News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Egyptian Numerology (Lengthy)

Started by Iron Sulfide, June 05, 2005, 10:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Sulfide

[cross posted from my blog]

AlphaNumerology (Lengthy)
Current mood: flabberghasted

HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found

odd, this was in the text box when i started my blog today.

let's deconstruct it to find its secret meaning.

firstly, H is Two Verticle Lines, connected to each other. symbolic of connection between two 'independent' entities. such as gemini (who's sign we happen to be under on this lunar month.) further:

"All letters will at times equal the sums of themselves. H=8 letter, and the Sum of 1:8 (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8)=36*10=360 Degrees, thus the spell is locked in the Circle. An H has 4 points and 1 2 3 4=10. 36*10=360 Degrees of the Circle"

many cyphers can be used to pronounce symbolic interpretation of the roman alphabet. let's apply an egyptian cypher of 14 (Osirus was cut into 14 pieces by Set):

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 11 12 13
A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M
13 12 11 10 9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1
N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 11 12 13

HTTP would then deconstruct as 8-7-7-11, or 6-7-7-3 (egyptian can be read forwards and 'backwards', so the values are reversable. then, both sets [Set? the God?] are both forward and backward, but if one is one, then the other is the other. note that when you add them down, all numbers equal '14' [or , to say in 'set theory' terms, a set of 0-13].) then, using a typical reduction method, 8-7-7-11 = 33; 6-7-7-3 = 23.

33, of course, represents the masonic aspiration, or the coupling of trinity. note that in masculin, "Yin" systems, that a patron deity manifests in three forms (i.e. Xianity, Father, Spirit, Son, or A-X-E [aXe if you're weird]), and the same in faminine, "Yang" systems. [Mother, 'Crone' [read, Spirit], Maiden, the vowel Trigram of O-X-U). The coupling of two equal, but corresponding pieces, divided as nothing, united as everything. Hadit, and Nuit [babylonian], the sacred sex act of reunion, bringing about the old name JHVH, which is J=10 (or 4), H=8 (6), V=5 (9); 10-8-5-8 and/or 4-6-9-6, the former taking the Yin (masc.) route, and the latter taking the Yang (fem.) route...J is a Man, V is a WoMan (note that J in roman is interchangable with I, the primary Phallus, and V with U, the Vaginal symbol. H is the connection, the act, the metamorphosis, transmutation, etc. this is the act of magick, of alchemy, of tantra, of the altering of mind-consciousness. [H also represents offspring, so the gram of JHVH, when we cross it, is Father-Daughter-Mother-Son, creation. this is what bible/torah/kaballah is really talking about when they say JHVH.].)

[note also {full of notes, aren't i?}the similarity between H and 11. H is two entities (phallus, which means existence, not male), connected by a common bond. 11 is the same thing, minus the common bond. "I divide only for the greater JOY that i may reunite!" -Aiwass Dictating to Crowley.]

for the 23 (6-7-7-3=23), 23- as well as 2-3, 5, and many variations- have a wide variety and plethora of meanings. let's start with the letters assigned to 2 and 3. B-C-X-Y (Yin) and K-L-O-P (Yang). B/X is the Male/Yin 2 and C/Y the 3. L/O is the Female/Yang 2, and the K/P is 3. which allows for oh so amny interpretations and permutation. all of which are equally true, equally false, equally meaningless and equally useful.  also, the 2/3 is a ratio of dynamics. depending on particular situational alignment, yin and yang are 2 and 3, one of them being slightly offset, they are enough to keep the Tao in motion, but not so much that they fly apart. 2 and 3 are also fibonacci numbers (0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13...), when you chart those numbers, you arrive at the golden spiral, Theta.

that's the HTTP part, now what about "1.1 404 Object Not Found"?

1.1 . . . well, i've posited that 1 is the phallus [on a note, 'phallus' in my metaphysical understanding means roughly 'On' or 'Yes' or 'Existing'....think of binary]. here we have two Phalluses, with a point between them. a point, by one definition, is a segregation of a line, the part where it stops being a line (infinite) and becomes a line segment (finite). so a point might represent a broken line, a line representing (in this system) an existing, but broken, connection.

then 404. 4 is a Phallus with a horizontal cross bar and a 45¬? angle that connects the cross bar on the left side to the uppermost point in the Phallus. and a 0 is the Uterus.(Uterus does not mean female, it means 'off' or 'No' or 'Non-Existing'...again, think binary). 404, two individuals, Seperate, no connection (Uterus), with personal planes of existence (horizontal cross bars) that are anchored to them and connected to their upper most parts (with a 45¬? angle.) this is followed with "Object Not Found"; and allusion to the subjective nature of reality-experiance? reference to the mysterious '0' between '4' and '4', the non-existent connection, yet somehow both Phalluses develope along the same way.

HTTP we begin with inherent connection. connection in all sense of the word, for we are Potential. Connection in terms of total equality. We are Male and Female, Divided and United (33) and we are Balance. but we are also Unbalance enough to stay changing, and evolving and revolving and altering and stay as ALL in the the Infinite (23). even in the impending Division, which is represented as "/".

1.1 the overt connection of all-ness breaks down, we become as individuals, plain and born. seperate. forgetful. lazy. inert. depressed. vulnerable. neurotic. we bond to illusion and grab onto lies and lie to ourselves to make this more comfortable, more tolerable, more palatable. we've started our existence as something seperate, but striving for connection. that we are existing as individuals, yet somehow not born.

404   in this gestation stage, alive, but unborn, we develope into totality of individuals, seperate and uniquely whole. our preception of reality forms and upon it's maturity, birthing is possible. this is actualization. we are 'born'. some call it illumination. others, enlightenment. basically, it is the state of the light being on. (binary only accounts for whether or not the light changes it's current state; trinary, however, includes duration, a third factor...a "maybe" to the yes/no.)

Object Not Found subjectivity takes hold, and we gather data from the world in respect to our individual constructs. this is a duration period in dynamics. the light is on, and it stays on until it burns out (reaches entropy). in this luminescent period, yes and no have lost meaning, that was already determined by the light turning on. Maybe is now the question posed. "maybe...?" the Great Question. when the light burns out, the object is lost, and not found. "Object Not Found" when we try again, but to no avail. through loss of object, we lose also our ability to precieve the subject fully. 'sight' have been lost, no more illumination, the light burned out.

HTTP/ 1.1 404 Object Not Found

this is a program reaching it's completion?

ideas? comments? interpretations?
Ya' stupid Yank.

Mangrove

comments: rah!  8)

will have to read this in more detail later - it's late and i need sleep.

however your future as a semi-secret kabbalistic navigator is assured.

now go to the bar and collect your free drink.

mangrove.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Iron Sulfide

a drink...hmmm, my second circuit could use some re-inforcing, indeed.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Bella

This is very interesting. I'm going to take a better look at it when my mind is clearer. Demonica's been teaching me a bit about numerology and it's pretty fascinating, but I'm not as proficient in this art as you are.  I really like the Egyptian slant you've taken here.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomThis is very interesting. I'm going to take a better look at it when my mind is clearer. Demonica's been teaching me a bit about numerology and it's pretty fascinating, but I'm not as proficient in this art as you are.  I really like the Egyptian slant you've taken here.

can't claim honors to the 'gyptian cypher. i got it from http://www.barbelith.com/topic/9557 .

i added the reading it forwards and backwards for two reasons:
having double meaning is a very important thing, because the minimum operating level you need for a system is binary (the cat is alive/dead).
the egyptian scribes (esp. mystic scribes) knew this when they made the standard of reading only from top to bottom, with reading left to right or right to left being dictated by certain symbols (like all faces pointing to the left, meaning 'read left-wards')

and crowley highly advocated this method, as well. i don't use it *because* he recommends it, but because i see the sense in using (to each his own...)

on the thread in the link, they go a lot more in detail with the 'isis cypher' and apply elemental value to it, as well.

these guys are onto some pretty powerful matix creation. if you're interested in cyphers, numerology, symbols or you're just fuckin bored, looking for something neat or want a lux fix, i'd advise clicking on the link.

if you're adverse to having your mind blown, though, steer clear.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Iron Sulfide

oh, and it's not that i'm more proficient in the art, per se, it just that i find certain aspects of symbolism easier as raw data symbols, and not artistic symbols. as an artist, when i put something into art, that's when i'm giving it life, not when i'm understanding it.

to understand is secret wisdom. necessary before creation.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Iron Sulfide

example, when i dabble the cards, i don't read the cards, i write the trump
values and employ word numbers (aleph on...)
Ya' stupid Yank.

