THE CANCER KILLING PDCOM - Blow-by-Blow Coverage of Democratic Primary Race

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, January 04, 2008, 06:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

That's true.

Also trying to get her elected because she is a woman and that "will show everyone that we have equality now and you can be fucked over by politicians of both sexes" is probably the WORST reason to elect a President ever.  I know you're not saying it, but a fair few Democrats have been.

Because they are morons.

Cain

Also, what is it with the right-wing and postmodernism?  Statements from the NeoCons in the White House sound like they were scripted by Foucault (see my current sig), and now Huckabee is using irony to increase his appeal.  Has he managed to hire Lyotard to write his campaign strategy now?

http://www.alternet.org/story/73781/

LMNO

Does anyone get the feeling that once president Hillary fucks everything up, there won't be another female president for another 200 years?

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on January 22, 2008, 01:30:10 PM
Does anyone get the feeling that once president Hillary fucks everything up, there won't be another female president for another 200 years?

you mean just like after bush fucked up you won't get another idiot president for another 200 years?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

You know, I wonder, how many people really think about the gender thing with Hillary.  No, I don't mean that in a "she's kinda mannish" way, but I really think her being a Clinton has a bigger impact on whether or not she wins.  There are many Conservatives who absolutely hate the Clintons, I mean HATE.  I know some personally.  And if she does get into office, they will relish every mistake she makes.  Not because she is a woman, but because she is a Clinton.  Sure, I'm sure there are a fair amount of chauvanists out there who won't vote for her because she is a woman, and will give her flak for being a woman, but I think her Clintoness outweighs her womanness. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

Quote from: triple zero on January 22, 2008, 01:32:22 PM
Quote from: LMNO on January 22, 2008, 01:30:10 PM

you mean just like after bush fucked up you won't get another idiot president for another 200 years?

:mittens:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 21, 2008, 08:40:11 PM
Has the media started to refer to Bill and Hillary as "Billary" yet?  They really should, since they're a single political unit, when all is said and done.

I think everyone's afraid to because they already did it last go-round.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Pfft, thats no fun.  We haven't had a worthwhile single unit celebrity couple since Bennifer.  I owe so much to that celebrity pairing.  Back in the day, when I used to play Celebdaq on the BBC Website (for lack of anything better to do) I bought about a thousand shares in each of them just before their relationship got crazy.  Broke into the top 10 on that alone.

Someone should make a political version of Celebdaq.  I'd play a game like that to the bitter end.

Cain

Cramulus

Quote from: Cain on January 23, 2008, 05:18:12 PM
http://www.alternet.org/blogs/election08/#74669

Romney tries relate to black youth culture.

hahahahahah

QuoteIn his dress shirt and tie, and with his unwavering smile, he walked over and posed for photographs with a group of black youngsters. Putting his arm around a teenage girl, he waved to the cameras and offered, "Who let the dogs out?" He added a tepid "woof woof."...

Later, Mr. Romney admired a child's gold necklace and said, "Oh, you've got some bling-bling here."

I flat out didn't believe this until I saw the video.

This reminds me of that scene in Borat (and numerous other movies) where the white guy asks the black kids to teach him how to talk like them. Then in the next scene he utters some sharply uncool street slang.

LMNO

It's a subtle appeal to white Republican Social Conservatives.

That fact that he's doing it so badly, and in just a pandering way sends a message that he will completely ignore them when elected.

AFK

I believe it.  It's either that or he has some really piss poor advisors. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

Heh.  Dorky white man funnay.

Good gawd I need to defect to somewheres.

DarkStar

If it has already been posted, then sue me...  :lulz:

Does anyone have a youtube thing for the South Carolina debate via the dems?  I am looking for the whole debate.  I tried looking on youtube but I am too ignorant to figure it out.  If you know of this youtube thing, I would really appreciate being shown the way......
Freedom should never be taken for granted.  When you give yours away, you give mine.  Fuck you.