News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

ITT, Squiddy reviews beer.

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, November 30, 2008, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Tell your boss to stock it!

Or next year when it comes out again I'll stock pile it and save it for the next time you make a trip to FL. Or some shit.

Suu

I don't think Rhode Island will let us have it. They won't even let us have Yeungling.  :cry:

If it's slow enough today, I'll talk with the douchebag head bartender and see about getting more brews. I've had a couple recommended to me by customers also.

...Because 187 is NOT ENOUGH.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Storebrand

Have you tried Flying Dog Raging Bitch?  It's aptly named...  Pair it with spicy food. 

Other people's review because I suck at it.
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/68/52855

Sir Squid Diddimus

I need to retry Flying Dog stuff.
When I first had them they were a new company and weren't very good, but as breweries grow they tend to get better.
So I imagine their stuff these days doesn't suck as bad.

I'll give em a shot.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I just had a 22 of Lagunitas Imperial Stout last night.

I remember it being quite good and not tasting like it has 9.6% alcohol, so I had a 22 of Pyramid Thunderhead IPA and promptly passed out.

Next time I think I'll wait a bit before I decide there's less alcohol content then listed on the label.

Jesus fuck.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Suu

Haverhill Brewery Joshua Norton (I shit you not) Imperial Stout. It poured black as pitch with no head. This is beer you can cut with a fucking knife. Warming to the throat (imperial!) with a chocolate bite. Nom nom. Local from MA. Available only in MA.

when it's light out I'll get a better pic of the rather plain bottle. My camera phone sucks.

Hmm...Beer Advocate gives it an A-, sweet!

Jasper

I've been spending the last few weeks occasionally buying beers and keeping a log of how much I liked them.

So far, Bison Chocolate Stout and Old Rasputin are topping the charts by a wide margin.

Suu

The beer I'm drinking is VERY similar to Old Rasputin.

Jasper

I guess it'll have to suffice until Haverhill brewery expands. :)

Suu

It probably won't, so until then...CHEERS!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Suu on July 07, 2010, 03:38:58 AM
Haverhill Brewery Joshua Norton (I shit you not) Imperial Stout. It poured black as pitch with no head. This is beer you can cut with a fucking knife. Warming to the throat (imperial!) with a chocolate bite. Nom nom. Local from MA. Available only in MA.

when it's light out I'll get a better pic of the rather plain bottle. My camera phone sucks.

Hmm...Beer Advocate gives it an A-, sweet!

I'll have to find out where they sell this around me. Sounds great
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

I got it at Yankee Spirits in Attleboro, kinda far for you, but I'm sure that any decent liquor store in the Boston area would have it.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Suu on July 07, 2010, 02:08:18 PM
I got it at Yankee Spirits in Attleboro, kinda far for you, but I'm sure that any decent liquor store in the Boston area would have it.

There's a place about half a mile from me that would probably have it, they're fairly large. Never been in there though, because there's one two blocks away from me.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

I am now officially taking a beer hiatus until I am in Florida...see if I can suck off a few pounds before Squid and I go to a brewery and cause problems.