News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

Toaster Oven is the New ...Oven.

Started by Eve, January 15, 2009, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eve

My oven broke. Actually, we just can't unlock that lock thing that you use when you clean the oven.. it's kind of sad. I unfortunately forgot about this and started making a quiche. Luckily, there is TOASTER OVEN.

It's the classy way to cook.

Suggested meals to be cooked with toaster oven? I think I'm stuck using it until my dad gets home to assess the situation, which isn't for a few days.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Bruno

Quote from: Eve on January 15, 2009, 08:35:17 PM
My oven broke. Actually, we just can't unlock that lock thing that you use when you clean the oven.. it's kind of sad. I unfortunately forgot about this and started making a quiche. Luckily, there is TOASTER OVEN.

It's the classy way to cook.

Suggested meals to be cooked with toaster oven? I think I'm stuck using it until my dad gets home to assess the situation, which isn't for a few days.

Take some crackers, I recommend whole wheat Premium saltines. Spread peanut butter on them and top with half a marshmallow.

Toast until toasted.
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've been doing a lot of cooking with my toaster oven. Hot dogs, steak, fish, etc.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Richter

For a moment I thought there was a quiche stuck IN the oven.  After 3 days, what a SMELL! :lulz:

I have seen a toaster make:

Bread (Must be low enough to not burn on the heating elements)
Pizza (turn frequently) (reheat on a toaster pan, or it may catch on fire, referencing the xmas ee fire of '08)
Pork chops
Baked Potatoes
Chicken (in pieces)
Broil Steak
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Steak cooked at like 225 in a toaster oven looks funny, but is DELICIOUS and tender!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Payne

On a side note, I finally located a cheap new oven for myself, after being without for over a month.

FUCKIN' YAY!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

We do whole roasts in the toaster oven these days, but ours has a neat convection setting. We have also made pies (fruit and meat) in the toaster oven, whole chickens and just last night, boneless pork rib loin.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

Yeah, you can do just about everything you do in a regular oven in the toaster oven...as long as you have the space!  I'm thinking sky's pretty much the limit here, Eve.

Suu

I HAVE TOASTED DEATH SANDWICHES IN THAT TOASTER OVEN!

IT'S LEGENDARY NAO.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

TOASTER IS HOLY RELIC.

Aside:  "Do not put cheese in toaster"  - Note on college toaster. 
(Jeez, you start one or two fires and people get all tightassed.  They never even mentioned the pie...)
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Bruno

You have to turn a toaster sideways to toast a grilled cheese sandwich in it, der.

Also works for reheating pizza.
Formerly something else...

Sir Squid Diddimus

isn't there a latch release button on your stove??

or try push or pull

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Payne