News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

ITT, Squiddy reviews beer.

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, November 30, 2008, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on March 04, 2010, 09:06:09 PM
Quote from: LMNO on March 04, 2010, 08:42:41 PM
Squid, dare I ask if the kids are insured?

Oh HE has insurance, yeah.
I'd go broke and toothless before he went without anything.

Kinda figured.  You seem like the ferocious mom type.
Molon Lube

Sir Squid Diddimus

I'm only gettin the one so I can't make a new one of I screw this one up or break it  :lulz:

just kiddin.
He's my reason for living.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on March 04, 2010, 09:10:35 PM
I'm only gettin the one so I can't make a new one of I screw this one up or break it  :lulz:

just kiddin.
He's my reason for living.

Yeah.  

I know how you feel.   :)

My kids are the only reason I keep this job and stay in this state.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Pretty good. Not much else to say.

Lobster lovers? Really? It was amusing, but on the sweet side for my tastes. Full-bodied.

This was some good shit. Medium-bodied, the coriander was a nice accent.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Hmm. Is it really a trippel? or is that just what they call it? corriander might indeed be an interesting touch to that.

i had a half liter of hoffbrau today cause i went out for german food.
it was a decent lager. went great with the food.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's really a trippel. Brewers around here (and Colorado) do not fuck around with names because it would piss off customers.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Suu

I had Franziskaner Weissbier this weekend speaking of coriander. It was delicious. If you like that trippel Nigel you will probably like Leffe. It's an abbey beer that's pretty spiced. It's one of my faves.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on March 08, 2010, 10:01:52 PM
I had Franziskaner Weissbier this weekend speaking of coriander. It was delicious. If you like that trippel Nigel you will probably like Leffe. It's an abbey beer that's pretty spiced. It's one of my faves.

Hmmm, if I see it I'll have to give it a whirl!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

More beer parade:

Like most stouts; goes down easy, makes me fat.

Tasty; hoppy

Totally meh. Lacking in body, strangely insipid.

Suu

I've never had luck with organic beers.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've noticed a trend myself. And organic wines are invariably awful.

Suu

In theory, all beer and wine should be organic. The mead brew that Richter and I did was pretty close because we used tea and lemon to balance the pH instead of store-bought tablets that do so and it was delicious. It shouldn't be gross. If anything the addition of chemicals should make it more disgusting imo.

Jenne

Quote from: Suu on March 09, 2010, 05:59:23 PM
In theory, all beer and wine should be organic. The mead brew that Richter and I did was pretty close because we used tea and lemon to balance the pH instead of store-bought tablets that do so and it was delicious. It shouldn't be gross. If anything the addition of chemicals should make it more disgusting imo.

THIS.  Also, I'm now reminded that I wanted to try my  hand at making brew this year.  Fuck yeah.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on March 09, 2010, 05:59:23 PM

With beer and wine, it's not anything about the brewing process that makes it "organic". The "organic" label refers to how the grains or grapes used to make them were grown.

Which is why the predictable badness is that much more mystifying.