News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

ITT, Squiddy reviews beer.

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, November 30, 2008, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

One should never pitch yeast above 72F.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Suu

When I've brewed, the whole twice I've done it, it's been either in the winter or in an air conditioned room that stays dark most of the time. Unfortunately I don't have that luxury right now so I have to wait until I move again to try something else.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Yeah. I can't exactly do much right now either.  :argh!:  goooooooood damn iiiiiiiiit

good thing i didn't have anything going either. or the landlord would have to reimburse me for that too.
i'm so cranky. it's so fucking hot. it's 78 at 2am.

Suu

I don't have an AC unit.

I also live in a swamp, but on the 3rd floor of a really old house with only 2 windows I can actually open.

When it's 80, my pores CRY. It's not sweating, it's the tears of my very skin weeping for nightfall...and it's not even summer yet here, because those June and July days that break 100 degrees are coming, and you'll have your AC back on by then. So  :argh!: At least you know he has to get you one ASAP. RI has no such laws, and summers up here can be BRUTAL.  :x

Sir Squid Diddimus

Oh for sure.
But you remember how smelly sticky bad stinky icky horrible Florida is.
There's something about the north heat I can handle. Maybe it's just me. Try a window unit? They do help a bit.
We use one to cool the garage when we're doing all our mad scientist shit out there.

Suu

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on May 09, 2010, 07:27:01 AM
Oh for sure.
But you remember how smelly sticky bad stinky icky horrible Florida is.
There's something about the north heat I can handle. Maybe it's just me. Try a window unit? They do help a bit.
We use one to cool the garage when we're doing all our mad scientist shit out there.

They're $100 if not more. I gotta wait another month or so, because 3 area home improvement stores got their storage flooded out which included the ACs.  :sad:

Sir Squid Diddimus

Suu

But hey, that's alright, FEMA will save us, right?

Oh look! BEER!

I sold 2 Three Philosophers last night. 25 ounces of deliciousness!

Eater of Clowns

Suu, it sounds like your new work place would be a good decision if I find myself in Providence for a beer.  PM with the name?  My girlfriend and I tried out Dudley's Irish Pub (I think that was the name) in Pawtucket and enjoyed it.  Friendly staff, laid back, decent beers.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Three Philosophers is alright. If you like it you might also like Bell's cherry stout. It's also made with cherry so it has a similar flavor.

Suu

Its called English Cellar Alehouse.

Suu

Just had a Boulder Mojo Rising. Not as good as I hoped...then again, I was dog ass tired when I consumed it.

Pope Pixie Pickle

My favourite summer beer is back again!

Its Golden Glory by Badger, brewed in Dorset, has a peach and melon aroma and is a amber coloured peachy slightly sweet beer.

Suu does your bar has this? Its a lovely brew.

Suu

There's a lot of brews we can't get in the states. Especially if it's a British micro. Much like how you guys can't get our micros. Too much bullshit to cross customs and not enough produced.