News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

Why is Discordia Irrelevant in the Year 2009?

Started by Cramulus, August 18, 2009, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMIX

Re: Why is Discordia Irrelevant in the Year 2009?

this thread
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Verbal Mike

I would expect no better from the worst forum on the internet... Ruined my favorite irreligion! :argh!:
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Halfbaked1

If we were relevent then there would be no need for us.  We are Discordians, Eris is our main squeeze because she was not considered relevent, she was considered disruptive and outside the norm.  The question should be more along the lines of, "Should we be worried about becoming relevent?"  I mean, to me relevence means that someone recognizes the movement as a movement, and THEY should see us as "Lone Gunmen" so to speak.  If we were a movement we would be a target for disruption and removal.  Sure we hang out on the forum and have a bit of a giggle at the expense of the Thudians, but THEY don't see that as a threat.

Any group that opposes the status quo becomes a threat.  But individuals are ignored for the most part while they quietly rewrite the worlds code to bring some small enlightenment to the ones who can turn their brains on to what the deal is with the unreality of reality.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Halfbaked1 on September 10, 2009, 10:40:04 AM
If we were relevent then there would be no need for us.  We are Discordians, Eris is our main squeeze because she was not considered relevent, she was considered disruptive and outside the norm.  The question should be more along the lines of, "Should we be worried about becoming relevent?"  I mean, to me relevence means that someone recognizes the movement as a movement, and THEY should see us as "Lone Gunmen" so to speak.  If we were a movement we would be a target for disruption and removal.  Sure we hang out on the forum and have a bit of a giggle at the expense of the Thudians, but THEY don't see that as a threat.

Any group that opposes the status quo becomes a threat.  But individuals are ignored for the most part while they quietly rewrite the worlds code to bring some small enlightenment to the ones who can turn their brains on to what the deal is with the unreality of reality.

Hey! :mittens:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I approve of this N00b  :lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Holy shit.

:mittens: :potd: :mittens:

How am I supposed to hate new people when they post shit like this?  :crankey:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 10, 2009, 06:57:31 PM

Holy shit.

You'll find a way, I have faith.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on September 10, 2009, 07:00:10 PM

Holy shit.

I hate him for that.  :argh!:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Halfbaked1

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 10, 2009, 07:04:19 PM

Holy shit.

I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT  :mrgreen:

Verbal Mike

Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Halfbaked1

Quote from: VERBtr on September 11, 2009, 12:19:49 PM
Prolly a Daruko alt.
Earning his bread tho.

Nope!

what's a Daruko?  Is it tasty and crunchy with catsup?

I R Teh Halfbaked1, They called me Halfbaked for my ideas that I didn't know were Erisian until I learned to dig the Principia Discordia, so I started using the name as a badge of honour.  As long as THEY see me as being some Halfbaked pseudo philosopher then they never realize that bit by lil bit I am showing them what's behind the curtain.  And by the time that someone realizes that they have had their lil minds re-coded it's too late and they can't go back to thinking like all the sheep around them.

Telarus

Please produce your Pope card for inspection.

The Illuminati census deadline is in 23 hours, and the cyborg census agents are getting cranky.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Halfbaked1

Quote from: Telarus on September 12, 2009, 04:44:11 AM
Please produce your Pope card for inspection.

The Illuminati census deadline is in 23 hours, and the cyborg census agents are getting cranky.

I scanned it three times while farting the theme to mission impossible.  I thought that covered the census.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Halfbaked1 on September 11, 2009, 05:24:14 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 10, 2009, 07:04:19 PM

Holy shit.

I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT  :mrgreen:

I am an olympiad hater.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Halfbaked1 on September 12, 2009, 02:21:52 AM

what's a Daruko?  Is it tasty and crunchy with catsup?

Yes.

Quote from: Halfbaked1 on September 12, 2009, 02:21:52 AM
I R Teh Halfbaked1, They called me Halfbaked for my ideas that I didn't know were Erisian until I learned to dig the Principia Discordia, so I started using the name as a badge of honour.  As long as THEY see me as being some Halfbaked pseudo philosopher then they never realize that bit by lil bit I am showing them what's behind the curtain.  And by the time that someone realizes that they have had their lil minds re-coded it's too late and they can't go back to thinking like all the sheep around them.

Um, that's actually incorrect.  Monkey programming is self-correcting, and simians tend to drop back on all fours if you let them.