News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

ITT, Squiddy reviews beer.

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, November 30, 2008, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I want health insurance. I want it so bad I'd go on a murdering rampage through Congress just to get it. I need it to uh, well, support my obvious filthy albuterol and Advair habits.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on March 04, 2010, 08:00:33 PM
Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on March 04, 2010, 07:56:46 PM
Quote from: LMNO on March 04, 2010, 07:42:41 PM
How is it that you work at a bank, and don't have insurance?

That seems, well, criminal.

Well I make less than 30k a year, the cost of living in my area is high and the insurance they offer is expensive, with a high deductible and doesn't cover shit.
It's garbage.

I hate this place.

That = Fucked.

Grab your husband and kids, and head North.

Southwest.

For a republican state, we have surprisingly good public insurance.

Edit:  this has the added advantage of Squiddy not having to kick her filthy redneck habit.
Molon Lube

Sir Squid Diddimus

That's my dream. Move north.

teabaggers  :argh!:  

Suu you're a dirty asthmatic with an obvious addiction to inhalers. You don't need insurance you need help. :lol:

HEY! I'm not a redneck.
I hate cheap beer, trucker hats and nascar. hating nascar automatically disqualifies me

LMNO

Maybe it's just me, but if Squid went Southwest, wouldn't she be smack dab in the Gulf of Mexico?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on March 04, 2010, 08:15:25 PM

Suu you're a dirty asthmatic with an obvious addiction to inhalers. You don't need insurance you need help. :lol:

HEY! I'm not a redneck.
I hate cheap beer, trucker hats and nascar. hating nascar automatically disqualifies me

No, you're just addicted to living around them.  Tell me I'm wrong.  Go ahead, tell me.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on March 04, 2010, 08:16:16 PM
Maybe it's just me, but if Squid went Southwest, wouldn't she be smack dab in the Gulf of Mexico?

That's what would make it a particularly ballsy move on her part.
Molon Lube

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 04, 2010, 08:16:34 PM

HEY! I'm not a redneck.

No, you're just addicted to living around them.  Tell me I'm wrong.  Go ahead, tell me.

you sir, are wrong.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on March 04, 2010, 08:17:57 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 04, 2010, 08:16:34 PM

HEY! I'm not a redneck.

you sir, are wrong.

So, your claim is that you can give up WalMart "back tits" any time you like?
Molon Lube

Sir Squid Diddimus

Wow. It's a good thing I went and barfed BEFORE I read that.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on March 04, 2010, 08:21:58 PM

Going to WalMart is kind of like reading Dante, only in 3D.
Molon Lube

Triple Zero

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on March 04, 2010, 08:21:58 PM

:spittake:

and what LMNO said about criminal ... I don't even dare to comment, because ... fuck ... you know where I'd be without health insurance? I have no idea actually, and that is the fucking point about insurance.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Yeah. I get bottom of the barrel basics at the emergency room and then am billed BAZILLIONS of dollars later.
It's great.

Or I can go to a walk-in clinic and pay 180 for the visit plus any tests, x-ray, lab work, whatever, which will no matter what cost at least 500 and it's due then.

shitty.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on March 04, 2010, 08:32:51 PM
Yeah. I get bottom of the barrel basics at the emergency room and then am billed BAZILLIONS of dollars later.
It's great.

Or I can go to a walk-in clinic and pay 180 for the visit plus any tests, x-ray, lab work, whatever, which will no matter what cost at least 500 and it's due then.

shitty.

Um, if I had myself checked out when the headaches and fever started, I would have been better in 2-3 weeks, with no brain damage, instead of being more or less ill for the next (projected) 2 months or so.

Go to the ER if you have to.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Squid, dare I ask if the kids are insured?

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: LMNO on March 04, 2010, 08:42:41 PM
Squid, dare I ask if the kids are insured?

Oh HE has insurance, yeah.
I'd go broke and toothless before he went without anything.