News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Millions of Screaming Yahoos, Part 4.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 21, 2004, 07:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Trollax

Be careful Roger, The big reason I want to hunt the white knights is because they'd have no qualms hunting me... believe it. And Well done.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDBe careful Roger, The big reason I want to hunt the white knights is because they'd have no qualms hunting me... believe it. And Well done.

Heh.  It turns out that Ray is the ONLY member of his local chapter.  I'm not too worried.

In addition, it seems that for some reason, my neighbors are afraid of me.  My good right hand, Bowzer, guards me as I sleep.  I have no fear of savage, ignorant rednecks.

Life just keeps getting better and better.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bella

Well done, Roger. :twisted:

Can't imagine why in the world your neighbors would be afraid of a sweet person like you - especially since you have such a nice little doggie.

Seriously though, it's been my experience that people like the ones who live around you are bullies and they have respect for people they can't push around. I'm glad you have Bowser for intelligent company, as well as for protection.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Trollax

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDBe careful Roger, The big reason I want to hunt the white knights is because they'd have no qualms hunting me... believe it. And Well done.

Heh.  It turns out that Ray is the ONLY member of his local chapter.  I'm not too worried.

In addition, it seems that for some reason, my neighbors are afraid of me.  My good right hand, Bowzer, guards me as I sleep.  I have no fear of savage, ignorant rednecks.

:-D I was not saying they were anything to worry about, but any army of subnormal intelligences can overwhelm anyone.
Good to hear that they're not only stupid, but poor on the dedication stakes too

Guido Finucci

::sniff:: And the guy got the good beer. ::sniff:: ::sniff:: That's a beautiful story.  :cry:

Bella

Yeah, it brought tears to my eyes, as well.
just like in a dream

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomWell done, Roger. :twisted:

Can't imagine why in the world your neighbors would be afraid of a sweet person like you - especially since you have such a nice little doggie.

Seriously though, it's been my experience that people like the ones who live around you are bullies and they have respect for people they can't push around. I'm glad you have Bowser for intelligent company, as well as for protection.

Yup.  The only one of the whole rotten bunch that gets ANY empathy from me is Millie, and only because it pisses me off when Crazy Steve treats her like shit.  I DON'T like her, but I still hate to see it.  

Fortunately, I have a couple of sane, intelligent people at work.  One plays chess, and the other is working his way to an anthropology degree.  I suggested that he look at my neighbors as possible PhD thesis subjects, but he declined, saying, "I know those people.  Nobody would believe it...I'd be laughed out of the academic world".  The rest of my workmates range from fairly normal to Crazy Steve-types.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD

:-D I was not saying they were anything to worry about, but any army of subnormal intelligences can overwhelm anyone.
Good to hear that they're not only stupid, but poor on the dedication stakes too

Yeah, well, I just finished cleaning the coachgun, and it's loaded with rock salt.  I am sure that Crazy Steve hasn't got the stones to try anything directly, but I don't know Ray very well.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Guido Finucci::sniff:: And the guy got the good beer. ::sniff:: ::sniff:: That's a beautiful story.  :cry:

Yeah, he's a sucker like that.

Trollax

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD

Yeah, well, I just finished cleaning the coachgun, and it's loaded with rock salt.  I am sure that Crazy Steve hasn't got the stones to try anything directly, but I don't know Ray very well.

Well if he burns a cross on your front lawn, burn a hotdog van on his... not only will it seriously scare all those fine trailer-bound folk who are frequenters of the roadkill sausage delight. It is also delightfully eristic.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDWell if he burns a cross on your front lawn, burn a hotdog van on his... not only will it seriously scare all those fine trailer-bound folk who are frequenters of the roadkill sausage delight. It is also delightfully eristic.

No, if he tries ANYTHING involving fire, I'll torch HIS car, not some poor hot dawg vendor's vehicle.

Reverend Roger,
LIKES hot dawg vendors.

Trollax

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDWell if he burns a cross on your front lawn, burn a hotdog van on his... not only will it seriously scare all those fine trailer-bound folk who are frequenters of the roadkill sausage delight. It is also delightfully eristic.

No, if he tries ANYTHING involving fire, I'll torch HIS car, not some poor hot dawg vendor's vehicle.

Reverend Roger,
LIKES hot dawg vendors.

you and I both... just the first thing that came to mind... not every first plan is agood one ;-)

Trollax,
Still thinks sausages should be made from cow meat, not offal.

Guido Finucci

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerI just finished cleaning the coachgun, and it's loaded with rock salt.

Be careful with that - you could have someone's eye out with that.

Bella

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomWell done, Roger. :twisted:

Yup.  The only one of the whole rotten bunch that gets ANY empathy from me is Millie, and only because it pisses me off when Crazy Steve treats her like shit.  I DON'T like her, but I still hate to see it.  

Fortunately, I have a couple of sane, intelligent people at work.  One plays chess, and the other is working his way to an anthropology degree.  I suggested that he look at my neighbors as possible PhD thesis subjects, but he declined, saying, "I know those people.  Nobody would believe it...I'd be laughed out of the academic world".  The rest of my workmates range from fairly normal to Crazy Steve-types.

It's good that you have some people you can relate to on an intelligent level at work. My daughter wants to be an anthropologist someday, but I sure wouldn't want her close enough to your neighbors to study them.

PS: I felt kind of sorry for Millie myself. What you described last night was horrible - Steve could easily have killed her off from sheer brute stupidity.  And speaking of stupid, I can't believe he came to see you again after you kicked him in the balls and all that.
just like in a dream