Main Menu

too much

Started by Janvier, September 09, 2008, 11:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janvier

Quote from: Ratatosk on September 10, 2008, 07:23:37 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on September 10, 2008, 04:11:38 PM
Weed is no more interesting than beer.

Not to say that beer isn't interesting, but its nothing special.  Neither is weed.

I disagree by far, but I imagine that it may depend heavily on the individual. Beer makes me feel tipsy or drunk, after which I usually sit on the couch and watch a movie, or something of that nature. Weed, however, tends to be something that I can use anytime without reducing me to a couch potato.

Even without arguing the value of Madical Marijuana, marijuana appears to have far less harmful and more interesting side effects than beer, at least, that's how it appears to me.

Also, LSD laced weed is silly, for the reasons Cram mentioned. You'd be far more likely to start tripping by packing the bowl, than by smoking the weed. Further, the times when weed is laced, it tends to be for one of two reasons, to make the baggie seem more heavy, or to get an individual addicted to a substance. Acid isn't gonna do either and ... in fact, I think the dealer would probably lose some serious money... It would probably take 15 or 20 hits to really 'lace' an 1/8 of pot.

Angel Dust, maybe... if you're buying from a crack dealer or some dude on the corner.

Always buy your weed from someone you know and trust.

Janvier,

I think you're adding a bunch of nonsense in with useful ideas. I grok what you're saying, but I think you're trying to make something out of nothing. Leary on Acid didn't write at a magical frequency (or at least, I don't think that's the case). Rather, Leary, in person, had enough Charisma that people felt excited about what he said. He had a vision that was great, if you were looking at a Nixon Whitehouse and all your friends being shipped off to a Jungle full of bullets.

Outside of that, Leary seriously fucked up. I personally think that psychedelics CAN, in the right situation, be a useful, powerful and extremely cool tool. However, as Leary himself stated... it depends on Set, Setting and Dosage. Leary lost sight of that and passed the shit out like candy on Campuses filled with anti-war unrest, social upheaval and teenagers... set, setting and dosage went out the window and the results were, well what the results are.

Leary, in my opinion, was brilliant, until  he could no longer separate the useful from the bullshit, or did too much acid or let his ego run out of control. That flaw causes me to consider the claim that Acid opens your eyes to be likely bullshit.

You're so very right about so many things that it almost hurts to point out the things you're wrong about. Should I send you a PM?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Janvier on September 10, 2008, 07:39:28 PM

Not to say that beer isn't interesting, but its nothing special.  Neither is weed.

I disagree by far, but I imagine that it may depend heavily on the individual. Beer makes me feel tipsy or drunk, after which I usually sit on the couch and watch a movie, or something of that nature. Weed, however, tends to be something that I can use anytime without reducing me to a couch potato.

Even without arguing the value of Madical Marijuana, marijuana appears to have far less harmful and more interesting side effects than beer, at least, that's how it appears to me.

Also, LSD laced weed is silly, for the reasons Cram mentioned. You'd be far more likely to start tripping by packing the bowl, than by smoking the weed. Further, the times when weed is laced, it tends to be for one of two reasons, to make the baggie seem more heavy, or to get an individual addicted to a substance. Acid isn't gonna do either and ... in fact, I think the dealer would probably lose some serious money... It would probably take 15 or 20 hits to really 'lace' an 1/8 of pot.

Angel Dust, maybe... if you're buying from a crack dealer or some dude on the corner.

Janvier,

I think you're adding a bunch of nonsense in with useful ideas. I grok what you're saying, but I think you're trying to make something out of nothing. Leary on Acid didn't write at a magical frequency (or at least, I don't think that's the case). Rather, Leary, in person, had enough Charisma that people felt excited about what he said. He had a vision that was great, if you were looking at a Nixon Whitehouse and all your friends being shipped off to a Jungle full of bullets.

Outside of that, Leary seriously fucked up. I personally think that psychedelics CAN, in the right situation, be a useful, powerful and extremely cool tool. However, as Leary himself stated... it depends on Set, Setting and Dosage. Leary lost sight of that and passed the shit out like candy on Campuses filled with anti-war unrest, social upheaval and teenagers... set, setting and dosage went out the window and the results were, well what the results are.

Leary, in my opinion, was brilliant, until  he could no longer separate the useful from the bullshit, or did too much acid or let his ego run out of control. That flaw causes me to consider the claim that Acid opens your eyes to be likely bullshit.

You're so very right about so many things that it almost hurts to point out the things you're wrong about. Should I send you a PM?

Oh hell, I'm wrong about lots of stuff. Correcting me is a favorite pastime here. You don't need to do it in private ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Janvier

Quote from: Ratatosk on September 10, 2008, 07:48:03 PM
Quote from: Janvier on September 10, 2008, 07:39:28 PM

Janvier,

Oh hell, I'm wrong about lots of stuff. Correcting me is a favorite pastime here. You don't need to do it in private ;-)

Leary could always separate the useful from the bullshit. He just understood that the more bullshit you spew at someone, the more they'll learn not to take bullshit   so seriously. He became a jester so others could laugh at his antics and think they're so far beyond him. Of course, that means what he says is usually idiotic, but if you can read between the lines he has quite an interesting story to tell.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Well, I'll agree with that, in some sense. Leary certianly appreciated bullshit and did indeed love mixing it as a dose of medicine. However, hsi belief in his own bullshit led directly to passing LSD out like candy (whoops, don't mind that dosage bit) to any college kid (whoops, don't worry about that 'Set' of mind) for weekend parties (and there goes setting). He became so blinded by his own hubris that he screwed up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Leary fan and I've read everything the guy wrote. I think he had some fantastic insights, I think he was extremely intelligent and I laugh my ass off every time I think about him playing the prison officials for the fools they were. However, his screw up turned Acid into the "BRAIN KILLER" of the 60's, the bad trips that happened because set, setting and dosage were ignored can be laid at his feet. The decades of anti-psychedelic bullshit and the restrictions on psychological research are due in at least some part, to Leary screwing up.

