News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

ITT, Squiddy reviews beer.

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, November 30, 2008, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre

I give it a B+
It smells deep with a rich caramel sugary marshmallow malt.
It tastes just as good straight out of the bottle.
I'm not bothering with a glass so you have to guess on the color. My guess is BROWN. Fucking brown.

This beer is 8% and the bottle says "A deep mahogany ale brewed with Belgian beet sugars, green raisins and a sense of purpose".

It's not bad.

I also "fixed" my Hunahpu shirt and it is no longer appropriate work attire (not that a shirt advertising beer is)

NWC

Hey guys - I'm in America for like a month, and I don't really know good American beer. I had my stepdad pick up some Two Hearted Ale (I can't buy beer until thursday, I'm turning 21), which I love, but I don't know what else to get.

We have everything from Bell's near here, dunno what else. I need to taste a bunch of good beers and bring some back to the Belgians to show them that there's something other than budweiser here.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Sir Squid Diddimus

Bell's 2 hearted is one of my favs. Good choice.

Also try:
-Dale's Pale Ale
-Dogfish Head 90 minute
-Lagunitas products
-Brooklyn Brewery (for the hell of it)
-Holy Mackerel (if you can find it)
-Terrapin Brewery: Boomshaka Lager, Wake n Bake

If I think of more I'll post

NWC

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on July 21, 2010, 03:36:59 AM

Also try:
-Dale's Pale Ale
-Dogfish Head 90 minute
-Lagunitas products

Thanks, I wrote them down. I'll hit up the grocery store with a craft beer section on thursday to see what they have.

Also, if you like Two Hearted, you should check out Tripel Karmeliet, it's quite similar. It's a Beglian beer than won some awards last year.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Suu

Went to a tavern today with 69 brews. My friend and I split a "rack", which is a 4 beer sampler for 9 bucks.

We had the Stoudt's Scarlet Lady ESB, which is DELICIOUS, he had Franziskaner since he never had it, Kilkenny Irish Ale, and Berkshire Coffeehouse Nitro Porter. All AWESOME.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jasper

Holy shit you guys

okay so I've been making a point to try what's out there so I can talk about beer-

Tonight's pick was Paulaner Salvator double bock, and it's so damned tasty.  Anyone else had it?

Sigmatic,
I have no idea how to tell how old news this is, but I like it.

Suu

Paulaner is one of the best breweries in Munich and I believe one of the select few beers that are served at Oktoberfest. You chose wisely.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Suu on July 21, 2010, 04:01:03 AM
Went to a tavern today with 69 brews. My friend and I split a "rack", which is a 4 beer sampler for 9 bucks.

We had the Stoudt's Scarlet Lady ESB, which is DELICIOUS, he had Franziskaner since he never had it, Kilkenny Irish Ale, and Berkshire Coffeehouse Nitro Porter. All AWESOME.

I'm a big fan of Berkshire Brewing Company.  There is no better accompaniment to a barbecue (and yes, I mean it in the real sense of the word) than a cold Steel Rail. 
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Jasper

Quote from: Suu on July 21, 2010, 04:50:10 AM
Paulaner is one of the best breweries in Munich and I believe one of the select few beers that are served at Oktoberfest. You chose wisely.

Good to hear I'm not exposing my philiistine palette. :lol:  Really though, most pleasing beer I've had next to old rasputin and bison chocolate stout!

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: NWC on July 21, 2010, 03:58:48 AM
Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on July 21, 2010, 03:36:59 AM

Also try:
-Dale's Pale Ale
-Dogfish Head 90 minute
-Lagunitas products

Thanks, I wrote them down. I'll hit up the grocery store with a craft beer section on thursday to see what they have.

Also, if you like Two Hearted, you should check out Tripel Karmeliet, it's quite similar. It's a Beglian beer than won some awards last year.

I like tripel karmeliet actually :)

Tonight I had Marshal Zhukov's Imperial Stout on tap from Cigar City brewery
(which they have at the tasting room right now.. ehem, SUU)
It was dark and rich, creamy and chocolately. What a delicious dark and thick rich stout.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

LMNO

There is a new Scottish pub in my neighborhood.  I had two good beers: The Pretty Things Jack D'or, and Scottish Session Golden Ale.

Both very smooth, light, and full of flavor.  Perfect for a hot, humid day... which is currently just about every day here in NE.

Suu

I'm drinking Stella Artois.

Why?

Sir Squid Diddimus