PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

ITT, Squiddy reviews beer.

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, November 30, 2008, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

I'm not a fan of the Mojo :/

Adios

I drank a Bud Saturday. It tasted good so I had another one.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Budwieser? Taste good?

You are quite mad sir.

Adios

Suu

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on May 10, 2010, 03:50:42 PM
I'm not a fan of the Mojo :/

I wasn't impressed. I'd rather have a Hoptical Illusion.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

I tried this in NY:

Dieu du Ciel Route des Épices

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/dieu-du-ciel-route-des-epices/15138/20343/

I gotta say this was pretty tasty. I mean, I couldn't sit and have a 6 pack of this, that's for sure, but it definitely had a strong peppery finish that was really quite nice.

I also had Sly Fox Saison VOS which was really good.
http://www.slyfoxbeer.com/

It didn't have that bitter wang either. Just a wee bit tart, but was easy to drink.

Suu

I had a Victory Hop Devil draft today up at Strange Brew in Manchester, NH. I was NOT ready for a hoppiness of that magnitude. I just have a feeling it should have been better than I thought. It was very bitter but not as aromatic as I like my IPAs. It also gave me too strong of a buzz on an empty stomach and I fell asleep on the car ride home.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Hop Devil is one of those, "fuck it, add more hops" beers.  I prefer more balance in my IPAs.

Suu

Yeah, I wasn't impressed like I thought I would be. I know they have Hop Wallop out now, but I don't know if that's any more balanced.

Sir Squid Diddimus

You can only go so far with that shit before it just becomes ridiculous.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Suu on May 24, 2010, 02:49:40 PM
Yeah, I wasn't impressed like I thought I would be. I know they have Hop Wallop out now, but I don't know if that's any more balanced.

I love me some Hop Wallop. Hop hop hoppity hop hop. GIVE ME MORE!!!! MMMM BUBBLES!

Anyhow, I can't find that Gubna anywhere. What gives?
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Suu

We have it at work.

Dimocritus

HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Suu

Currently drinking Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre. It was on sale at one of my local packies. Tasty stuff. Sent Richter home with a bottle.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Cigar City Brewery----

Humidor Jai Alai: their signature IPA aged over white cedar-
Hoppy and delicious as usual with strong notes of cigar box and citrus. Very bright and clean.
B+

Humidor vanilla: same with vanilla added, tastes exactly how it sounds. Really not bad. Like  tasty cigar. Can't finish a whole pint. Should be served in an 8oz snifter.
B

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie: a nut brown ale with cookie flavors-
Typical brown ale with oatmeal and cinnamon, light vanilla flavor on the finish. Not bad.
B+

Jai Alai IPA: hoppy light IPA, pretty good. A-

110K +OT: a double IPA made with honey.
Just bottled last week, not a big batch, went quickly. Way too sweet and hoppy at the same time. Confused my face, made me sneeze. Would be better if it sat for a year to kill off some of the sugary sweet.
C+  (probably would be a B or higher if it weren't so young)

They had a couple guest taps from Swamphead brewery, one of which was Midnight Oil, a coffee stout, which I've had before. Very heavy, more like a dessert. Tasty though. I give that one an A-.

If I had anything else, I don't remember. But I bought a Hunahpu shirt cause that shit is for REAL. It's their Marshal Zhukov imperial stout aged over 2 types of chillies, cocoa nibs and vanilla. YUM.