Bella

Quote from: N'yo B?©, Terrorist Zenjaexample, when i dabble the cards, i don't read the cards, i write the trump
values and employ word numbers (aleph on...)
That's very interesting.
I don't always read the cards in the traditional manner, either.
Lately, I've been laying them out storybook fashion and making the reading up from the action of the characters.
Or sometimes, I look for a certain predominate color and use that to determine the primary emotions.
But it's the numbers that really interest me.

Each group of cards that bear the same numerical value are linked together by certain common characteristics. If you combine this number with the the element represented by the particular suit of that card you can quickly grasp the underlying meaning of any reading. If I see more than one four in any given spread, I know that the client is dealing with issues of limitation, self-protection and endurance. The Four of Cups, for example, signifies ambiguity, uncertainty and self-limitation in the realm of the emotions.

In addition, each of the non-royal Minor Arcana cards corresponds to one of the first 10 cards of the Major Arcana, and each of the first ten corresponds to one of the last ten.  Cards 1 to 10 in turn, represent the first cycle of the life path of the querant and have more to do with practical, earthly matters than the second 10 cards do. This is very useful when the client is asking for spiritual or creative guidance because I can pull the corresponding Major Arcana card for additional information. The Fool and Judgement  stand apart from the other cards because they represent the querant and the end of their journey through life.

For example, the Ace of Wands would be linked to the Magician, whose underlying principles are creativity and consciousness.  Therefore the Ace of Wands represents the birth of ideas, imagination and creativity as they pertain to travel, negotiations, career and home.  The Ace of Cups, on the other hand,  would signify the birth of inspiration, receptivity and fertility as they pertain to creative endeavors, love and spirituality.

Here's a basic chart I stole from The Renaissance Tarot by Jane Lyle

Card/Principle/Major Arcana/Keywords

Aces/Consciousness/Magician & The Sun/Inception, energy

Twos/Synthesis/High Priestess & The Moon/Blending, balancing

Threes/Growth/Empress & The Star/Fertility, creativity

Fours/Form/Emperor & Tower/Endurance, stability

Fives/Conflict/Hierophant & Devil/Change, struggle, spirit

Six/Harmony/Lovers & Temperance/Fortune through effort

Sevens/Mutability/Chariot & Death/Temporary situations

Eights/Power/Justice & Hanged Man/Gain and sacrifice

Nines/Completion/Hermit & Strength/Purification, progress

Tens/Transformation/Wheel of Fortune & The World/Karma, consolidation
just like in a dream

LMNO

::claps hands gleefully::

I am such a sucker for this stuff.

Bella, I don't think I've heard about the first 10 of the Major Arcana linking to the last 10, probably because I learned on the Kabalistic Tree of life, that has the whole thing structured differently (rough and overly simplistic example here.

The thing is, I've often seen the Fool at 0, magus at 1, priestess at 2, etc, and the wheel of fortune at 10, justice at 11, Hanged Man at 12, etc.  This doesn't seem to match up with your system (incidentally, i don't see the fool matched at all).

How are the pairings being made?

Iron Sulfide

keeping in mind that different traditions have changed major arcana orders...

in qaballah (as per my understanding...if someone with more background in qaballah sees error, please correct me), the major arcana represent the paths that form between sephiroth in the tree of life, each path with a numeric value in the hebrew alephbeth, hence 22 major arcana (and the hexagram, if you have a thoth deck, so 23...)

[on another note, many crowleyist qaballah tarot readers argue the placing of hexagram in the deck, since the hex represents the six cardnals, n-s-e-w, and up down. i.e. space, the womb. personally, i place the hexagram before the fool. i.e. creation (hex-00) birth&potential (fool 0) initiation to the path/first lessons of the fool's journey (magus- 1), etc]

what i'll usually do is make a matrix of the major arcana (11x11) and get the hebrew values om the vertical axis and horizontal axis, then do a corresponding minor arcana matrix. almost like a crossword puxxle (the kind you circle words in)...they get 'prohpecies" from the bible, torah, and
koran using a similar method in Bible Code (theirs is less rigid), using old texts.

it's all so interesting, but i have to go mow lawns
Ya' stupid Yank.

