilty, but im sure it will be under scrutiny... mind you, that. doesnt mean hell get a talk or even get stopped before acting out because of how those acts can be played for political power of surveillance institutions, but someone somewhere will put one and one together.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner