News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

150 YEARS AGO THIS DAY

Started by Template, September 17, 2009, 05:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Template

Joshua Norton declared himself Emperor Norton I of the United States.
QuoteWhen Norton returned to San Francisco from his self-imposed exile, he had become completely disgruntled with what he considered the vicissitudes and inadequacies of the legal and political structures of the United States. On September 17, 1859, he took matters into his own hands and distributed letters to the various newspapers in the city, proclaiming himself "Emperor of these United States"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton#Declares_himself_.22Emperor.22

THANKS, WIKIPEDIA.

Dysnomia

It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Telarus

Sweet Norton, it's the 40th of Bureaucracy already! (I forgot that this would be 250 years)  :fnord:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Epimetheus

Thank you, yhnmzw! His Imperial Majesty's loyal subjects have not forgotten!
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Iason Ouabache

2009 - 1859 = 150

Thanks for telling us though.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Template

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on September 17, 2009, 07:00:12 AM
2009 - 1859 = 150

Thanks for correcting me.  Gotta remember that arithmetic.

Telarus

Quote from: yhnmzw on September 17, 2009, 07:04:22 AM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache on September 17, 2009, 07:00:12 AM
2009 - 1859 = 150

Thanks for correcting me.  Gotta remember that arithmetic.
lol
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Suu

Norton is the literal emperor in our Steampunk story. Hence why all of our vehicles have the prefix "HIM", not standing for Victoria.

FOR THE EMPEROR!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Darth Cupcake

Ah Norton. A role model for us all.

Today, I shall declare myself Empress of my department.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Once, me and my friend Dave took the BART out to Colma on a pilgrimage to visit Emperor Norton's grave. After that, we got lunch in K-Mart and ended up getting kicked out for having a foam battle.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Once I went to SF for a conference and took the BART out to pay Homage. I spent two hours wandering around the side of the "hill" (I think mountain is a better term) where he supposedly was. I finally returned to the BART and found out two days later that the map that was available on the Net was pointing to the wrong side of the graveyard.

I'm sure Eris and Norton had a good laugh at my expense.

fuckers...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

LMNO

Holy shit. I can't believe I never made the connection before. I got married on this day, three years ago.

There MUST be significance here.