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: LMNO::claps hands gleefully::

(incidentally, i don't see the fool matched at all).

i believe bella said the fool and the judgement cards she omits (beginning and end of major trumps) erm, cumputer analogy: 'fool' is an initiation protocol, and judgement is the end program file where all the data is tallied and quantified...???
Ya' stupid Yank.

LMNO

hmmm... I usually consider the fool to be the end and the beginning, as one progresses from "no-mind", begins a trip down the path, learning more and understanding less, until they reach the end of the path, which brings about "no-mind" again...

or something.

Bella

Quote from: N'yo B?©, Terrorist Zenja
Quote from: LMNO::claps hands gleefully::

(incidentally, i don't see the fool matched at all).

i believe bella said the fool and the judgement cards she omits (beginning and end of major trumps) erm, cumputer analogy: 'fool' is an initiation protocol, and judgement is the end program file where all the data is tallied and quantified...???
Exactly. The Fool also represents the person making the journey and Judgement signifies the end of the, as well as representing the beginning and the end. The theory underlying this system of pairing is that the first 10 cards (11 if you count the fool) represent the outer world with it's daily challenges and tests and jobs to be done. The next 10 cards (11 if you count Judgement) represent the inner world with it's spiritual, intuitive and intellectual challenges. Inner changes affect how the querant deals with the outer world, and outer events give rise to contemplation, analysis and change.

If a pair appears together in a reading, it can indicate the emergence of a strong theme. The other cards in the spread could also serve to strengthen or mitigate this theme. Losing one's job for instance, can represent a spiritual challenge as well as a practical one. And I like to be able to prepare my clients (or myself) for the emotional and/or spiritual impact of the events in their daily life. People usually call me about relationship problems, which mostly impact their inner worlds, but this system help me to see how the loss of that relationship affects their mundane lives as well. I can tell the client that yes, they're going to be able to solve this problem, but in the meantime, they need to get more sleep or they might get sick.

I can't find a copy of the graphic used to illustrate the pairings, but it looks like two gears or wheels. As the gears turn, the cards in each pairing come together and then seperate again.

Quote from: LMNOhmmm... I usually consider the fool to be the end and the beginning, as one progresses from "no-mind", begins a trip down the path, learning more and understanding less, until they reach the end of the path, which brings about "no-mind" again...

or something.

Yeah, that's the beauty of the tarot. There isn't any right or wrong way to do it - it's an interpretive art and each reader develops a system that works for them. I also like that it can be as simple or as complicated as each reader wants to make it.

I usually look at the Fool as both the journey and they person I'm reading for. I consider Judgement to be the end of one cycle of life and the beginning of the next - but it could also represent a turning point within the current life. Or within a relationship or career, etc. In this case, the changes are so dramatic that it's almost like a whole new life
just like in a dream

Mangrove

this is an excellent thread! i'm too sleepy to read it in detail, but i will come back.

though i have to say, that as far as i know, the crowley deck still only has 22 major arcana. i'm intrigued by the 'hexagram' card idea. never heard of it! (i thought the extra cards you get in a tarot deck is just convenience in printing and cutting the card stock)

still, this is cool and rahs all 'round.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Iron Sulfide

maybe i miswrote/misread  the hexagram thing. whichever...

i'm a little more intrigued with the idea of a 26 card major arcana, and
it's alphanumeric representation (26 letters of the modern roman alphabet.)

the link i posted ealier talks about it a lot, there's still some references
they're making that i don't understand yet, but that's what learning is for.

basically, the Alephbeth (Hebrew) was that aeon's magic matrix, according
to crowley. and that of the aeon of horus (right now) is the Roman Alphabet and the english language...

so for me, it's a manner and matter of hacking, not creating. symbols, as we agree, have the meaning we give them, and consistency thereof let's us measure data. but if there's a system un use that has a lot of people putting energy into it, certain things are possible:

you can 'tap' into the collective energy being put into that/those symbol(s)
and/or
you can actively participate in that energy to help raise more energy.

any way you slice it, when it's common enough, you can use it to your
advantage, whether it's your means or a borrowed means...
see: dynamics of Chaos Magic Theory.
Ya' stupid Yank.