News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

The Atheist Delusion

Started by Cain, March 18, 2008, 10:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

what someone should do is write a atheistic book debunking discordism
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

atrasicarius

Quote from: Vene on April 16, 2008, 01:15:56 AM
Sorry, I tried to post the url in for the quotes.
The first one
The second one
And I found them here. (along with a shitload of similar quotes)

And yes, those people are being completely and totally serious.

I hate to be a lulzkiller, but a lot of the quotes that end up on fstdt are actually from trolls. I, myself, had two quotes put up there after I went trolling on Rapture Ready. My guess is that those two are both trolls. They're just TOO loaded with irony.
"The only things that are infinite are the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: atrasicarius on April 16, 2008, 02:52:52 AM
The first one
The second one

I hate to be a lulzkiller, but a lot of the quotes that end up on fstdt are actually from trolls. I, myself, had two quotes put up there after I went trolling on Rapture Ready. My guess is that those two are both trolls. They're just TOO loaded with irony.

QuoteCan you get pregant from a toilet seat?

How long does semen last when not inside a woman? Does it die instantly? I get worried I may have gotten my sister pregnant if any of my sperm got on the toilet seat we share. I did not mean to do this, and know to be more careful next time. I am not ready to have kids, and I don't want to go to jail.

tell me thats not a troll
the fact that many of these (i dont want to say it but I will) so called skeptics are falling for it makes it all the more interesting
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.

Dante

atrasicarius

I doubt that's a troll. If something sounds ironic beyond belief, then chances are it is, but if it's just stupid/clueless/bigoted, it's probably genuine.

As has already been said in this thread, a lot of "skeptics" arent really thinking for themselves; they're just blindly buying into a different story. See also: ZOMG23PINEALFNORD
"The only things that are infinite are the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Vene

Quote from: atrasicarius on April 16, 2008, 02:52:52 AM
The first one
The second one

I'm sure there are trolls, but there are some people that are very much for real as well.  With a good troll it can be hard to tell which is which.

Thurnez Isa

I must admit i never really ever checked at this site
im going to be laughing myself to sleep tonight

Dante

e

The first one
The second one

Oh, well.  forums. Thank goodness for that.  I was afraid they'd been said by real people.  :lol:

Vene

Quote from: TheStripèdOne on April 16, 2008, 03:43:23 AM
The first one
The second one

Oh, well.  forums. Thank goodness for that.  I was afraid they'd been said by real people.  :lol:
This is true, the internet attracts all kinds of stupid.  Thankfully, they have little influence.

Thurnez Isa

The first one
The second one

hell yah

QuoteIf you think slavery is wrong, then are servants wrong? Are workers for a shop wrong? A slave is just the same as an empolyee at Walmart, they are working for someone.

remember
these people vote
:lol:

and yes im loving every minute of it

Dante

atrasicarius

The first one
The second one

Some of them have.

QuoteJust like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It's no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history.

Pat Robertson

QuoteOne theory is that the pre-Flood Earth had a canopy of ice above it that squeezed the atmosphere down to, say, 15 miles [...] If you squeezed the air down to 15 miles - instead of 100 - it would be more clear because there would be less distortion - atmospheric twinkle it's called. And probably this canopy of ice would act as a photo-amplifier where you would actually see things much more clearly. That's one theory that [in] the pre-Flood world you don't need a telescope - you could see incredibly well.

Kent Hovind

Scary shit.
Albert Einstein

Nast

QuoteJust like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It's no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history.

Pat Robertson

Lawl! Having the ash of burnt friends and family members rain down on you as you collapse of cold and starvation cannot compare to the mild disdain we have put up with!
      \
:mullet:
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

tyrannosaurus vex

hey... it isn't just mild disdain. they're not that petty. what they have to put up with is far, far worse than a little disdain. do you realize there are, literally, millions of people out there who simply refuse to let Christians tell them who to be and how to behave? I mean... sure, kill a few million Jews... no big loss, right? But there are whole churches full of people who are being deprived of their inalienable right to absolutely control the world!
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

e

I think the crazy sect of Mormonism that's getting in trouble now for, you know, raping little girls is trying to use the nazi/jew comparison as well.

Because clearly, Hitler didn't like the Jews because they were raping girls.  And he took those Jews away that he did take away for a good reason, like they were being raped.  :fap:

Cramulus

BootyBay

*sniff*  The poor, poor Christian majority.  It's just not fair they've endured all this freebased hatred from a scattered bunch of homosexuals, atheists, communists and others of their ilk.  Not to mention Nazi, genocidal hatred.  I mean, when 80% of a country's citizens are being persecuted like those in Nazi Germany, someone is using a really pathetic comparison!
There are two kinds of people in this world.. Winners and losers.. I think we know which kind you are.