News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

THE CANCER KILLING PDCOM - Blow-by-Blow Coverage of Democratic Primary Race

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, January 04, 2008, 06:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkStar

Alan Keyes is certainly running this year, but he got in the race very late. 

Freedom should never be taken for granted.  When you give yours away, you give mine.  Fuck you.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Cain on January 16, 2008, 07:52:53 PM
I'll recon it today and we can go in tomorrow.  Thread in O:MF and everything.  Should be fun.
Awaiting approval.
This space for rent.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

hunter s.durden

It's been 20 hours since I registered, and no approval yet.

I'm guessing people aren't breaking down doors to join that forum, so the mods check in about once a month.
This space for rent.

LMNO

Damn.

Damn damn damn.  I fucking knew it.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18186247

Relevant bits:

QuotePresidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) is not concerned about the "technical definition" of a recession. Nor is he scrambling to pay for proposals to jumpstart the economy. He just knows that people across the country are struggling, and his mix of tax cuts and direct spending will give the economy a fast-acting fix, he says.

QuoteAnd how will he pay for the proposal?

He doesn't plan to.

"from a perspective of a one-time temporary boost, it's important for us to just get the money out."

Deficit spending.

The guy who was stringing us along with "hope" and "change" is going to use the same retarded economic strategy as Bush.

Enjoy your $300 check.  Your grandchildren will burn you in effigy.

Cain

:lulz:

Well, it'll end up changing the country, eventually, so its not like he is lying.

It will turn the USA from a country with a functional, if fucked up economy into a third world country.  Your children will hope that one day someone will realize how fucked up this economic plan is.

No-one ever said change was good.

VOTE OBAMA!

Darth Cupcake

:aww:

I don't wanna me a 'murrican no more... *sniff, sniff, cry*

Well, at least the job I have is fairly secure. I'm not likely to go unemployed when our country goes into massive economic recession. I'll probably take huge gouges in pay and benefits, but at least I'll have something. I consider that better than nothing.

But god damn if it doesn't make me want to start stabbing people with the pointy end...
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Diseris

QuoteIt will turn the USA from a country with a functional, if fucked up economy into a third world country.  Your children will hope that one day someone will realize how fucked up this economic plan is.

Naw, look at the world stock markets, we won't be going down alone...
You didn't enjoy it you never believed it there won't be a refund you'll never go back - TMBG

AFK

Anyone catch the interview he did where he praised Reagan and tried to paint himself as the Reagan Democrat?

Also, anyone catch the interview Romney did at a Staples in which he was dancing around whether or not he had a lobbyist running his campaing.  I think he has been studying at the Bill Clinton Institute of Word Parsing. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 18, 2008, 03:45:23 PM
Anyone catch the interview he did where he praised Reagan and tried to paint himself as the Reagan Democrat?

Are you serious?
The Republican candidates are expected to show how "Reagan" they are, but a Dem?

He's doing it wrong.
This space for rent.

Diseris

QuoteHe's doing it wrong.

-depends on the real objective surrounding his candidacy.  Could be another set-up, like John Forbes Kerry, the best guy on the democratic side that the republicans can actually beat in a general election.
You didn't enjoy it you never believed it there won't be a refund you'll never go back - TMBG

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Diseris on January 18, 2008, 05:41:18 PM
QuoteHe's doing it wrong.

-depends on the real objective surrounding his candidacy.  Could be another set-up, like John Forbes Kerry, the best guy on the democratic side that the republicans can actually beat in a general election.

John Kerry is an idiot. If he was truly the best that the Dems could throw up against Bush... then America got what it deserved because apparently we suck.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson