News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Salsa

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, October 28, 2008, 05:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Somewhere on here I saw someone make a comment to add lime juice to any jar of salsa to make it better(probably not a bad idea). This is a lot better than anything you get from a jar so I thought I'd just throw it out there.

5 big juicy tomatoes
1 small red onion
about 5 cloves of garlic (or small handful)
a wad of fresh cilantro
juice of 2 small limes
little olive oil
salt & pepper

optional:
you can add all of the below or one or two or whatever, depending on how hot you want it or the smoky flavor level you want...
fresh raw jalapeno
jalepenos broiled till the skin blackens, then peeled
canned chipotles plus adobo
roasted pablano peppers

Blend or chop really small.
Dip yer balls in it. (wait no don't, that shit would burn)

Suu

:fap:

I fucking LOVE fresh salsa.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Quote from: Squiddy on October 28, 2008, 05:17:08 PM

:lulz:  Yeah, that advice only works for shit without chilis.  :lol:

GREAT recipe--basically what my family makes whenever the tomatoes go on SUPER sale.

trippinprincezz13

That's how I make my salsa except that I've never tried it with olive oil (or any oil) in there. Is that for the consistency? After I dice everything up, I put a small portion into the blender and pulse it a few times than mix it in with the rest. Usually add in about 2 or 3 jalepenos, depending on their size.

I rarely buy jarred salsa anymore because it's so easy just to make my own.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Dr Goofy

Salsa is the most amazing thing ever.

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Squiddy on October 28, 2008, 05:17:08 PM
Somewhere on here I saw someone make a comment to add lime juice to any jar of salsa to make it better(probably not a bad idea). This is a lot better than anything you get from a jar so I thought I'd just throw it out there.

5 big juicy tomatoes
1 small red onion
about 5 cloves of garlic (or small handful)
a wad of fresh cilantro
juice of 2 small limes
little olive oil
salt & pepper

optional:
you can add all of the below or one or two or whatever, depending on how hot you want it or the smoky flavor level you want...
fresh raw jalapeno
jalepenos broiled till the skin blackens, then peeled
canned chipotles plus adobo
roasted pablano peppers

Blend or chop really small.

This looks like a really good recipe; I'll have to try it out.

Have you ever tried adding oregano and replacing the regular salt with finely-ground seasalt? It's really good.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Cainad (dec.)

YEEEOW! MAH BAWLS!
    \
:cramstipated:
   /
Wurst advice ever, Squiddy.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Anybody ever added mango or other fruit to their salsa for a sweet and spicy taste?

It is basically Squiddy's recipe, which is awesome BTW, made it for the kids with the last of the tomatoes for their quesadillas last night, but you add half and half tomatoes and mango.

I had it at a friends house not long ago and it was surprisingly good.  Of course I had to get over it not being made with red and yellow tomatoes first.....

Jenne

I've made mango and avocado salsa alot, Khara--mainly just cut up avocado, red onion, mango and cilantro and add lime juice.

Dysfunctional Cunt

This one I had didn't have avacado.  Now see I would never question avacado, I will eat it almost anyway.  I'll have to try that, thanks.

Actually sounds like it would be good on a southwestern salad....  mmmm

damn I'm hungry!

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on October 29, 2008, 01:46:38 PM
That's how I make my salsa except that I've never tried it with olive oil (or any oil) in there. Is that for the consistency? After I dice everything up, I put a small portion into the blender and pulse it a few times than mix it in with the rest. Usually add in about 2 or 3 jalepenos, depending on their size.

The oil is just to get things moist in the food processor. I usually blend everything but the tomatoes together first, then mix them all in a bowl (my processor is small). But trust me, it's a very very small amount of oil.

Have you ever tried adding oregano and replacing the regular salt with finely-ground seasalt? It's really good

I would never put oregano in salsa.
I also only use kosher or sea salt :)

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Squiddy on October 29, 2008, 07:03:15 PM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on October 29, 2008, 01:46:38 PM

The oil is just to get things moist in the food processor. I usually blend everything but the tomatoes together first, then mix them all in a bowl (my processor is small). But trust me, it's a very very small amount of oil.

Oh ok, that's good to know. I figured it probably wasn't much oil, but was curious.  :)
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Fresh marjoram is actually pretty good in salsa.

I honestly cannot taste the difference between unrefined sea salt and refined salt in recipes with so many other strong flavors, but also I don't usually salt my salsa.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."