News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Intermittens #5

Started by hooplala, December 18, 2008, 04:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

I was thinking of taking on issue five, and basing it loosely around the Law of Fives, and the different ways it can be interpreted.

Thoughts?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Dysfunctional Cunt

Cramulus

I think that's a good topic

but what happened to issue #4?

hooplala

I thought someone else had already started it?  No?

Either way, I am going to be very busy for the next month, and so can't take on 4... but 5 seems likely.  Plus, I like 5.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

I see now that there doesn't seem to be a thread for issue 4... I don't quite know why I thought there was.

Would it be amusing to skip an issue and yet pretend it actually existed?  We could make fake letters to the editor complaining about how offensive the issue was, etc.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

AFK

In one of the other threads Enki*&^&* said something about there being an issue devoted to something and I suggested he do it.  But I think he is non-committal at this point.

We could always skip #4 and go right to #5. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 18, 2008, 04:50:47 PM
In one of the other threads Enki*&^&* said something about there being an issue devoted to something and I suggested he do it.  But I think he is non-committal at this point.

We could always skip #4 and go right to #5. 

Better yet, we can start naming ALL issues on some variant of 5. For example, Hoopla's issue could be called "Intermittens Volume I: Issue 5." Then the next person could do "Intermittens Volume II: Issue 5," until we eventually have to have "Intermittens Volume 23: Issue 5, v.5.0 (Fifth Edition)."

Or, we could just skip issue 4, which is also funny, and probably not as stupid as what I just suggested.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

hooplala

I like both ideas actually.  Can they be combined?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

You're the editor, it's your call.

hooplala

True, but that seems to encompass the rest of the issues as well, not just my issue.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Manta Obscura

I can't think of a good place to post this request, but is it possible to create a thread and have it stickied, and to use that thread as the main Intermittens thread? I'm able to navigate through the Intermittens threads right now, but I'm guessing when we start getting more issues churned out and there are a lot more "Intermittens Submissions" threads floating around, it might get hard finding where the main contribution thread is. Also, it would be nice to have links to the older issues compiled into one thread so that when the old threads get pushed under the rug in the archives, it is still easy to find older issues.

Just a thought.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

AFK

Quote from: Manta Obscura on December 18, 2008, 06:41:52 PM
I can't think of a good place to post this request, but is it possible to create a thread and have it stickied, and to use that thread as the main Intermittens thread? I'm able to navigate through the Intermittens threads right now, but I'm guessing when we start getting more issues churned out and there are a lot more "Intermittens Submissions" threads floating around, it might get hard finding where the main contribution thread is. Also, it would be nice to have links to the older issues compiled into one thread so that when the old threads get pushed under the rug in the archives, it is still easy to find older issues.

Just a thought.

I created a page at the BIP wiki with links to the Intermittens issues.  www.blackironprison.com  I will update it as they come out.

AFK

Also, #3 is the one in the works currently.  Maybe someone can sticky that thread until it is completed. 

Cramulus

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 18, 2008, 06:46:03 PM
I created a page at the BIP wiki with links to the Intermittens issues.  www.blackironprison.com  I will update it as they come out.

:mittens:

Quote from: HOOPLA on December 18, 2008, 05:53:48 PM
I like both ideas actually.  Can they be combined?

color me bland, but I'd prefer the issues to be numbered sequentially. It will be much less confusing down the line, especially when we have over 10 issues. Is it really much of a mindfuck to confuse ourselves by having randomly numbered issues or a bunch of issue 5s? Keep it Simple!