News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Plumbing Issues

Started by Referendum Dr Konk, N-QIR, January 15, 2005, 08:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Referendum Dr Konk, N-QIR

GROTESQUELY ADVANCED COMMODE TECHNOLOGY
AND OTHER INTERNATIONAL PLUMBING-RELATED CONCERNS

I walked between the rows of shower stalls at the Austin Jewish Community Center and was confronted by the harsh truth that my usual stall was taken. This was an outrage! I had just finished working out and had been looking forward to a nice cool shower in the comfort of my highly territorial self,Äôs usual shower stall. And it was taken. So, tears in my eyes, I slowly shuffled my way into stall number four.
   Upon removing my only piece of clothing, a single white towel, I conveyed myself to the far end of the stall to turn the water on. What I found at the far end of the stall was both shocking and appalling. The knob in this stall was different from the one in the stall I had become accustomed to. I had encountered this problem of non-standardized plumbing fixtures before, but that was different. Before, it had always been the case that this problem was only noticeable by leaving one motel and going to another. This, however, was in the same building.

After I managed to get the water running in shower stall number four, I began thinking about this issue. I realized that this problem is no trivial thing. This is a dilemma which must be faced by all of humanity on a multinational level. This one incident had made me realize that this is a whole slew of problems. From the disparity of toilet conditions on an international level down to the issue of multiple types of water controls in the men,Äôs shower area of the Austin Jewish Community Center, this is a very real problem which must be dealt with.

Firstly, we must address the issue of shower and bath tub fixtures. Here in the United States, we have a huge problem with standardizing whether or not to actually use a knob or a lever or a combination of both or just a lever or one of a whole host of other methods of initializing something so simple as a bathing experience.
   Not only those matters, but also that of plumbing disparity. Much of Appalachia and other rural regions of our great nation have yet to receive the same advanced plumbing that we in the cities benefit from. This is not just a domestic problem. We must also the face the harsh reality of the state of bathing in third world countries where most citizens rarely at most and as infrequently as never have a chance to bathe.

Further, there is also the very realistic crisis relating to toilets in our world. From the high-tech talking toilets of Japan to the fecal piles of third-world Africa, the inequality of shit disposal on an international level is disgusting. The Japanese need to have a sanction placed on them, requiring them to give over the secrets of their grotesquely advanced commode technology. Their toilets are getting so advanced that one Japanese firm is doing research into toilets which will connect to the internet and report to your doctor on your health. Meanwhile we here in America are stuck with archaic porcelain crappers available at hardware stores, instead of radio shack. Even further down the line are the world,Äôs cast-aside African primitives and people who live up a tree in South America who have to shit in ditches.
   In the area of toilets we once again have a standardization problem. Our cousins across the Atlantic, the Brits, have not standardized flushing methods. Sometimes, you pull up on a lever. Other times, you push down on a lever. You can also find toilets which work like a two-knob sink, have a chain which is pulled, or a button to push.

All in all, the world we live in today is full of digusting plumbing-related inequalities and concerns. Now the issue at hand is what to do about this problem. I propose that a UN International Committee on the Standardization and Equalization of Plumbing be established.

cricket
-Referendum Dr. Konk, N-QIR,
AKA Sir Konk of the Odd-Shaped Breakfast Bar,
Grand Cheese of the Fortnight,
Official Knower of the Secret Behind the Weird Story About Flax,
and User of the Holy Word TOFURKY.

Brought to you by the N-QIE Discord and Dada Club, who hereby decree that they are Generally Fun People.

The Good Reverend Roger

Standardized plumbing is a tool of the devil.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

agent compassion

Ah, fuggit. Just do what our leaders do: dig a spider hole and wipe with a copy of the US Constitution when you're done.

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Yahtomet

I think that the generally accepted rule is that the Shower to Bath switch is usually a knob, and all others are completely up in the air.

Standardization of any time is the tool of Eris.

That snarls like a porcupine.

stink

Brought to you by the N-QIE Discord and Dada Club, who hereby decree that they are Generally Fun People.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Referendum Dr Konk, N-QIR
I walked between the rows of shower stalls at the Auschwitz Jewish Community Center...

*claps hand over own mouth*

must not make tasteless joke....must not make tasteless joke...

DAMN! too late....

8)

Editors note: anyone who finds themselves getting angry and/or offended by this post should seriously re-examine their commitment to being a discordian. If you can't make fun of ethnic cleansing, what can you make fun of?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

agent compassion

Oh, don't hold out on us, Turd....you know you wanna...

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Bob the Mediocre

Quote from: agent compassionOh, don't hold out on us, Turd....you know you wanna...

He already did, I think.
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!

I'm either missing a tasteless joke here or you misread the part where is says AUSTIN Jewish Community Center.

agent compassion

Referendum for Referendum:
Re: Quoting

Dear Referendum Dr. Konk,

It has recently come to our attention that you have noticed the "requoting" of yourself in postings here on this board. As you have already been informed, this is a fairly common practice in these parts and one that we reserve the right to employ in the cause of improving the overall quality of posts. Your posts have been chosen to receive these improvements at NO COST TO YOU!!!! This special offer must not be missed! We have just a few of these post-improvement packages left! ACT NOW WHILE THERE IS STILL TIME!!!!

And if you don't....we'll STILL requote you. Because that's how it is around here. Get used to it.

8)

LMNO

Quote from: agent compassionReferendum for Referendum:
Re: Quoting

It has recently come to our attention that you have noticed the "requoting" of yourself in postings here on this board.  We are allowed to do this, because we do it through the hole in the sheet.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Horab Fibsalgerlike d000d, my penis is gigantor!

if i even cared, this might be sad.

btw, nobody careas about the world, let;s talk about soemthign worth while in this life, eh?
Hell is other people.

agent compassion

It has recently come to our attention that you have noticed the "requoting" of yourself in postings here on this board. We are allowed to do this, because we do it through the hole in the sheet.

LOL! I forgot all about the hole in the sheet....I was too busy making this semi-automatic poo stick here....