He could have spread his philosophy and vision without passing out blotter acid indiscriminately. His Ego got the better of him though.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Janvier

Quote from: Ratatosk on September 10, 2008, 08:15:45 PM
Well, I'll agree with that, in some sense. Leary certianly appreciated bullshit and did indeed love mixing it as a dose of medicine. However, hsi belief in his own bullshit led directly to passing LSD out like candy (whoops, don't mind that dosage bit) to any college kid (whoops, don't worry about that 'Set' of mind) for weekend parties (and there goes setting). He became so blinded by his own hubris that he screwed up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Leary fan and I've read everything the guy wrote. I think he had some fantastic insights, I think he was extremely intelligent and I laugh my ass off every time I think about him playing the prison officials for the fools they were. However, his screw up turned Acid into the "BRAIN KILLER" of the 60's, the bad trips that happened because set, setting and dosage were ignored can be laid at his feet. The decades of anti-psychedelic bullshit and the restrictions on psychological research are due in at least some part, to Leary screwing up.

He could have spread his philosophy and vision without passing out blotter acid indiscriminately. His Ego got the better of him though.
You're right. These kinds of things should be left to the few people who get close on their own merits. I don't feel the urge to change the status quo on that one. I never really did. Like I said, my message is to the few. The rest will probably be turned off by my ramblings anyway, right?

trippinprincezz13

Yea, that doesn't really make much sense to me.  Seems better to just drop some acid and smoke before/during/after/whatever.

Only "laced" weed I've smoked is with coke, and it's because the people we're smoking with happen to do coke and have thrown some in to the joint/bowl/whatever with the weed. Don't do coke, but if it happens to be in there, eh.

I smoke weed regularly. But if I do any other drugs, I'm doing it because, well I want to have fun. Now, I have had some wonderful experiences on certain susbstances, eye-opening, if you will (bad word, but can't think of the right phrase), on a social and personal level. But I also don't think that drugs are the be-all-end-all of creativity/socializing/world peace/religion, etc. Like I said, I do what I do for fun, and whatever happens is a [hopefully] fond memory.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Janvier on September 09, 2008, 11:06:02 PM
If posit x is correct, than the light at the end of the tunnel is indeed tended to... By those who are yet to come. Everyone who trips now, reading Leary's and other trips,
is the tender. We are gods watched over by gods yet to come. Like Nietzsche points out: man is both creature and creator.

What are the practical consequences?
Well, it's quite simple. The people who use LSD write history. Literally.

Really?  Gibbon and Toynbee were on acid?  Link?

Quote from: Janvier on September 09, 2008, 11:06:02 PM
  I will not permit any to take part in all my secrets until they have read every last letter of my way (or until you figure out this is impossible, silly - or maybe until you realize that to become me, you have to best me), but I'm willing to relinquish enough along the way to keep it interesting.

A little full of yourself, aren't you?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Janvier on September 09, 2008, 11:26:05 PM
Quote from: Eve on September 09, 2008, 11:17:41 PM
I smoke a lot of pot too, but I'm not posting my bullshit philosophy all over the place. I'd be more interested in this if you weren't trying to claim that drugs are the only means of creativity. And if it was at all organized.
It reads top to bottom. Not that hard really. And once you learn to both accept and reject the hypothesis that drugs are the source of all creativity, you are good to go.

Look, I'm not saying drugs are the only means of creativity (or am I?). But they are to a druggie. And this is my trip, beeyotch.
Unless you can prove it to be your trip.

Okay, this is just more pseudo-intellectual bullshit.

Perhaps you would be more comfortable here:

http://gaiaonline.com

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Janvier

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 11, 2008, 12:04:44 AM
I smoke a lot of pot too, but I'm not posting my bullshit philosophy all over the place. I'd be more interested in this if you weren't trying to claim that drugs are the only means of creativity. And if it was at all organized.
It reads top to bottom. Not that hard really. And once you learn to both accept and reject the hypothesis that drugs are the source of all creativity, you are good to go.

Look, I'm not saying drugs are the only means of creativity (or am I?). But they are to a druggie. And this is my trip, beeyotch.

Perhaps you would be more comfortable with your cock in my mouth:

Yea whatever.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Janvier on September 11, 2008, 12:25:50 AM
Yea whatever.

Yeah, we're just WILD about people who show up TELLING us all what to think, and then calling people stupid when they don't swallow your angsty teenage crap.

My bad.   :lulz:

Payne

Yea whatever.

Subtle man. Very subtle.

Smooth too. And Suave'n'Sophisticated.

Janvier

Quote from: Dr. Payne on September 11, 2008, 12:38:11 AM

Yea whatever.

Subtle man. Very subtle.

Smooth too. And Suave'n'Sophisticated.
Since nobody else is playing, do you want to get it on?

hooplala

Janvier,

NO YUO!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Requia ☣

Javier, my dearest fuckwad, please stop making new threads, you're flooding the damned forum.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

1. What Rat said.

2. When I smoke pot I get happy, putter around, and then go to sleep. When I drink alcohol I get intense, write prodigiously, and stay up late.

3. Janvier, are you very very young? You seem very very young.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."